Status: The sequel to season one, hope you love it!

The Vampire Diaries season two

Know Thy Enemy

Alex's POV-
"Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep." Stefan said a bit shocked. "What's she doing here?" Damon was rather annoyed with this. Isobel showing up through him off his game. "I don't know. That's what i'm gonna find out." I chuckled. Stefan find out something about Isobel, yeah right.

"I don't think that you should tell her that i'm here." Katherine said as he entered the room. "What? Why?" Stefan asked confused. "It's better if she and John don't know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb." She told him as I went to her side, my black boots clicked. "You're the one in cahoots with them, you and Alex." Damon said with a bitter edge. "You made the deal with John that almost got me killed." "I did what I had to get out of the tomb." She replied. "Now i'm considering my alliance.

"What do you know?" Stefan asked the two of us. "I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you." She pointed to them. "Besides if you two ever need Katherine to swap places with Elena again, the less people know she's here, the better." I told them. "Think about it Stefan." Katherine implored. "Be smart." Stefan knew Katherine and I won.

"Tell you what." Stefan said to the three of us. "You three, call Alaric and let him know that his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep." Stefan looked at the three of us and left leaving Katherine, Damon, and I looking at each other.

Alaric's POV-
"Let her go." Jackass John said causing Elena and I to glare at him. "It's better that she's not here, what with everything that's going on but," He paused to drink coffee. "maybe if you had been a little more honest with her from the beginning, this-" But I cut him off with a hard punch to the face. I just felt relieved when I did it. "Sorry Elena." I told her, even though I wasn't. I felt good, relieved.

Caroline's POV-
"I can't find him anywhere." I said panicking into the phone. "He's not at home and he's not answering his phone."

"How could you let him go?" Stefan asked my roughly. "My mom walked in." I explained. "He took off; I didn't know what to do." So I called you. "Did your mom hear anything?" He asked me. "No. She just thinks we're fighting," I told him. "but he know about me, and he's freaking out about Vicki." I heard the Vickie story. "All right." Stefan told me. "Listen, you have to find him. You have to calm him down." I know. "Compel him if you have to. Is he still on vervain?" "I slip it into his soda when he's at work, but I didn't get to last night, so it's out of his system." Thank god. "He has a catering shift at the Lockwood's today. I'm gonna try there."

Elena's POV-
I looked at Isobel. "The last time you were here, you made it clear that you didn't give a damn about me." You also revealed that Damon was in love with me in front of Alex's face. "Now all of a sudden i'm supposed to believe you want to help?" I asked not believing any of this. "Klaus has been obsessed with finding Katherine and Alex for centuries." John told me. "All it would take was any one of those 1864 tomb vampires to spread the word that Katherine was still alive and one of those vampires to spread the word about Alex in Mystic Falls, and it would bring him straight here." He stated. "Where you were bound to be discovered, so we killed them." "And almost killed Stefan and Damon in the process." I stated unhappily.

Isobel got up and got a bit closer to me. "I have a safe house that I can take you to. The deed id in your name." She told me. "No vampires can get in without your permission, not even me. Let me help you." She pleaded. "You wanna help?" I asked her. "Then get the hell out of my house."

Alex's POV-
"Nice house." Katherine said to Isobel after they tried to strangle each other. "Nicest foreclosure in town." Isobel said as we smiled. Then Isobel laughed. "Come here." The two hugged then Isobel and I hugged. "It's good to you two." She told us. "We hear you've been busy." Isobel nodded. "Yes I have. I've been busy making a deal with Klaus to save your life." She told Katherine. "And also I didn't believe it went I heard it, you really did turn it off."

"Here." Isobel said as she handed a bottle of wine and blood to Katherine. "A vintner I knew in Avignon." Katherine tasted it and smiled. "He's tasty." She then handed it to me. "Mm." I voiced as we left to go to the living room. "So what was with the surprised visit to the Gilbert house?" Katherine asked as we sipped our blood and wine. "John told me Ric was dating auntie vanilla." Jenna. "I got jealous." Isobel said without a care. "You obviously have John wrapped around your finger," I said a bit cynically. "if he invited you in the house." I sipped my wine. "He thinks i'm helping him protect Elena, so he's been very useful in keeping me informed on everything that's been going on." "So tell us what you know." Kat said. "You two were right. I couldn't get anywhere near Klaus," Of course. "but I found my way to someone in his trusted circle. One of his witches." "Klaus and his witches." I sighed. He considered me one of his witches. "He said Klaus is willing to grant you your freedom if we deliver the moonstone and the doppelganger."

