Fall on Me

New Student

"Aribella!" My mother called up the stairs.

"Just a second, Mom!" I called as I finished applying my black eyeliner.

I fluffed my straight blonde, "scene" hair and walked out of my bathroom.

I grabbed my bookbag off of the floor and slung it over my shoulder with a grunt. Time to report to Vermillion Public High School, my own personal hell.

I was a big city girl, dammit. I belonged at my old private school in New York City, where all of my friends were.

But no, my dad's job got transferred and we had to pack up and move our perfect little family to Vermillion, South fucking Dakota. Now I would be started my junior year as the new kid, not my idea of fun.

My phone beeped as I walked down the stairs. I pulled it out of my pocket and opened the text message, it was from my boyfriend, Josh. It was a picture of him, my best friend Cailyn, her boyfriend Mark, and Mark's brother Damien.

I smiled and immediately set the picture as my wallpaper. That would be the only thing to get me through today, and the rest of the year.

When I appeared in the kitchen my mother sighed and looked at my outfit. "Really, Aribella? That? On the first day?"

I looked down, examining my purple tights, short black skirt, Taking Back Sunday t-shirt and scuffed motorcycle boots. "What? I toned it down for today."

She shook her head. "Whatever. Get in the car, you're not going to be late on the first day."

"Why?" I scoffed. "It's not like I want to be here anyway."

I got in the car anyway, knowing that fighting was pointless and far too tiring.

My mother drove me to school and walked me into the front office.

"Hello, hello!" The secretary smiled. "How may I help you?"

My mother siled back. "I'm here to enroll my daughter."

"Oh, you must be the one's who called!" The woman clapped.

I rolled my eyes, how can she be so cheerful at 8 a.m.?

Mom handed over my transcript papers and the receptionist entered my info into the computer and filed my papers away.

She pushed a button and something started printing.

She handed me the paper. "Here's your schedule, Ms Rose."

I faked a smile. "Thank you."

"Oh! I almost forgot!" She held her hand out, gesturing to someone behind me. "This will be your guide, the leader of out welcoming committee, Sam."

I cringed. Great, now I get some annoying preppy bitch to show me around and spend all day with me.

I stared at the floor as I turned around.

The first thing I saw was a pair of Vans, and the bottoms of black skinny jeans. I also took note of the fact that he was wearing the same Taking Back Sunday shirt as me.

I raised my eyes slowly. It was a guy. He was tall and skinny, with gorgeous brown eyes, shaggy blonde hair, and those lips...

"Hi." He smiled.

I giggled softly. "Hi."