Status: first submit, hope you guys like it, took me about three days to write and reviseing took like four

New Life

our new life

It all started in kindergarten. The, Wonder Years, when all you had to know is 2x3=6, or how to spell mister, yeah it all started then. Man, how I miss those days. My name is Dakota Jenkins, and I’m here to tell you exactly how my best friend was turned into a witch. Well, I guess you can’t exactly turn into a witch, so I’ll show, no tell, you exactly what happened.
So we were walking to the cafeteria and here comes Destiny, my best friend, twirling her fake wand around going bippity, boppity, boo. “Come on, please stop” I say begging, pleading her to stop. “No”, that’s all she said, not an, I don’t wanna, or make me. That girl lived and breathed Sleeping Beauty. I didn’t want to lose my only friend so, I gave up. She knew I would, of course she did, I mean she was my friend, there had to be a reason, right? The reason was that sometimes, I swear, she knew what I was thinking before I did.
I think fifth grade is when we really became friends. I had a crush on this really cute girl, Heather, well one day I was contemplating on whether to talk to her or not, and up comes Destiny, her brown hair in pigtails, “Gosh, go talk to her Dakota, she likes you too.” That was all I needed, I walked up to Heather and said, “Will you be my girlfriend”, she looked at me “Sure”, she said like she didn’t care either way. We broke up three weeks later, but that’s another story. Destiny still loved witches; she said she would love to be one. That gets us started on Harry Potter, but again, a whole other story. Sixth grade went by like a breeze, not too much drama, but enough. Seventh grade sucked, in truth. That’s when all the weird stuff happened.
Destiny and I were sitting at our usual table when the new kid, Kyle, came to sit by Destiny. I didn’t like him. He was in my 3rd period class, and was a real jerk. “You guys want to come to my birthday party” Kyle asked. “Sure” Destiny and I said in unison. Kyle was turning 14 so it was pretty cool. At the party there was cake, water balloons, and ice cream. After the party though, Kyle asked “Who really, really wants to be a witch?” Destiny raised her hand so I raised mine; I was not leaving without her, no matter what. “So only two brave enough then” Kyle said with a smirk. Destiny and I, the only adventurous one in, I swear, the whole school, stayed after, to see what was going on. After the party, these people in what they called their “Circle” came in and said “Merry meet”. I didn’t understand at first but then I got that they were saying hello to each other. Then they did a ceremony with candles where they conjured all the natural elements, air, water, fire, earth, and spirit. I know, it sounds like some old, cheesy movie right? After that we prayed to the Goddess of life, Isis. At the end, Kyle told Destiny and I “Welcome to your new life.” Then I knew that I, Dakota Andrew Jenkins, was a warlock. Yay, I think to myself, now what has she gotten us into?
♠ ♠ ♠
this is my first post but not the first story i have written. please comment on wether i should continue