"I can get the moonstone."

"You know Katherine; you'd be betraying your Salvatore boys again." Isobel said. "I was more than willing to play it their way if I had to, but they're floundering." "Bonnie has lost power, and they've used their only dagger to kill Elijah." Not like the daggers would work on him anyway. "If we stick with them, we're dead. You showing up changes everything."

Damon's POV-
"Do you really think that Isobel's telling the truth?" Elena asked. "That word's gotten out about the doppelganger?" I think it was. "Look," Stefan started. "I don't trust a word she says, but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning." Very stupid. "You know you should stay here." I told Elena. "It's better for us to keep an eye on you."

"What in a house that any vampire can enter?" Stefan shook his head. "No, her house is safer."

"Well then we'll stay there." I said. "So is that the plan?" Elena asked a bit annoyed. "Neither of you will let me out of your sight?"

"Let me know when you come up with a better one." I snapped lightly. Elena sighed. "Fine." Good. "Then one of you two bodyguards is gonna have to come with me to the Lockwood luncheon." "That'd be me." Stefan spoke up. "Not me." I told her. "I have witch stuff to attend to with Bonnie… And Alex." Elena shot me a sympathy look. "Does that mean you're taking her to the-" "Shh" I cut her off as Katherine and Alex joined us.

"Don't get quiet on our account." Katherine said with a smirk. "If you have a plan to combat the impending vampire doom, please do tell." No one answers. "Seriously what is the plan to get us out of this mess, hmm?" She asked. "She delivered you the moonstone, a werewolf, and the dagger to lure and kill Klaus." Alex said with frown. "And right now you all you have. Or so you tell us." Katherine finished. "No we have it." I told her. "It's in a very safe place."

"I've been honest with you." Katherine told us looking around. "Time to return the favor." Alex spoke attaching herself Katherine. "Let me be honest with you." I said walking up and going toe to toe with her. "Don't mistake the fact that we haven't set you on fire in your sleep for trust."

Elena gave a little victory smile. "Fine. Be that way."

Sheriff's POV-
"The marshal hasn't been able to figure out what caused the fire at the scene," I explained to Carol Lockwood. "but he find blood." I lowered my voice. "No body, just blood." "You think vampires were involved?" Carol hissed a bit. "I'm starting to assume the answer to that is always a yes."

Alex's POV-
"Is this the spot where Emily Bennett was killed too?" Jeremy asked us. "Founder dicks thought it was poetic." I said with an eye roll. "Burning her where the other witches burned." Where I almost burned. "How do you know where the witches burned?" "Cause we tried to save her and Alex almost got burned twice." He said my name with some affection. "Emily was just my key to getting Katherine back before I knew what a nasty little bitch Katherine was." Damon growled. I rolled my eyes while Jeremy laughed.

Then we went into the witch house. And suddenly Damon couldn't move. "Whatever witchy prank you're pulling, don't. It's not funny." Damon said in a struggling voice. "I'm not doing anything, Alex stop it." I rolled my eyes. "Of course when something happens I get blamed." I gave a sigh. "Nope. I'm not doing. No matter how amusing this situation is." Amusement. "I can't move." Then he began to sizzle. "Ok, my ring isn't working. Do something." Damon cried.

Bonnie closed her eyes and Damon could move again in a few seconds.

Then the witches decided to send me a message. "Ah" I cried out and clutched my head. "You-ah- son of bitch witches better stop or I swear-ah- i'll go after your descendants." They stopped. "I don't think the witches like you being here." Bonnie told us. I rolled my eyes. "I guess this is the right place." Of course it's the right place.

"We're gonna go wait outside."

