Status: Active as of 2/22/13

Burn it Down

Take a Walk

~Tiffany's POV~

That summer was a good one, probably the best of my life. I'd never done so much or gone out or had as much fun.

Tyler was awesome, and I liked spending time with Luke.

Megan was sometimes hard to handle. Her attitude sometimes got us into more shit than we needed. I knew she was trying to stick up for us, but all anyone would ever do is threaten us in whispers. No one ever told her what happened because she'd lose her head full of pretty hair.

Either way, we were changing. Tyler and Luke were turning into men, and while I was finally starting to show more signs of the fact I was a woman, Megan was heads and shoulders above us in that way. She looked like a woman, even if her personality wasn't quite caught up with her ass and tits. It took the three of us to watch her because sometimes, even if she didn't notice, she got quite a bit of attention for the fact that she had a hot body. Often, when we were out grown men would damn near break their necks trying to keep watching her. It was sick. But Luke being the funny asshole he was, would notice the creeps and with a little half smile would start kissing on Megan or holding her and he'd never let his hands move too far from her.

So it was nice that for once we didn't really run protection detail.

Tyler was tall now, way taller than he was when I met him. He was damn near 6'4'' and didn't really invite anyone to fuck with him anymore. Luke was still shorter and kids tended to lunge at him to see if they could intimidate him. Sometimes they would, but most of the time he shrugged it off.

I noticed that they both seemed to get more and more angry over the summer. It seemed to run under the surface. They put on a good front. Whatever they were getting pissed off about I had no fucking clue. I noticed that Tyler seemed a little bit more distant from me, and spent most of his time with Luke, but Luke if anything at all, was closer and closer to Megan. Tyler would often get irritated that Luke was with her and would blow him off to spend time with her. I told him he was probably just horny and I didn't blame him if he was just trying to fuck.

The last day of summer break, we went to the park to kill some time. We had stopped and got some ice cream and we sat on a blanket Megan kept in her car.

"I can't believe we go back to that shit hole tomorrow." I said.

"I know." Megan licked at her ice cream cone and looked up at the sky and tilted her head oddly. "However we're gonna be seniors. Only a little bit longer and we can tell that place to fuck off."

Tyler and Luke laughed a little bit.

"We got to start applying for colleges." I said, sighing.

"You guys didn't do that yet?" Megan asked, looking back at me. "We finished that already. We've been accepted at the university for Denver, and University of Arizona. Spring break we're going down to look at the campus in Arizona, check out the dorms and everything. "

"When did you do that?!" I was blown away. No one ever called to help me to apply for colleges.

"Babe you said you didn't know where you wanted to go so you didn't apply anywhere." Tyler told me, half chuckling.

"Oh yeah! Holy fuck." I had totally forgot. I should get on that. "Guess it's about time to be grown ups. After high school there's not a whole lot of choice."

Tyler's eyes shot to Luke's and Luke cracked a strange grin that kind of made me confused.

"Some of us still won't grow up this year." Luke said, his eyes talking to Tyler's.

Looking over at Megan, I shot her a look that asked if she knew if something was up. She had the same expression as me but we brushed it off.

Luke pulled Megan up and repositioned himself behind her, his arms snaking around her body to keep her from pulling away, which half heartedly, she tried. He'd pull her back and bring his lips close to her ear which would make her cackle and her cheeks turn red.

"You're fucking cruel, Luke." She laughed, turning her head and kissing his nose.

"Absolutely." Luke tickled her and she nearly screamed and jumped up before giggling hysterically.

I looked at Tyler and we rolled our eyes. We had that phase but it was short lived, but Luke and Megan never really grew out of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day we all drove ourselves to school and agreed to meet each other in the front of the senior parking lot. When I got there, I could see Tyler and Megan talking to each other. They were both smoking. Megan didn't smoke often, but over the summer she had picked up the habit from Tyler who was more than happy to accommodate, and it pissed me off.

Where was Luke? I wondered as I got out of my car. I closed the door and locked it as I put my hat on and turned it backwards. I walked over to Tyler and Megan.

"Hey babe." Tyler said, lightly kissing me on the mouth.

"Hey, where's Luke?" I asked almost immediately, looking around for any sign of his car.

