Sequel: Love in Lights
Status: Active :)

Love in Music

But She's So Afraid of Falling In Love

“I was caught in a place far away from the light, what I saw I couldn't face so I closed my eyes.”

“Don’t sing too loudly, someone might hear it.” I glanced up in surprise at Frankie.

“We’re in our hotel room. Who do you think is going to hear it?” I asked her incredulous.

“I don’t know! Maybe there are cameras somewhere. It’s our secret song and we have to protect it.”

“You are just ridiculous.” I laughed at her before turning away from my mirror and looking at her properly. “How do I look?

“Absolutely stunning.” She replied instantly as her eyes looked over my short black dress with straps that crossed in front of my throat. She moved forward and pulled it up slightly around my breasts.

“It’s not too much is it?” I asked her nervously, fiddling with the gold earrings hanging from my ears. She shook her head at me instantly.

“Perfect for going clubbing. And I’m sure Louis is going to love that you wore that to his birthday party.” My eyes instantly narrowed in on her.

“What does that mean?” I asked quickly.

“Nothing what so ever. You are the one getting defensive every time us girls bring up you and Louis.” She giggled before walking out of the room.

“That’s because you all keep bringing it up.” I whined at her before grabbing my heels and clutch and moving out of my room.

I took a breath of relief when the girls were all similarly dressed as me. Lucinda looking the best with her dark red dress which accentuated all her curves.

“I’m so glad you’re wearing heels.” She squealed at me the moment I appeared in her vision. I groaned and looked down at them wearily. We had been practicing with them but I wasn’t sure my first trial with them should be while dancing.

“This is going to end badly.” I told her confidently, she rolled her eyes at me before throwing her lipstick in my direction. I dropped my heels in order to catch it.

“Red lips will really make your outfit work.” She told me as I laughed but took her advice, borrowing her small mirror to apply it.

“Okay everyone ready because the car is here.” Gracie announced as she slid her own heels on. I sighed before bending down to put mine on less gracefully then the other girls.

I was confident enough to walk in them but I wasn’t sure how long I could last let alone all night.

The club was packed when we arrived. I hesitated slightly as Frankie headed straight for the front, passing the line and said our names to the bouncer. We were let in instantly. I glanced around the moment we walked in.

Since I only just turned 18 before leaving home I hadn’t really been out a lot in my short time being 18. The atmosphere was all still pretty new for me and a tad overwhelming.

“Hey you girls are finally here! And you all look absolutely beautiful.” Harry’s voice pulled my attention away from everyone else.

“No matter how many compliments you pay us Styles, none of us are going home with you tonight.” Frankie teased him instantly but still accepted the kiss on the cheek before he began pouting and leading us to where everyone else was.

“Boobear!” Harry called out as we neared a group of people. “I bought you a present.” Before I could react Harry’s hand had grabbed mine and pushed me towards Louis. My foot slipped slightly as I fell forward against Louis, his grip tightening around my shoulders to keep me up.

“Harry!” I heard Kate scold as I quickly stepped back from a surprised Louis. My cheeks flushed with the intentions of Harry’s words.

“You’re all here, that’s great!” Louis smiled largely, ignoring Harry and focusing on all five of us girls. I flushed slightly as I took in Louis appearance. He looked amazing with his button up top and incredibly tight jeans. His hair was styled perfectly although I think I preferred the messy look he went with when he didn’t care. When there was no product in his hair at all.

“Well don’t I get a happy birthday.” I snapped out of my trance after I realised all the other girls had already greeted Louis and I was just staring. I flushed darkly before leaning forward into his already outstretched hands.

“Happy Early Birthday Louis.” I said, wrapping my arms around his neck as his own wrapped around my waist. He laughed and goose bumps rose behind my ear where his breath touched.

“I’m not a big fan of those heels love. You’re almost taller than me.” Louis teased after pulling away. I glanced down before shrugging at him.

“Not my fault you’re just a little short.” I teased him back as his eyes darkened considerably.

“We’re going to grab a drink Belle. Coming?” Frankie called as I nodded and began to move away from Louis before his hand caught mine and he pulled me back by his side, head shaking at me. I looked at him confused as a smirk slid across his face before his attention was pulled by a guy standing next to him.

His hand dropped mine but rose to stay on my lower back, guiding me closer to him. I glanced towards the girls who all had grins that I really wished I could slap off.

