Heart to Paper, Paper to Heart

(Coffee's For Closers)

“Hello Alina,” I opened my eyes widely. Try to figured out where I was.

“W-w-w-where was I?,” I stammered, confused. I tried to get up but I felt headache.

“Dorm, you sleepyhead,” oh, it was Gemma who has been talking. She curled her hair in front of mirror.

I tried to remember anything, but it made my head pulsed harder, so hurt. “W-w-what did I do last night?”

“I don’t know!,” she chirped. She looked so peeved to me. “All you did last night was dance, danced, and danced. Oh, you even ordered – i don’t know – a glass of Dubonnet? – i don’t know, you seems ordered too much cocktails! Did that guy whom looked liked Conor Maynard teach you to drink cocktails?”

I shook my head, tried to analyzed what Gemma has been talking about. “Did I drunk last night?”

Gemma turned to me. She shrugged. “I don’t think so. You seems so... I don’t know,” Gemma frowned. “Happy?”

I was pretty sure that my temples crinkled. I was so baffled. “What do you mean?”

Gemma turned to me again. “This Conor Maynard 2.0 just danced with you all night and talked to you. He seems so... Into you.”

I shrugged, closed my eyes, and slept again. Gemma was probably high right now.

***

“Alinaaaa!! Hey!,” I turned. Oh, that was Emma-Lee. I simpered and kept walking the university corridor. “Hey! Hey! Alina! Slow down! Alina!”

I stopped. “What?”

“Who was the guy that danced with you last Saturday on The Digbeth Area?,” she looked so perky. I knew, she probably going to her clique, made a gossip, and said, “Ah, it had already passé, except this one!”. Emma-Lee.. A creature that I never been understand. “He looked liked Conor Maynard.”

“I.D.K,” I shrugged. “Okay? I don’t know. We just dancing, and probably kind of bladdered*. I didn’t even ask his name. Probably Conor Maynard was better.”

Emma-Lee snorted loudly. “Okay then, bye!” she walked away with his swaggy steps like she was on the runway. Disgusting.

I walked to the large park. I walked hastily, avoided more questions about The Digbeth area. I should have known that go to The Digbeth means trouble will come to you.

All of sudden, I heard like a sound of wheels rolling in the cement floor. I didn’t use my skateboard today, so...

I kept walking, faster... Faster... But the rolling wheels sounds closer..

“Hey!,” I upturned my head. There was a tall; well-built; has got short spikey straight brown hair; has got pointed nose and thick wide lips. I couldn’t see his eyes behind his sunglasses, it made me try to figured out. He stood on a waveboard. He stepped the end of waveboard, let it longing flew to his hand. He walked toward me. He took off his sunglasses and...

“You?” I singsonged. “You?”

“Yes, I am,” he giggled.

“How could you be here?”

He gave me his childish grin. “I could be here whenever you clicked your finger,” he giggled. “How are you doing?”

“I’m fine, I’m fine,” I sighed, lessen my nervous. “How about you?”

“I’m fine, for sure,” he grinned. Suddenly, I can felt my cheek blushed. “Would you like to have cuppa coffee in Starbucks?”

I made sure to gave him my best smile. “I would like to... But,” he lifted one of his eyebrow. “Let me took my skateboard.”

“Naaaahhh, it was pretty close,” he grinned. “In Muirhead Tower foyer, right?”

“How could you know it?”

He just grinned. “Come on,” so we both walked to the Muirhead Tower foyer. I looked at him, he even looked at me too. We both shyly giggled.

***
“How did you know I’m here?,” I asked, I grinned teasingly at him. “Are you stalking me?”

He grinned. “Definitely no,” he took a sip of his coffee. “I just stumbled upon you.”

“You hate university”

“I know”

“Then why?”

He giggled. “What if the letters guide me here?”

I frowned. “Whaat....” What did he mean? Letters? What kind of letters?

“You were in The Digbeth area last Saturday, right?” I pointed him with my straw.

“Yes,” he grinned. “I taught you british cocktails.”

“You were in Starbucks last Friday, right?” He giggled. “And you are...”

All at once, we both said, “Cheeky guy”. We giggled loudly. So... These whole things mean...

“We have no introduced ourself in a right way yet,” he said. I shrugged, frowned. Still confused. “Hello, Alinator.”

I glared at him. “Jack? Jackamo? So these whole time... it has been you?”

He giggled. “What a cheeky destiny brings us here, right?”

***