Status: complete

Doin' Dirt

Kiss You Inside Out

McKenna woke up in an unfamiliar and stiff bed. She turned over to see an unresponsive lump; the body slowly rising and falling. McKenna examined Steven's back, the curve along his spine, the way his muscles seemed to be flexed even when he's sleeping. She traced down his back softly, careful not to wake him.
She turned to look at the clock; it was almost 10 AM. "Well I guess he didn't have anywhere to be" she laughed lightly. She heard a big moan and looked to see his body shift and stretch. They locked eyes and he smiled. "Good morning beautiful." he said; sleep still heavy on his voice. McKenna couldn't keep the smirk from her face.
"Good morning Mr. Stamkos," she replied. He kissed her lightly and pulled her into him, and made his way down to her neck.
"Don't you have somewhere to be?" she teased.
"Day off." he mumbled, his breath hot on her neck, sending chills down her spine. It made sense, they didn't play until tomorrow, probably flew in last night to beat the jetlag. McKenna gripped his shoulders; he got on top of her.
"Are you always so full of life when you wake up?" she asked.
He laughed, "I mean after a night like last night, it’s hard not to be..." He whispered, his lips practically on hers. They kissed for a while more before McKenna broke it.
"We can't just stay here all day." she said breathless. He smiled and rolled onto his side.
"Sure we can," he exclaimed, grabbing her waist. She put a hand on his neck, shaking her head, she laughed.
"No. we can't.” She repeated. As much as she wanted to stay, and as much as he wanted her too, they knew they had to leave the hotel room and attempt to be civil towards each other. Steven sighed and kissed her forehead.
"Fine. Party pooper. I guess we could shower and then go somewhere."
"uh...we?" she questioned. He got out of bed and, in full glory, winked and grabbed her hand.
"It's such a waste of water to shower alone." He replied, dragging her in with him.
~~~~~~~~~~
After they spent 30 minutes ‘showering’, they were both finally fully clothed. Steven sat on the bed and pulled her into him. "My clothes look good on you." he whispered into her ear. He was referring to the hoodie and sweatpants he gave her so she didn’t have to put back on her club clothes from yesterday. "They would look better on the floor though" he continued, tugging at the seam. She slapped his hand away.
"Do you really think it's this easy to get a girl into bed with you?" she questioned, Steven had a new twinkle in his eye and shrugged.
"I mean I'm pretty quick." he bragged, puffing his chest. She just rolled her eyes and waited him to come down from his ego trip. "So where do you want to go?" He asked; McKenna looked at him. She was surprised that she was even still here with him. It was nearly noon and she felt like she was overstaying her visit with the superstar.
"I might be new to this whole 'one night stand' thing, but I'm pretty sure I was supposed to leave a long time ago." she answered, avoiding his question. He flashed a killer smile and brought her down onto the bed with him.
"Well why does it have to be one night?" He asked. McKenna couldn't tell if he was bluffing or not. Why would he want to spend more than a day with a girl he met in a club
"Aren't your teammates worried about you?" she asked. Steven laughed at that and put his hands on her bare hips.
"Please. After the way I was drooling over you last night they would be worried if I didn't spend this much time with you."
McKenna smirked at him. She had to admit that he knew what to say to make a girl feel good about herself. She kissed him lightly and tried to break from his hold. When she finally got the upper hand he pulled her back down into him. "You at least need some fresh air" she argued. He shook his head in agreement and went towards the window and opened it. She rolled her eyes at his loophole. "You really don't want to leave this hotel room do you?" she observed as he walked back over to her.
"No not really." He replied kissing her. It wasn't before long till Steven had his shirt back off and Mckenna's sweatshirt exposed all her stomach.
"Steven we need to stop" McKenna tried to say as firmly as she could in between kisses. This had gone on for too long and she started to feel the judgement sink in. This wasn't her; she never did things like this, and when the rare occasion came that she did, that 'stranger' wasn't a NHL superstar. Steven looked at her and it was the first time they really looked at each other. No raging hormones, no alcohol clouding their memory. They were both sober and both scared at how beautiful the other was. For the first time, Steven was at a loss for words. He saw the softness in eyes as he got off of her and sat up on the edge of the bed. The silence in the air was mutual. They both felt the electricity flow through them.
"You're right. I'm sorry." he said in a small voice. He scanned the room to avoid looking at her.
Neither one of them wanted to speak first. Both of them were effected from that little star down and they both tried to read the thoughts of the other. She bumped he shoulder. “It’s okay. Not like I wasn’t enjoying it.” He laughed at that a little and looked down at her hand. He wanted to grab. He wanted to hold her close, but for the first time since they met, he just wanted to do that. No kissing, no funny business, just the feeling of her skin on his was all he needed.
Steven didn’t know what was wrong. She intimidated him. This was new for him. He was so used to just taking a girl home for a good time and that was it; nothing more, but with McKenna, he wanted to know her. It scared him.
She didn’t know how to take his silence or his sudden compliance to stop. What was he thinking about? She rattled her brain for an answer when she saw him looking at the small space between their hands. She smiled lightly and grabbed his hand and saw his shoulders slump a bit; relaxing them. “What’s wrong there stud?” she asked.
“Oh nothing” he replied. She gave him a look, “what?”
“You’re acting like a girl”
“Am not!” he protested.
“Are too.”
Their bickering lasted for a bit before they fell back into a silence. He looked at her and she couldn’t help but notice a tint in his eyes that wasn’t there before. They seemed…enchanted and raw and real. The big blue orbs that scanned her face made her feel small. She felt the blush on her cheeks and the blush on his didn’t go unnoticed.
They sat in silence before she finally stood up from the bed. “Come on. Let’s get out of here. You know the thing we were supposed to do about three hours ago?”
They walked into the hallways and were greeted by the cat calls and cheers from his teammates. Steven’s face reddened as McKenna just laughed and ignored. “So what’s next?” Steven asked.
“I think this is the part where I get into a cab and you never see me again.” she replied while hauling one down.
“What if I don’t like that part.”
“Well then do something about it,” she challenged with a smirk. He slipped a piece of paper into her hand.
“I will need my clothes back…” he stated. She shook her head as the cab honked. She kissed him lightly as she slipped into the car.
“Goodbye Mr. Stamkos.” she said.
“See you later.” he replied; turning around and stepping with a little swagger back into the hotel.
This wasn’t the last time they would meet; he would make sure of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
some asked if i was going to continue, and i really wasn't, but when inspiration hits it hits :)

((this is most likely the finale chapter though so don't hold your breathe for another one...but time can only tell ;) ))