Heart to Paper, Paper to Heart

That's What You Get

Three days later...

I let my skateboard wheels rolled to took me home. My knapsack felt so heavy on my shoulder, but as the wind blew sluggishly, I felt my knapsack was just a tiny piece of fabric. There was nothing special in university.

All I have been thinking all day was my acceptance letter from University of Birmingham. Are they accept me? Or... not?

I stepped on the ground, stepped hard the end of skateboard, and let the skateboard sluggishly landed on my hand. I cupped the skateboard to my waist. Walked in the portico, and came in the house.

“Alinaaaaaaa!!!,” Oh, it’s Reni. She walked to me and handed me a letter. “It came early today.”

I scowled and read the envelope. University of Birmingham?

I threw the helmet away, rip the envelope unpatiently, and read.

Dear Mrs. Surya,
The office of Admissions has reviewed your application and is pleased to offer you a place at University of Birmingham..


“Oh my god,” I simpered to Reni. “I’M INNNN!!!!!”

Reni chanted loudly and hugged me. We both jumped like five years old kid. Mum and Dad who heard it, gathered in living room, and joint the joyful tears party. I will go to University of Birmingham, really earlier.

***

After the joyful tears party yesterday, I went online and wrote an e-mail for Jack.

Jackamo,
I just want to let you know that I have accepted in University of Birmingham, so meanwhile, don’t sent anything to my Indonesia address, okay? I will let you know my new address soon:) -Ali x


I turned off the laptop, hoped that Jack will read it pretty soon. I packed my bag again, got ready to go to Birmingham this afternoon.