Alaric's POV-
"Hi Ric." Isobel's soft voice said behind me. "Isobel." I replied not in the mood. "What do you want?" I asked her. "Just cleaning up loose ends." She said politely. "Yeah, we don't have any loose ends." We stopped having loose ends years ago. Are loose ends were officially tied up when you last came to town. "You may not." She told me. "But I do… I need to apologize to you." I'm sorry did I just hear an apology from her. "It's a little late for that." Isobel shook her head. "No, not for what i've done in the past. We're beyond that." I scoffed. Yeah, beyond that. "Although I am sorry for outing you to your girlfriend. That was petty of me."

"Look, whatever jacked-up vampire amends that you're trying to make with me right now, i'm now interested."

"Of course not," She told me. "because I compelled you to let me go." I stiffened. "I realize that I don't wanna do what I have to do without you knowing how much I loved you and I did." I looked down. I wasn't expecting that. "He's all yours." Then suddenly someone put their hands on my head and I fell to the floor unconscious.

Alex's POV-
"Wanna hurry it up in there?" Damon asked, annoyed at the waiting. The door suddenly shut. "Screw you too Emily." Damon began to pace. We were a good distance from the house now.

"Will you stop the inferior pacing?" I told Damon with arms crossed, leaning against a single tree. Damon turned around and glared. "Only when you stop being a heartless, emotionless bitch." He replied. "Ooh, angry Damon. What you gonna spank me or something?" I gave a naughty smile. Damon only growled and pinned me against the tree. "No I want you to remember who you are." My smile dropped. "I want you to remember yourself, how you're not this ruthless bitch anymore. You feel and you love, and you hate." I was about to speak but she shushed me. "Whatever you're going through, you're not alone." I wanted to laugh. I truly did. I wasn't alone? Bull shit. "I'm not alone?" I asked in a non-humorous voice. Yet I laughed. "I'm always alone, i'm always being used, and i'm always second choice." I bit my rose red bottom lip. "You don't understand what it's like." Damon bent down and put his forehead to mine. "Then help me understand." He whispered. "You can't understand the pain." I told him a bit harshly.

He looked me in the eyes. "I can't understand the pain?" He scoffed. "I understand a lot of the pain you're going through. You're hurt by the wolf you love. Well i'm being hurt by the woman I love." Elena. I growled in frustration. "It's always about her. Just like it was always about Katherine. You Salvatore's and your doppelgangers." I said with a bitter edge. "I've had to sit idly by while you pinned after my best friend, and now I have to sit by and watch you pine after her doppelganger."

"Alex." He whispered softly. So ever softly as he wiped away my tears. I didn't even realize I was crying. I hated it when I cried. "I love you, and you're my best friend. And only my best friend." What was he doing? "And i'm sorry, so sorry, that I lead you on. I used you." He's talking about the night we had sex. The night we rescued Stefan, the night I stood up Tyler. "And I need you to understand that what we did will never happen again." "Why are you telling me this?" I asked quietly. "Because you need to understand, you need to move on." He pleaded. "And you started to, but you will never be able to truly move on, as long as you think there's a chance with me." I tried to speak again but was shushed. "You were making a lot of progress. Until he left. You can't let him dictate you; you can't let me dictate you." I whimpered a bit. He was right. I continued to cry into Damon while he just held me.

Third POV-
"What are you doing here?" John asked Isobel as she got closer to him. "I'm creating a distraction." Isobel's face started to change and she suddenly rushed over to him and bit John then sent him tumbling down the stairs.

"The historical society was my mom's baby." Elena said as she accepted the check. "She considered all of you family and would be honored and touched by this gift."

Then the whole room heard a noise, they all rushed over to the source. Only to see John Gilbert unconscious. Elena was about to follow but was intercepted by Katherine. "Nice dress." She told her. "Mind if I borrow it?"

Jeremy's POV-
Bonnie's eyes were closed and the voices around us were getting louder. And Bonnie began to cry. "Bonnie?" I asked a bit scared. "You're scaring me."