“I’ll get you one.” Kate said as Lucinda blew me a kiss before disappearing. I sighed and glanced back towards Louis and the guy he was talking to. I had no idea who he was.

“Belle!” I turned at my name and say Perrie approaching me. I sighed in relief about knowing someone. She pulled me away from Louis hand and into her hug. The moment I stepped back Louis hand was placed straight on my back, he never left his conversation though. I could feel Perrie eyeing his hand for a moment before thankfully deciding to ignore it.

“Where are the other girls?” She asked glancing around as I pointed towards the bar.

“Do you want to come meet the rest of Little Mix?” She asked me as I nodded excitedly at her.

“Where are you going?” Louis pouted, suddenly entering our conversation, I noticed the other guy had disappeared.

“I’m stealing your girl to meet my girls.” Perrie explained wrapping her hand around mine. I opened my mouth to protest against being Louis’ girl. Before I could Louis just nodded and flashed me a smile before pulling his hand away and heading over to what I presumed were other people he knew. I gaped after him for a moment ignoring the coldness that now clouded my back where his warm hand had been.

“Exactly how drunk is Louis?” I asked suddenly, wanting any reason for his weird behavior. Perrie glanced towards Louis before shrugging.

“Trust me love, when Louis is drunk you will know.” I laughed at her before she pulled me through strange drunken people. We ended up finding the other girls along the way and a drink was thrust into my hand before Perrie introduced us to the rest of the girls.

Jade, Leigh-Anne and Jesy were just as easy going and welcoming as Perrie was and instantly fell into conversation with all of us.

“How did the songwriting go the other day?” Perrie asked me.

“Great! We’ve had two more meetings since and we’re all pretty confident in it being our first single. We just have to play it for Simon when we get back.” She looked at me confused for a moment.

“Get back?”

“We’re all going home soon for Christmas. I leave tomorrow and the other girls leave the next day well except for Kate.” Perrie nodded in understanding.

“I’m sure the song is amazing!” Perrie said smiling happily at me.

“It is.” Louis voice interrupted our conversation as he and Zayn joined us.

“You haven’t even heard it.” I told him, furrowing my eyebrows at him.

“How do you know?” He waggled his eyebrows at me, stepping closer to my side so his hip knocked mine. I glanced at him curiously as he continued to watch me.

“How drunk are you?” I asked curiously while he rolled his eyes.

“You are not nearly drunk enough. We should get you a drink.” He wrapped an arm around my waist and tugged me towards the bar as I glanced back helplessly towards Perrie and Zayn. Zayn whispered something in Perrie’s ear, she nodded in response before winking at me. I sighed, accepting that she wasn’t going to help me and fell into step beside Louis before he pulled me into people.

Louis ordered four shots and I sighed, really hoping that it wasn’t just for us.

“You know I’ve only been 18 for a month. I don’t really have a high tolerance for alcohol.” I told him over the loud thumping music. He eyed me for a moment before ordering another drink with the shots.

“So you’re saying that you never drunk before turning 18?” He yelled back at me, eyebrows raised, clearly not believing what I had said.

“Fine maybe a couple of times.” I sighed to him. It wasn’t uncommon. Most kids started drinking earlier then the legal age. I’m assuming it happened everywhere, apparently us kids found it cool. Who knew why really did it?

“When was your first drink?” Louis asked smirking.

“16.” I answered instantly before taking one of the shots and swallowing it. It burned slightly but it wasn’t that bad. Louis smirked before pushing another shot towards me and taking his own. I rolled my eyes and took another one before placing the glass back on the bar and grabbing the fruity drink that Louis had ordered to take away the bad taste.

“I wasn’t lying about low tolerance for alcohol. I’m horrible at getting drunk quickly.” I told him seriously already feeling the fuzziness in my brain, his eyes practically lit up like a Christmas tree with that knowledge.

“You shouldn’t tell people that my dear. Someone might decide to take advantage of you.” He teased me slightly, moving closer towards me, eyes never leaving mine. I bit my lip as my stomach moved uncomfortably.

“Are you planning on taking advantage of me?” I retorted, blaming the obvious flirting hint behind the sentence because of the alcohol. Even though I was pretty sure it hadn’t hit me that much yet.

Louis decided not to reply but rather ordered us more shots. I laughed at him but accepted them anyway.

