The Outsider

Chapter 2:Blood in the Water

Dallas, hes real tuff.if in my life there was one person to fear, it would be him. hes got the power to knock me on my face. and i know it would not bother him. but oddly enough, id rather have him to my side, hitting on me every 45 secconds. than sitting here with Ponyboy,Johnny, and these two white girls who,judging by there odd inappropriate scoffs and eye rolls are racist. her and pony child speak of there mutual hate for violence and hate. i find it hypocrytical that speak of peace. but i see it in her eyes that shes not fond of me. Johnny kicks back, you can tell by his eyes that hes never had happiness, but looking at everything but his eyes you see a rough and tough man whos ready to lunge. finnaly the movie ends,and we exit the drive in. we get out on the streets, and pony child keeps his conversation with the girl, Cherry. There eyes are both that of a chidish dreamer. thats when the boys freeze up and cherry mumbles a "shoot" they all look down as if ashamed. i tense up when i notice the bright headlights speeding down the narrow streets. "whats going on" i try to keep calm but alittle fear rushes in. i ask even though i already know the answer, its the socs, they comfronted pony child about stealign away the girl Cherry. the blue mustang skiddss to a stop, the breaks screaming."Get in the car, Cherry" the head one instructs calmly, he speaks to cherry but his eyes are fixed on me. "robert!" cherry exclaims "Next time you two little sons of bitches want broads, go pick up your own kind" he growls, still looking at me. "And you, Marlene...wasnt it?" Robert says. im tence,but i fight through the annoyance and i ignore the pangs of fear through my body. "Get in the fucking car....Cherry get the hell out" cherry reluctantly opens the door, and slowly gets out. waiting in anticipation for me to take her place. "Kram it, Soc i told you once im not going anywhere" he slams a hand angrily on the horn, making the car beep. he cusses me out and flings the door open. he steps out i take out my blade, johnny breaks a bottle and hands it to pony, he then takes out a blade of his own. "if its a fight your lookin for, than we`ll manage" he growls. the socs retreat, muttering curses, pony and cherry share a heart-felt conversation about how pony would never use the bottle, but as soon as cherry brings up how much of a doll dallas is. ponys face sinks, and cherry backs into the blue mustang and gets in the car, they speed off. we walk off slowly to a lot where we sit in silence and gaze at the stars. its freezing, the cols slaps my face. "you`ve really become one of us now, huh marlene" johnny says, maybe the first full sentance ive heard from him. i shrug "giv me a lite" i say pony chils tosses me a lighter and i lightup my cig. i take along draw. ive been avoiding that question for some time now. honastly i didnt know what i was doing. it didnt feel right to invade on someones home but maybe they where used to it maybe to them i was really one of them like i was born a greaser. that i just so happend to be adopted out into the wrong state. that it was fate that i was walking through Tulsa Oklahoma that fateful sunday afternoon. it was monday now ive been stayin up n here couch cuddeld with my dog as pony child read to me. James and the giant peach, i didnt like the book buti liked pony childs voice. he always got real into it.i look over to see there both passed out. i give pony a slap "wake your lazy ass up" i mumble i stumble to my feet and take out another cig to smoke i light it up and pony slowly gets up, he gves johnny a light kick. johnny wakes "id better get goin me nd Marlene will be goin" johnny nodds "think all just stay here" he yawns as me and pony stagger off. whe we get home hell errupts."where have you been" darrys vocie is hard and quiziative. "i uh- feel asleep in the lot" pony says scratching his head "marlene" darry says i look up from the floor "yeah" i say "come on kid" soda motions for me i walk forward slowly soda motions for me to sit. i sit down on the saggy couch that smells like cigs. "dont worry you aint gona get chewed. i meen you are one of us now" he whispers i nodd "aight" i say shrugging i look up and see it like a flash darry lungng forward and giving pony a slap. the noice echos in my head. pony stammers back. not saying anything. he turns and runs. soda must be surprised where my loyalty lies. cause befor i know it im up to running out the house. im running harder than ever. my lungs burn and ive barley gone a block. maybe id better lay off the smokes. pony runs hard and lik a rabbit. when i catch up i think i might collapse hes at the lot "get up johnny we runnin away me you and marlene" johhny doest say anything he just get up and and we start running again. i grab pony childs hand just soall keep up. he tenses up and i see a flicker of pleasure in his eyes as he gives a slight grin. we get about 4 blocks before im beggin to stop. when we all stop i take a huge gulp of air "i fucking left my dog" i growl "no you didint" jonnhy say. he swings hs head and coming up the street as fast as a rocket, is kennedy. maybe thats why his old owners called him rocket. the dog pounces in my arms and i hug it. then i drop him don gentaly "maybe running away isint the best idea" i nodd "never late to go back" i shrug. we walks calmly over to a park where i collapse on a bench. 10 minuets later y heart rate goes down and im not panting. im back to normal. this running away episde reminds me of the night i ran away. i dip my head back and close my eyes. im ready to share my story i think. It was november of 1965. november 20- something. my adopted mom, linda had just got done beating me. drillin it into my head i was worthless. when i first got to that house when i was just 4 years old they loved me both on them. linda thought i was a princess and jonathon spoiled me. linda fell into a deep deperssion when she misscarried. when i was 13 i didnt have anyone. linda was a crack head, i ahd a baby sister lilly, she was 3 when i was 13. so shes 6 or 7 now. i didnt have anyone so i started hagging around with the thugs. even though they sold drugs they showed me love. se started beating me when i was 13 and a half. but it didnt bother me the way i saw it? everyone takes a beating. i was 134 pounds at 13, i was 16 when i left home in three years i dropped to 93 pounds. from not being feed. but linda wasnt the only bad one. jonathon was too. it was november 1965 he called me into his room. it was just me and him. linda was gettign her grocerys and lilly was with her. "yeah, johnathon" i said comingin. i was wearing a blac tanktop and tight dark jeas. my hair was down and stick strait. "close the door" i do a told "Marlene put your hands ontop of your head" i obey not seeing the weirdness he comes closer and puts a hand on my brest i tried to strugle away but it was too late befor i knew it i was flopped down on the floor, my jeans pooled around my ancles. my shirt off and my bra pulled off. it lasted 45 minuets. "tell me you love me" i sniffle my eyes shut tigthly "i love you...daddy" he grins "come on baby girl do it for daddy"i gasp as he slaps me,and i do it. i jolt awake "bad dream" johhny askes "yeah" i say breathless. breaks scream and the blue mustang is back.