Fall on Me

Confrontation

"Sam." I breathed and pulled out of the kiss. "I have a boyfriend."

"I'm sorry." He stood up and played with the zipper on his hoodie nervously.

"To be completely honest, I think he's cheating on me." I said suddenly. "I mean, why wouldn't he? Our relationship was never that good when we were actually together, and now we live half way across the country from each other. Right now, it wouldn't surprise me if he has his tongue down another girl's throat."

I didn't notice the tears that had started rolling down my cheeks until Sam took my face in his hands and wiped them from my cheeks. "Don't cry. Please. I hate it when girls cry."

"I put so much into the relationship. But he never did. He was just, there. But never when I needed him. When I was sad or upset, he was never there. But as soon as he wanted sex, the phone would ring." I said.

Sam frowned. "He doesn't deserve you."

"But god knows I wanted him." I sniffled.

He kissed my forehead then looked me in the eyes. "Listen, it doesn't matter. He doesn't matter. He's out of your life. New town, new start. You don't have to deal with that anymore."

I sniffled again. "You're right."

He smiled. "I know."

I giggled and hugged him tightly. "Thank you for making me feel better."

"Anytime. Anytime." He whispered and held me tight.

"Sam, I appreciate the hugs, but I can't breathe right now." I whispered.

He chuckled and let go. "Sorry."

"It's okay." I giggled.

"We should probably get back to school." He said when he looked at the clock.

He was right, we only had 10 minutes til our next class started.

"I'm guessing you don't have any gym clothes, do you?" Sam asked.

I shook my head. "Nope."

"I'll let you borrow some shorts and a t-shirt." He said and ran to his room.

He came back a few minutes later with a pair of black basketball shorts and a red Vermillion High School t-shirt. "It'll probably be big on you but at least you won't have to skip out on the first day."

"Thanks." I said and folded the clothes into my purse.

Sam pulled me out to the car and we drove back to school, barely making it to class before the bell rang.

"Close call, guys." Mr Bowker, the gym teacher said.

I laughed. "Sorry. Sam was just showing me around."

Mr Bowker nodded. "I'm assuming you won't be dressing today."

"Oh, no. I actually have some clothes." I said.

He looked surprised. "Well, great."

He finished taking attendance and assigned me a locker.

I changed without really talking to any of the other girls in the locker room.

After I put on Sam's clothes, I used a hairtie to tighten the shirt and then walked back into the gym.

I looked for Sam and saw him talking with a group of guys.

I walked over nervously and Sam pulled me into the circle.

"Guys, this is my friend Aribella. She just moved here." He said.

The boys smiled.

"Aribella, this is Cole, Lucas, and Marcus." He said.

Cole was really tall with dark wavy hair and a sweet smile. Lucas was only a few inches taller than me with blonde hair. And Marcus was about the same height as Sam with swoopy blonde hair.

"Hi." I smiled sweetly.

I heard a burst of shrill laughter and looked at where it was coming from.

It was Violet, the slut from my English class, with a group of her friends. They were undoubtedly mocking me.

I rolled my eyes are turned my attention back to the guys.

"Already have an enemy, huh?" Lucas asked.

I laughed. "Yeah, kind of."

"More than one." Sam said. "Violet and her clones, as well as Dirk, Kyle, Mark, and Phillip."

"Are you trying to make friends and failing epically?" Marcus joked.

"Nope. I'm just setting up my new group of haters." I giggled.

The boys laughed.

"It's probably not in your best interest to make enemies with Violet." Cole said. "She's a little bit psycho."

"She probably doesn't like the fact that you're hanging around Sam either." Lucas pointed out.

I looked up at Sam. "What does he mean by that?"

"Violet's my ex. And Cole's right, she's a psycho." He said.

I bit my lip. Now I know why she immediately hated me.

"Ugh. I hate jealous bitches." I groaned.

"You can take her." Sam smiled and turned to the guys. "She's the only who scratched Dirk's face."

The guys high-fived me. "Way to go, new girl!"

I was smiling and getting along really well with the guys who were in Sam's band when I saw Violet march over to our group.

"Oh joy." I said and turned toward her.

"Aribella, right?" Violet asked.

I nodded. "Yes. Why?"

"You hurt my boyfriend." She said.

"Dirk? He's your boyfriend?" I asked.

She nodded once.

I laughed. "You went from this," I gestured to Sam. "To Dirk?"

Her jaw dropped.

"No wonder you're such a bitch." I laughed again.

She stared me down, or at least tried.

I took a step closer. "Honey, you won't win at this."

She scoffed. "Did I invite you to my barbeque?"

I squinted. "Uh, no."

"Then why are you all up in my grill?" She smirked.

Her clones laughed.

I looked at the guys, "Is this bitch serious?"

They nodded.

I smirked. "Well, Violet. Are you a calendar?"

"No." She said.

"Well your days are numbered." I smiled smugly.

Her jaw dropped, I'd rendered her speechless.

One of the clones grabbed her arm and tugged her away.

I turned back to the boys and they grinned.

"What?" I laughed.

"You. Are. Amazing." Marcus laughed.

"Thanks." I smiled. I was so happy, for the first time in my life, I had a group where I could be myself and I actually fit in.

Who knew this would happen in Vermillion, South Dakota?

But then again, who would know I would be falling so hard for Sam Miller?