Status: complete

Doin' Dirt

Doin' Dirt

She hated clubs and bars. She'd rather be home reading books and watching old Disney movies. But no; her friends dragged her out because it was her birthday and, apparently, that was the thing to do.
She felt like a fish out of water and lightly swayed to the music while leaning on the wall. The wallflower was in full bloom. She people watched her way through most of the night until the real party arrived.
He walked in and her eyes gravitated towards him and she couldn't pull away. The way his blonde hair shined under the dark bar lights, his blue eyes reflecting off the glass surfaces. He looked good in the suit he was wearing.
"Go talk to him." she heard her friend say coming up next to her; nudging her off the wall a little. McKenna shook my head feverishly.
"No I can't I-I'll embarrass myself." she said with a slight laugh. What's a girl like her going to talk about with a guy like that?
"Come on McKenna! It's your birthday! Celebrate it right" another friend said with a wink and a wiggle of her eyebrow. She ignored her friends and continued to watch him as he laughed along with his teammates.
She already knew who he was; but she always wanted to know him better. Although his success, he was practically a nobody in the league as far as media coverage goes. Something about him was also so enchanting and she really couldn't look away...even if she wanted to.

He noticed her as soon as he walked in. She was gently swaying along to whatever song was playing. The dress she had on perfectly fitting every curve. He felt an instant attraction. He wasn't sure if that was the jet-lag from just flying in from LA to Pittsburgh, or that he was just really was attracted to her. All he did know was that not even the strongest drink he drank could quench his dry mouth from looking at her.
“Dude. Close your mouth you’re entering creeper status.” He heard Malone say from his left. He snapped back to reality and tore his eyes away to look at his friend who laughed and shook his head at him. Steven tried to come up with an excuse; but he came up short.
“Grow some balls and grab her onto the dance floor.” Vinny jabbed. Steven was the young one on the team so he was used to the heat. He wasn’t about to let his teammates mock him into a situation he might regret.
Then again…
No. he couldn’t. He may be graceful on the ice but off it he could barely move his hips side to side.
He didn’t know what was wrong with him. He usually wasn’t this nervous. He was just so used to causally sweeping a girl off her feet and they would have a good time. Seeing her, he felt like he didn’t know how to talk and his feet were firmly planted at the bar no matter how much he tried to move them. He just gripped his drink tight and tried to focus his attention on anything but her.

“He’s been staring at you for the past half hour! Go talk to him please” her friends begged and pleaded at her. She still wouldn’t budge.
She noticed the glances. She just didn’t want to believe that they were directed towards her. She felt self-conscious under his intimidating eyes...but she kind of liked it. "If you don't go grab him I'm pushing you out on the dance floor myself!" Her best friend Sara gave her the ultimatum. Before she could respond she was ripped onto the dance floor and was colliding clumsily against sweaty bodies, feeling really out of her element.
"What are you doing!" She hissed. She barely knew how to dance as it was, and the alcohol she had consumed along with her 4-inch heels wasn't helping much.
"I'm dangling the meat i front of the hungry lion." Sara said with a wink. McKenna rolled her eyes and tried to get away when someone grabbed her wrist. She began to panic, then she saw who it was.

His last shot of tequila finally made him "grab his jock". He lost it when he saw her on the dance floor; she was in full light. With a literal push from his trusty teammates he was right there on the dance floor and holding onto her wrist. She was scared at first but it quickly faded away once their eyes locked. He wasn't quite sure what that mean.
"Dance with me." He said simply and without another word they gravitated towards each other.
They were face to face and his hands held onto her hips firmly, not letting her move away from him, they were barely inches apart. The rush they both felt was new to them. They’ve both danced with strangers in clubs before, but this time it felt different. There was more of an urgency and electricity in the air around them that kept them together. No one dared look away from the other as the synced their bodies to the music as McKenna put her hands through his hair, he breathed out a moan and closed his eyes. She smirked and let all the bad thoughts leave her mind and body, she focused again on the boy in front of her that was looking at her with lustful eyes.
He made his way towards her neck and began to get himself lost in it. Kissing and sucking trying to find the spot that made her toes curl. It didn’t take him long to find it. She clutched onto him as he explored her body. She was going crazy. She pushed him of her only to crash her lips against his. He grabbed her neck and pushed her into him. Her hands went into his back pockets and they lingered. Neither one wanted to break the kiss but both could see the stares that their friends were giving them. They needed privacy.
Without a word Steven grabbed her hand and took her outside, the cold Pittsburgh air not even fazing either of them. He pushed her up against the brick building and kissed her again. Every second that past grew hotter and more urgent and her mind was fried. All she wanted was him. All he wanted was her. He grabbed her by the hand and ran to her car. They were getting out of here.

And McKenna knew that this was definitely a birthday to remember.