After All This Time and Always

Ch. 3

They sat unmoving under the tree, laying down and staring up at the stars. Snape held Lily’s hand in his, stroking the back of it with his thumb. “I never knew you actually cared,” he said quietly, his voice almost a whisper, “I always thought you thought of me as just a friend.”
“I always cared. You’ve always been there for me, especially with Petunia. She was so mean to me but you were so nice. I mean, you just met me and you treated my special,” she said, turning her face to meet his.
“She’s just jealous because you’re special and she’s ordinary,” he repeated, diving into the depths of her eyes. “I hope she isn’t mad at me,” she said, turning to look at the sky and sighing deeply, her face falling. “Why would she be mad at you? You’ve done nothing wrong,” he said softly.
Lily turned to him and he just barely caught the glimpse of a tear sliding down her cheek and landing on the blades of grass beneath them. “I know,” she sighed. Snape inched sideways, moving closer and closer to her. “I just want her to treat me normally, like before I showed her what I could do with my mind,” Lily sighed.
“You’ll be ok, and if she won’t accept you then she isn’t worthy of you,” he said quietly. He leaned in closely, resting his head on her shoulder as she relaxed her muscles. “I know you’re right, Severus. You’re right,” she said. She smiled weakly, becoming absorbed in his dark eyes, “But it’s just not that easy.”
“Sure it is,” he said patiently, “I’ll be there for you.” Lily smiled, her dimple showing, “Really?” she asked.
Severus leaned in and kissed her cheek, “Always.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry it's taken me so long to update! It's a snowday so I'm trying to update all my stories. Comment/Subscribe!