Headshot

Chapter 2

The last of Freya's ammo had been gone for nearly ten minutes and she had been off the phone with Tany for two. She was nearly at her wits end and was in need of some sort of miracle in order to get out of this little... Situation alive. Sam was doing his best to help fend off the three vampires Freya had decide to take on by herself. And was now suddenly beginning to understand where Tany was coming from when she lectured her all the time for 'biting off more than she can chew'. But in her defense, Sam wasn't as useless as Tany always said he was. He was a very good companion and partner when it came to fighting. Sure he was young and he couldn't even transform into his human self yet but he was good at what he did and learned quickly. It was at times like this when Freya was grateful that she had actually saved him when he had gotten hurt by another hunter from a different clan instead of actually killing him like Tany had told her to. But when had she ever actually listened to anything the younger girl said anyway? Exactly, never. But now she was sort of regretting doing that so much as she pulled her last grenade off of her belt and pulled the pin.

"Sam! Duck!"

The wolf bolted away from the vampires just in time as the blast shook the ground and blew a few of the vamps to pieces. Freya's head spun slightly as the blast went off a little closer than she intended it to and left her slightly disoriented for a few moments. But thankfully Sam was there and started to bark and snarl at the vampires as the only two left advanced forward again. At the very beginning of the fight, when Freya had simply been out in the woods with Sam to work on training and trying to get him to learn to transform, she he come across five vampires about to attack two humans. She instantly leapt into action, killing two easily right off the bat but the last three where giving her some trouble. Thankfully her last grenade had been useful unlike the one before it who had somehow landed on a tree branch and brought down the tree instead of the vampires who were trying to kill her. But she blamed Sam for it. He had pounced on her just as she had thrown it since one of the vamps had snuck up behind her.

She did have Louie to take care of the last two, but that was always her last resort. Sure she loved Louie and never left home without him, even if she wasn't looking for trouble. But whenever she used Louie, it turned into a blood bath, and she had just gotten the boots she was wearing and already got mud on them that morning and wasn't willing to ruin them further. And don't even get her started on her hair. She had just got it freshly dyed and cut the day before and now it was in knots and tangles due to these stupid vampires that just wouldn't die- well die again. Just as she was finally reaching for Louie, seeing no other possible option to get out of this mess alive, there was a flash of color and then a familiar yell that pierced through the air as one of the vampires were tackled and staked. Freya gave a silent sigh of relief as she removed her hand from Louie's handle and caught the gun that was thrown her way.

"About bloody time you showed up," Freya muttered with her British accent in full effect. She was from a little town a few hours away from London and moved to America when she was a teen and still had the strong trace of her accent even years later. "What took so long?"

The other person chuckled as they put the stake in the vampire she tackled while also throwing a gun towards Freya so she could finish the other off. Freya shot off only two rounds straight in the other vampires head as the one getting staked let out a blood chilling scream right before it died. "I told you ten minutes, its been eight. And its not my fault you always need saving because you don't use your head whenever your horribly outnumbered like usual. You always have to fight. You know its ok to run away every now and then."

"You know that's not my style,"

Tany rolled her eyes as she got off the dead vampires body. "Of course, because you're always about style."

"Bloody right I am!"

Sam inched closer and nudged his nose against Freya's palm making her smile and scratch his ears in praise for being such a good boy. Tany rolled her eyes and pointed the blood covered stake in her hand at the wolf. "What about him? If he was better trained he would have been able to help more so I don't always need to save your skin."

"Aw don't listen to her baby," Freya cooed as she covered the wolf's ears. "Tany's just being a crabby patty like usual."

The wolf barked and licked her face making her laugh, and Tany roll her eyes again. "Whatever, now c'mon lets go. I was actually in the middle of something important when you called."

"Ok, I need to get this blood out of my hair anyway." Freya replied as she followed the younger girl down the path to head towards the town. "What was so important anyway? You seem more uptight than usual."

"The keys gone," she said simply making Freya stop mid step and stare at her.

Tany must have sensed that she stopped and did so also and turned to face her as Freya tried to form actual words.

"What do you mean the key is gone!?"

"I mean the devil bird flew off with it when we were gone today. He somehow got out of his cage and stole the key."

Freya sighed and continued walking again with Tany in step next to her. "I'm going to kill that damn bird."

"Get in line."
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo yes. I decided to join in on the fun and become the other author. This is probably the billionth story Alex and I have written together and certainly won't be the last! Haha. We have another one we're currently writing called Coffee Shop Soundtrack if you guys want to check that one out too! Tell us what you think! ;D