Heart to Paper, Paper to Heart

This House is A Circus

“Okay,” the cashier said. “We will call you as the saussage croissants served.”

I simpered to the cashier-dudes and bolted to the table with my friends.

“Hey,” Gemma said. “You know Michael Day? The one that plays Lacrosse? He’s in rehabilitation!”

I sighed. The girls started to chirped about someone again. I stealthily darted my eyes back and forth, searched for a guy named “Cheeky” whom ordered same menus.

“Ali!,” I’ve heard the cashier dude called me. I came to the tables, right when the “Cheeky” guy came too. I picked my orders, and simpered to him. The Cheeky guy looked at me, stiffened, and... I don’t know. I just walked back to the girls, and started to eat the Saussage Croisant. I turned, combing every space in the building to find the Cheeky guy. I found him still stood near the cashier table, handed a plate of two Saussage Croissants, looked so baffled. Suddenly, our eyes met, I turned to Tanya. 3, 2, 1... I looked at him again. He walked away from the table.

I ate again. Drown in absentminded. Who the hell was he? Why he looked so familiar?

“What is wrong with you?,” Tanya asked, brought me back to the earth. “You seems so... Kind of baffled, hasty, hiding... What’s wrong, girl? Now you eat like vacantly eating... What’s wrong?”

I shook my head. “Nothing,” my mouth full of Croissant. Three girls were perplexedly stared at me. “Nothing, girls. Really.”

Emma-Lee shook her head. “Okay, girls, listen,”

I began to eat vacantly again. Still, who was that guy?

***

After had a coffee-talk, the girls decided to watched a movie in Emma-Lee’s room, but I didn’t join. I knew that Emma-Lee’s choices were worst. When I went to my room, I saw a letter in front of my door. I scowled it and read it. It was from Reni. What’s wrong?

I went to my room, sat on the bedpost, and unsealed the envelope. There was two letters and much photos inside. Wait, those two letters had different penmanship, and familiar. I read the first letter. I knew it was from Reni.

Dear Alina,
How are you doing? I miss you so much. Things are going a lot lately. Tweet me! You know I would never like to write snail-mails, but since a letter came for you and you have no came back here, I sent this letter with that letter (?) to you. I didn’t read the whole letter, okay? Don’t judge me. You should thank me and owe me LOTS, okay? Hope you’re okay
Love love,
-Reni
P.S: please make sure to inform ALL your penpals that you WERE in Birmingham, so they sent letters DIRECTED to you! If they still sent you letters here, I will open it!


I shook my head, I really miss Reni right now. Although this letter sounds annoying, I miss her a lot.

I read another letter. It’s a sloppy familiar penmanship. It’s from...

Dear Alinator,
Jack Harries.
Yes, Finny and I are having fun a LOT in Amsterdam! Don’t be jealous, Alina :p You will go there someday.. or sooner:) You never know what would happen, wouldn’t you?:p Hahaha lucky guess. Annie Frank was your favorite diarist, I know.. Literature-lover like you always knows and loves her :p

HAHAHAHA Alina although it was embarrasing, it was special though :p You called yourself clumsy, but.. well, don’t call yourself clumsy;) It will make your days clumsy too! So, just don’t called yourself clumsy:p

Well, there’s nothing going a lot lately. I just busy making video of street-surfing with my man Sam Pepper and Louis. Oh, Finn and I are planning to visit Rome again soon, but first thing first.. We have to visit Birmingham. We forget this little city and try to having fun there. Well, let’s see what we have. I will tell you the whole story, don’t worry;)

You will get a place in University of Birmingham. You will always have. *fingercrossed*  Although, I don’t like going to university.. But I’m pretty sure you will have a place there.
Anyway, I also attached some photos during street-surfing, and I’m really sorry(again) there was silly cheeky pictures :p

Can’t wait to hear from you! Have a great day!

Regards and Loves,
-Jack x


I knew this letter probably have written before Jack checked his e-mail.. Or he wasn’t check his e-mail at all?

I saw all of the photos. There were a lot of silly pictures of Sam, Jack, and Louis. A guy like Jack always knows what he going to do.. There’s nothing bored about his life. His life is full of cheeky challenges – wait, what was I said? Cheeky?

Jack’s favorite word was...

Wait. What?

