Fall on Me

Make Them Jealous

"Too much!" Lucas groaned as we made our seventh lap around the track.

Sam and I smiled, we were doing fine. We were both track kids.

The others, however, were not.

"You can do it, Lou. We're halfway done." I said.

He groaned again, slowing down even more.

I turned around and ran backwards. "Guys, come on, you can do this. I know you can! What's it gonna take to get you to keep going?"

"For you to turn back around. Your ass is the only thing keeping me going." Marcus said.

I smacked his arm.

"I'm kidding." He laughed. "It does help though."

I laughed and turned around, smacked my butt, and took off sprinting.

Sam caught up with me easily.

"Sorry about that. Marcus is a perv." He said.

I shrugged. "I don't mind. It's actually pretty funny."

"So, you did track at your old school?" Sam asked.

I nodded. "Yep. I ran the 4x100 hurdles and 1x1600."

"Nice." Sam said.

We ran in silence, clearing four more laps before taking a break.

We caught up with the guys who were walking at this point.

Lou was holding is side and wheezing.

"Hands on your head, deep breath." I told him.

He followed my orders.

"How can you do this?" Cole said.

I shrugged. "It's just easy for me."

"How is it easy?" He asked.

"Years of running from the cops. I robbed a few banks back in New York. Stole some diamonds from a jewelry store." I laughed.

"Is that why you moved here?" Sam asked. "You're on the lamb?"

I smiled. "Exactly."

"Criminal." Marcus laughed.

I heard Mr Bowker blow his whistle, signaling that it was time to head inside and get dressed.

This time, Lucas was more than willing to run. He wanted nothing more than to get out of gym.

I laughed and we jogged inside.

I went into the locker room and opened my locker.

I got dressed and put Sam's clothes in my locker. I shut it and locked it.

When I turned around, Violet was standing there.

"Jesus." I jumped slightly.

"What do you want, Violet?" I asked.

"He's a heartbreaker. Just so you know." She said.

I squinted. "I'm sorry?"

"Sam. He's a jerk." She walked away without another word.

"Okayyy." I muttered and slung my purse over my shoulder and walked into the hallway.

Sam was waiting for me. "One more class."

I sighed in relief. "It's almost over. Thank God."

We walked into pre-calc together and took seats at the back of the room.

I also found out that Mr Bowker taught not only gym, but advanced math classes as well.

The class passed in a blur. We were studying things I'd already done back in New York.

I was about to pass out when Sam nudged me.

I glared at him.

"Trust me, you don't want to sleep in his class." He whispered.

"Thanks." I said and shook my head to wake myself up.

I pulled out my cell phone and texted my mom. "Don't worry about picking me up. I'm gonna hang out with some of the friends I made and maybe go for a walk."

She replied a minute later. "Okay, honey. Have fun."

"Yay." I whispered to myself.

"What?" Sam asked.

"I'm free for tonight." I smiled.

"Good, because you're going to hang out with me because I have nothing to do." He said, not giving me a choice.

I laughed. "I dunno. I have a lot of people who want to hang out with me."

"Oh yeah. I forgot you're going to hang out with your new best friend, Violet." He smiled.

"Totes." I flipped my hair like I'd seen Violet do at least 100 times.

The bell rang and we gathered our books.

"You want me to open your locker again?" Sam offered.

"Please?" I said.

Sam opened my locker and waited for me to exchange my books for my Prada bag.

I shut the door and then followed Sam to his locker, praying that there wouldn't be another note.

There was, however. The same thing that was there at lunch.

"Not again." Sam muttered.

I grabbed the note and threw it in the trash can. "Fucking bullshit."

I took off down the hall looking for Dirk and his jocks.

I spotted him at the opposite end of the hall, next to Violet's locker.

He smirked when he saw me walking up. I smirked when I saw his scarred cheek.

"Find your little buddy's note?" He asked.

I slapped him across the face hard. "I told you not to fuck with Sam."

He grabbed my arm the same way he had before.

Before he could open his mouth to speak, I slapped him again.

His hand moved to my throat, it wasn't tight, but it was there.

I grabbed a handful of his hair and ripped.

He let go and held the spot on his head where the hair was missing.

"I'll reiterate since apparently you were too dim to comprehend it the first time. Do not fuck with me or Sam." I rolled his hair into a ball and tucked it into the pocket of his varsity jacket. "Do you understand now, Dirk?"

"I'll make your life a living hell." He threatened.

"Haha. Have fun with that. Dicks like you don't bother me anymore. And I would say I would make your life miserable, but look who you're dating." I strutted away, the entire hallway was silent and everyone was staring at me.

I walked up to Sam and he draped his arm around my shoulders. "You can't keep fighting my battles."

"Well, shit got personal. So they're my battles too." I said and wrapped my arm around his waist.

He leaned down and whispered, "Everyone's so jealous right now."

I looked around and giggled. It was true. Girls were jealous of me, guys were jealous of Sam. It was like a dream.

"Let's make them more jealous." I whispered and kissed him.

After a few seconds, Sam pulled away.

"Everyone's going to hate you." He said.

I smiled. "Good."