After All This Time and Always

Ch. 5

When Snape awoke, the first thing he saw was a tuffet of red hair and a sliver of fair skin. It was by the beside the best he was on, trying to hide, almost. As he shifted on the bed, which was a stark difference from the cold, unforgiving floor of the boathouse, the child peeked over.
The sight of the child almost caused him to scream, no the sudden movement which was oddly jerky yet graceful. No, it was the eyes. A brilliant shade of blue. Lily’s eyes.
“Papa?” the child spoke faintly, smiling and exposing a dimple.
“W-wh-what?” Snape was at a loss for words. The child pulled itself - herself, to be more specific - onto the bed, resting on her knees. “Papa, it’s me - Miley. You remember me, right?” she creased her eyebrows in concern.
Snape reached over and ruffled her hair, smiling as she jumped down and hugged him tightly. He rubbed her back as the door flew open and two more children - twin, raven haired boys - tumbled in followed by HER.
Her red hair, her blue eyes, a memory from long ago by never forgotten. She smiled brightly at him.
“Always,” Snape repeated to Miley what he’d said to Dumbledore. But this time he added more: “And forever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but sweet. Message some other ideas for HP pairings. :)

Thanks for bearing with me!