Oh my god –Did I just meet Jack in Starbucks?

***

In the next morning, I woke up earlier so Gemma won’t ask me anything. I picked a piece of paper, and started to write the reply.

Dear Jackamo,
You must be surprised about the address, aren’t you? Or you don’t check the sender address at all? :p Well yes, here I am, in UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM!!!

I have watched the street-surfing video and it was hilarious, weird, cheeky:p, wonderful, amazing.. It was! That was my favorite video ever! I probably going to do that either:p

Well, it’s my second weeks in University of Birmingham, and I still alive. I have two best friends, Gemma and Tanya. Well, actually.. I have another one, but.. I was kinda – well, whatever.

I love anything here. Every single place here. It’s a grace that God finally sents me here for my struggles, frustration, and hours of study.


I looked at my window. Birmingham looked amazing up here. Yes, it was a grace that God sents me here.
Suddenly, one question popped in my head and forced me to asked. Did I have to obey this question to asked? Probably.

Hey Jack, you’re totally going to Birmingham, right? Did you have a coffee in Starbucks near Selfridges and ordered a Saussage Croissant as “Cheeky”? Well, sorry for this kind of stalking questions but I thought I see you..

Tell me anything about your trip:) I will be glad to hear from you! Can’t wait! Xx
Have a great day,
-Ali, your (always) Clumsy friend x


I picked a postcard with Fazeley Canal picture on it. I didn’t write anything on the other side because Gemma didn’t snore again. So, I scrammed the letter and postcard into the envelope. I wrote Jack’s and my address on the envelope hastily, stood, and accidentaly made the chair squawked. Oops.

Gemma moaned. “Alinaaaaaaa... is that youuuuu?”

I wore a flip-flop, picked my skateboard, and accidentaly plopped. Gemma moaned again. I tiptoed out from the room, and hastily walked whilst I sealed the envelope.

Out from the dorm, I wore helmet, stepped on my skateboard, and went to the post office. I can felt the morning cold wind breezed in my cheek.

***

I back to my dorm at ten AM. Gemma had already dressed and looked so fresh. “Where have you been?,” Gemma asked.

I threw the helmet and skateboard near the door. It plopped so loud. “Just went skateboarding with the lads,” I picked an apple in the basket. Gemma frowned at me. “You know, Jeremy... Edmund..”

Gemma shook her head. “You can talk to those guys,” she combed her hair in the mirror. I took a big bite of apple and chewed. I sat on the bedpost. “Why you can easily talk to a guy? You even talked to this most-wanted guy called James Prince Ward! How can you do that?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know,” my mouth full with apple. “Maybe because I was a tom boy girl.”

“So true! So true!,” Gemma exaggerated. “How could you so self-conscious while I’m so don’t-know-who-I-am?”

I shrugged again. “I used to have bunch of boys as my friend...”

“You so lucky,”

“Gem, why don’t you talk to guys? Guys don’t bite!”

Gemma shrugged. She sat next to me. “I can’t talk to a guy.. I’m just a girl with glasses. I’m not that beautiful.”

“Does it matter?,” my mouth full with apple. “Guys will talk to everybody, but if you talking about a jerk guy, he will not talk to everybody.”

Sometimes, I don’t understand about Gemma. Gemma was typical of outgoing girl, party girl. She’s partying a lot, confidence, snuck on curfew, drunk, smart, shopping... But Gemma still feel insecure whenever she talks to a guy. She may knew some guy, and plenty guys knew her. But... still why?

“Oh anyway,” Gemma’s face looked fluttered. “Did you want to go to dance tonight? In The Digbeth area?”

I shook my head. “Definitely no. I can’t,” I pushed my intonation higher in the word ‘can’t’. “I can’t dance.”

Gemma rolled her eyes. She walked toward the mirror and started to comb her hair again. “That sucks,” Gemma snorted loudly. “I don’t want any excuses, just come to The Digbeth area with us, okay?”

“Us?”

“Tanya and Emma-Lee.”

“I bet Emma-Lee has been persuaded you two to dance allnight in The Digbeth are, isn’t she?”
Gemma rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Come on, just come with us!”

I shrugged. “I have to do my paper.”

“Paper can wait, The Digbeth can’t.”

I snorted loudly. I blamed Emma-Lee so bad for persuaded my true friends.