She suddenly screamed. "Bonnie!" I yelled and tried to get closer to her but I was thrown into a wall. Bonnie's screaming got louder and I couldn't get up. And then suddenly all the voices stopped.

Once I was let go I scrambled over to a crying Bonnie. "Bonnie!" I yelled. "You ok?" She nodded slowly. "I did it." She said quietly, chocking on her tears. I pulled her close. "It's okay."

Alex's POV-
"I'm sorry for the scare." Carol Lockwood said calming the masses. "It was just a bad fall. Paramedics are on their way." Everybody was leaving as we entered the house.

"Hey." Damon greeted. "How is he?" I asked eyeing the body of John Gilbert. "He's dead." Liz stated. I shook my head and pointed to the ring. Damon nodded in understanding. "He'll be fine in a couple of hours." Damon told Liz and Carol. "What are you talking about?" Carol's face scrunched up with confused. "He's dead." "Well, here's the thing." Damon said scratching the back of his head. "John's ring," I picked up. "it's an old Gilbert family heirloom that protects its owner from death by a supernatural." "But he's not breathing." Yes we can see that. "He has no pulse."

"He will be. Trust us." We looked around. "We're gonna need a cover story." I said to them. "Epileptic fit," "Alcohol binge, banana peel," "Whatever works." We finished. "But right now Damon and I just have to get him out of here."

I dumped John's dead body on the floor of the Salvatore house. I looked down, and groaned. My leather jacket was going to need some cleaning I like this leather jacket. I stripped it off quickly and went into the bathroom with Damon following. "I'm gonna need this cleaned." I said as Damon looked at my expensive leather jacket. "I'm so gonna send John the bill." Damon laughed just as his phone rang.

"Stefan? How did Alex and I beat you and Elena home?" Stefan spoke rabidly. "What?" Damon then looked to the soap bowl where the moonstone was being held… It wasn't there. And in a moment of anger Damon threw the bowl to the ground, shattering it into tiny pieces."

Caroline's POV-
"You're here." I said with surprise in my tone. It was also mixed with happiness. "Your mom brought me here." My mom? I froze. "My mom?"

"I accused her of covering up Vicki's death… And she threatened to arrest me." Well of course she did. You do not accuse the sheriff of those type of things. "Did you tell her anything about me?" I asked, slightly fearful. Matt shook his head. "Nothing about you. I got the feeling she wasn't going to believe anything I said, so I shut up." Thank god. "Then she brought me here to cool down, and then she got called away."

"Matt…" I drawled off and stepped forward but he stepped back. Hurt was evident on my face.

"Why'd you stick around if you're still scared of me?" It was a legitimate question. "Because I need to know more about Vicky, about you." "I'll tell you anything you wanna know."

Alex's POV-
"Think this is the house?" Stefan asked as arrived at Isobel's home. "Better be." Damon said. "It's the nicest foreclosure in town." And also since i've already been here I already knew this was the house. "Swear to god if she's not here-" "Don't be such a pessimist." Damon cut him off as we entered the house.

"I got upstairs." Stefan said in a rush.

Damon and I searched the rest of the house and I explained to him I was here earlier so I knew this was her house.

Shortly after we finished searching Stefan came downstairs. "Where are they?" He asked frustrated with the lack of population in the house. "I don't know Stefan." Damon told him.

Third POV-
"What's this?" Elena asked as her and Isobel stopped in front of a headstone. Elena looked down to see the name and was surprised to see Isobel's name on there. "My parents, your grandparents," Isobel explained. "they put it here when it became clear the police weren't gonna find my body. They visit every week, and bring flowers, even though there's no buried here." Isobel looked down. "The Isobel they knew it dead. So maybe there's a part of me that's buried here, the- the human part," The word human was foreign on her tongue right now. "the part I abandoned when I chose to become a vampire, the part that used to dream about the day that she'd know her daughter." That startled Elena. "What?"

Isobel shrugged. "And instead you got to meet the other part… The part that would betray her own flesh and blood." Once Isobel finished her phone began to ring.