"Probably running late." Megan laughed and took a drag on the cigarette. It was not smart to smoke directly in front of the building but I think she had stopped giving a shit. "He's not good about running on only a little bit of sleep." She grinned and I understood what she meant.

"Find a new place?" I asked, referring to the fact that often their parents didn't let them be alone for a period of time that would allow for fucking. I guess I was lucky enough both mine and Tyler's parents couldn't have given a fuck less.

"No." Her eyebrows shrugged. "Same place. I think we just stayed too long."

I laughed. "I still don't understand how you don't get caught doing that shit."

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." Tyler said to me in a low voice, lingering towards my ear. He chuckled and I shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess."

I saw a car speeding up the lot and swing into a space so hard I thought it'd slam into another car first before it made it into a space.

It was Luke's car. He got out just as fast as he pulled in and locked the car before running up to Megan who looked shocked. He kissed her so hard and so passionately it was like he thought it could be the last time he would ever get the chance.

"Babe," Megan protested, trying to pull her mouth away at the same time keeping it on his. "Luke, what's wrong." She mumbled against his lips.

Finally he stopped and looked at her, smiling. "Nothing."

Shit was weird today.

Once we heard the first bell ring we all decided to go on in. Tyler decided to walk me to my first class, but I had to stop at the bathroom and so Tyler stopped outside, and Luke stayed with him.

I went into the bathroom and took a piss. I washed my hands and grabbed a paper towel, ignoring the stares by the preppy sluts making themselves up in the bathroom. On my way out, I heard Tyler talking to Luke.

"Tell me you're still in this with me. You haven't backed out, have you?" Tyler asked.

Luke sounded mild, and a little scared. "I'm still in this man. I'm still in it. We still have a lot of shit to do." His voice turned to a whisper. "Do you think we'll be able to get all the shit for, and make all those bombs in time? We're cutting it kind of close."

Tyler kind of laughed. "We've got plenty of time, dude. Fucking chill. We've got til April. We can start soon if it'll make you feel better."

"Yeah."

I thought for a moment. The comment Luke made yesterday now made sense. Some people still wouldn't grow up this year...because they would be dead. Tyler's guns were bought just for this. April. I gasped a little. I settled myself down and waited a minute before walking out of the door.

"Hey sorry, the bitches in there don't want to give up their sinks. Go ahead and get to your class. I'll meet up with you for lunch." I told Tyler.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's not a problem. I took more time than I wanted to in the bathroom."

"Alright babe. See you at lunch." He kissed my forehead and then he and Luke were gone.

I nearly ran to my class. I should tell somebody, but I decided against it right now, until I could confront Tyler.

Maybe I should tell Megan. I thought. But she probably already knows.

No, I thought to myself. She didn't know, because she didn't know why Luke was being creepy yesterday.

Shit this was big.

So big in fact, that I breezed through the first part of the day in a daze, and only when lunch came did I even have a thought separate from what Tyler and Luke were planning.

I ran out to Tyler's car. He was already there, smoking a cigarette. Luke wasn't there. I imagine he was waiting for Megan and they'd end up going somewhere else. Probably having sex.

"Hey doll." Tyler said, exhaling his cigarette smoke and tossing his cigarette butt away, onto some expensive looking car.

"I heard what you and Luke were talking about this morning."

Tyler stared at me and his face blanched. He didn't move. He stared at me wide eyed as if I had destroyed everything.

"How much did you hear?" He asked.

"All of it." I responded deadpan.

"Fu--" Tyler shook his head, knowing the plan was over.

"I want in." I told him.

Tyler's head whipped back to me so fast his neck probably could have broke. "You want in?"

"Yes. I want in on it."

"Tiffany, I don't think you understand how bad it's gonna be. We'd already decided you and Megan were not to be involved in any way. We were going to make sure you weren't even here when we did this thing." Tyler paused but got no response from me. "This is going to be the worst one yet, Tiffany. It's going to be awful."

"I can manage." Was all I said to him.

He sighed and pulled me into him and hugged me. "I'll talk to Luke but right now let's take a walk."

I stopped and thought for a second.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was meant to be posted on 4/20 in honor of every life lost at Columbine High School on 4/20/99, and unfortunately I fell asleep. I recently quit my job and I'm on my last week there, and I'm still job hunting, so I'm sorry I haven't been able to post more. I'm determined to finish this for you guys. Enjoy!