Before the end of the night I had become drunk enough that I knew what I was doing but had no reason against anything. I spent most of the night with Louis by my side, pretty sure I was getting drunk from the smell of him clouding my senses as well as the alcohol he continuously bought for me.

His arm remained constantly around me and as the night wore on it was an arm I needed to lean on. Not that Louis was doing much better in standing up right.

“Come on miss, it’s time to get you home.” Lucinda appeared by my side and grabbed onto my hand. I instantly pouted at her and pulled away, moving closer to Louis.

“I don’t wanna.” I whined embarrassingly. She rolled her eyes and pointed towards my feet as I looked down in confusion.

“You lost your shoes like an hour ago. I think it’s time we went home.” She laughed at me as my eyes widened. I had thought my feet had started to feel better, I hadn’t realised I had taken the shoes off.

“We should find my shoes.” I said instantly. Eyes searching around the bar hoping to find them.

“Frankie’s got them. Now come on.” Luce said grabbing onto my hand again. I nodded obediently and stepped away from Louis who instantly pulled me back.

“No.” He whispered into my ear, head burying in my neck as his arms wrapped warmly around my waist. “Can’t I keep you? I’ll take you home. My family would love you.”

I giggled at Louis’ words before pulling back and staring directly into his eyes. I could see his eyes switching from my own to my lips and I couldn’t help but do the same to his. I wasn’t afraid of what he was hinting at, I was pretty sure that was because of the alcohol but right now I was okay with that. If Louis kissed me, there was going to be a good chance that I was going to kiss him back.

“Nope! Neither of you are doing that drunk.” Lucinda’s voice cut through us and I stumbled backwards out of Louis grip as she began to pull me away. Louis moved forward but Zayn blocked his way.

“What did you do that for?” I pouted towards Lucinda who shook her head at me.

“You are going to regret this night in the morning.” She groaned before we met up with the girls at the door and Frankie coaxed the painful heels back on my reddened feet. I frowned at her but let them all lead me out towards the waiting car. Frankie was leaning heavily on me as I on her and Gracie was almost asleep the moment we got into the car. I was glad that I wasn’t the only one fairly drunk in our group.

-

“I cannot believe I drunk last night. Like who the hell goes on a plane hungover.” I groaned to the girls as I pulled my packed suitcase through the terminal of the airport.

“The plane ride will be over sooner then you think.” Kate tried to lighten my mood. I shot her a glare.

“It lasts for 28 hours.” She frowned instantly at me and rubbed my back soothingly.

“I am going to be sick the whole way.” I continued to complain. “Why didn’t you guys stop me from drinking so much.”

“Hey I was too busy stopping you from doing something else you might regret.” Lucinda replied loftily as I glared at her through my sunglasses. Not really that effective.

“We are not even going to talk about that.” I hissed towards her.

“Ever?” Frankie added, grinning.

“Never.” I said sternly as we passed through airport security to the point that the girls couldn’t follow. We all turned silent suddenly and stared at each other.

“Do you really have to go?” Gracie asked suddenly as I frowned and nodded at her.

“Gonna miss you girls so much.” I said quickly before pulling Kate in for a hug and a kiss before moving onto the rest. By the time my plane was being called we all had tears.

“This is stupid, we are going to see each other in two weeks!” Frankie whined but still wiped away a stray tear. I laughed at her softly. I had come so close to these girls and accustomed to living with them I knew it was going to take me awhile to readjust to home life.

“We will Skype all the time don’t worry.” Lucinda assured her, wrapping an arm around her.

“Now if you will excuse me girls. While you continue enjoying this horrible cold weather I shall head back home to a nice hot Australian summer.” I teased, trying to lighten up the mood. They laughed and I received more hugs and ‘Love you’ before I moved towards the gate.

I found my seat on the plane easily and shrugged off my large coat, one good thing about being back home other than seeing my family was it was going to be summer. A thought that I was ecstatic about.

I grabbed my phone and began to follow the instructions to turn it off before I saw a message sitting there from Louis

Have a safe flight xxx

I read the message a few times before biting my lip and turning my phone off. I would deal with the meaning of the ‘xxx’ when I was sure that I wasn’t about to vomit at any given moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think we all know where the title song is from :D

How are you all liking Louis and Belle's relationship??