"I have Katherine and the moonstone." A male voice said on the other end. "Is the doppelganger safe?" He asked. "Yes." "Then let her go." The man said. "Let her go?" Elena shifted a bit. Who was she talking to? "Klaus has everything he needs from you. Your part is finished; you did what he compelled you to do." That she did. "I'm done?" Isobel asked almost in relief. "You're done." Isobel hung up.

"Who was that?" Elena asked her, but Isobel didn't answer her question. "I'm so sorry Elena… That I was such a disappointment to you."

Then in one swift motion Isobel took of her necklace. It was almost as if she welcomed the sun, she just let herself burn. And all Elena could do was stand there in shock, and she could feel the tears prickle in her eyes.

Alex's POV-
"Is that Isobel's?" Stefan asked Elena, who sat on the couch toying with Isobel's necklace. She was in some sort of shock. "I never thought I would feel bad about her being dead and yet…" She trailed off. "She was your mother." I offered in condolence. I remembered when I… When I killed my mother, even when she begged me to spare her. I didn't, I couldn't. She allowed it to happen. But she was still my mother.

"Why did they let me go?" Elena asked. "Well, anything John told Isobel," That idiot. "we have to assume that Klaus knows, right?" I nodded, it was a safe assumption. "So he knows that you're not gonna try and turn yourself into a vampire. He knows that you have us," Stefan let "us" roll off his tongue very carefully. "keeping you safe."

"He knows i'm not gonna run." She wanted to make that clear. "Which is why we need to take some precautions," Damon told him. "'cause we got played, all of us." Well most of us. He then placed some papers in her lap. "What's this?" She asked looking down at some documents. "It's the deed to our house." Stefan told her. "It's in Zach's name. As soon as you sign it, it'll be in your name."

"You're giving me your house?" She asked in almost disbelief. "Isobel had the right idea with the safe house." I told her. "I did the same with Jeremy; he signed it a few weeks back. When he started to come around a lot."

"You'll just stat here till it's all over. That way, you can control who gets invited and who doesn't."

"Although we'll be super pissed if you locked us out." Damon piped up.

John then started to wake up and when he did Damon and went to him and Damon grabbed his shirt. "I swear I had no idea what she was gonna do." … He wasn't lying. I knew he wasn't. "I'm so, so sorry." John apologized. "Damon let him go. He and I need to talk." Damon begrudgingly let him go.

I narrowed my eyes and smacked him. "Alex!" Stefan exclaimed in surprise. I shrugged. "What? The guy owes me a dry cleaners bill for my leather jacket."

Elena's POV-
"I always knew that she, Katherine, and Alex were close but I never realized that Isobel and them were working against me." John started to explain. "Three of the world's most uncaring and selfish vampires, and yet they were, well Alex and Katherine still are, genuinely friends." Alex and Katherine were still friends. "If that's what you thought of her why did you ever put your trust in her?" His expression softened. "Because I was there when she gave birth to you Elena." His eyes swam with old memories. "I saw how heartbroken she was when she had to give you up." Isobel was genuinely heartbroken. "And because she was the first girl I ever loved," Loved. "and when she said she'd help keep you safe…" He sighed. "I believed her. At this point I will do whatever you want me to do. If you feel safer with me not around, then i'll go."

I didn't answer for a second and John looked sad, almost as if he was about to cry.

"You screw up everything John. Everything you touch falls apart." I stated. "But you're the only parent I have left so maybe I can learn not to hate you." John got a small smile. "Okay."

Katherine's POV-
I woke up groggy, and I woke up to chanting. I looked around, and saw the vases, one smelled of blood. I started to get up and gripped the closest thing near me. I narrowed my eyes at the warlock and looked to see Alaric getting up. "Alaric?" I questioned and went to the door but I was trapped. I quickly turned around to see Alaric approaching me.

"Zdravei Katarina." I froze. Oh no. Oh please no. He took my face in his hands. "I have missed you.

"Klaus."
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I don't own TVD just Alex and any other OC that comes l along unless i say other wise

Well Alex has finally turned it back on. And Alex and Damon are on ok terms again. And yes boys and girls, Klaus is here. R&R please!

Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/alex_siren_know_thy_enemy/set?id=28388738&lid=793105