Sequel: Love in Lights
Status: Active :)

Love in Music

Picture Perfect All Around US

Merry Christmas Belle xx ”

My eyes blurrily stared at the phone for a moment as I checked the time. It was 7 am here, which meant it was still Christmas Eve for Louis.

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!” I groaned as a body was thrown on top of mine and an elbow dug deeply below one of my ribs.

“How old are you?” I grumbled annoyed at Annalisa and pushed her off me so she was lying next to me.

“Apparently 5! Now come on we have heaps of presents to unwrap so we have to start now.” She chatted excitedly, too excited for this time of morning as I pushed her happy face from mine. She pouted at me as I glanced back at my phone.

“Stop texting and let’s go! I’m getting Mum and Dad and you better be in that living room when I get them out there.” She warned sternly in a voice that slightly scared me before rushing out of the room. I watched her go fondly. Despite my actions I was only pretending to be annoyed at her. I had missed her more than I thought. I had missed my whole home more than I thought.

My parents had been surprisingly warm since I had arrived home. Even coming to collect me from the airport, something I hadn’t expected them to do. I had been doted on and was asked for pictures and stories from being away. I certainly wasn’t complaining. If my parents were happy for me then it was definitely something I was going to cherish.

I frowned when my eyes turned back to Louis’ message. I had been back home for three days now and the whole time I had been texting Louis a lot. My phone bill was going to be a nightmare this month. I had thought by now the texts would stop but if anything they had become more common. Texting almost constantly even when I knew that it would be an ungodly hour for Louis to be texting, he still replied.

It’s not even Christmas for you yet :P

I pushed my phone to the side and rolled out of bed pulling my shorts over top of my undies before my phone buzzed again.

I know but it is for you n its rude not to send the christmas cheer back

A smile worked its way across my face at his message before my fingers quickly tapped out the next message.

I will… in two hours ;D

“BELLY!”

I cringed at the shrill in my sisters voice before quickly exiting my room and making my way towards the tinsel decorated stairs and down to the living room below that had looked like Santa’s workshop itself had exploded. The tree was large and green with every bauble that could be squeezed onto it and bright lights that now sat lifeless around the tree. The walls and windows were decorated with tinsel and every available surface had Christmas candles, statues, tinsel and every other Christmas decorations that Annalisa could buy from the store. This was definitely her favourite time of year.

“Merry Christmas.” I greeted both my tired looking parents with a kiss on the cheek. They were both already dressed for the day. I tried not to roll my eyes at the fact that they couldn’t just wear their pajamas for a couple more hours than usual.

“Well dig in.” My father waved wearily at the large amount of presents sitting under the tree as Lisa squealed and began pulling out present after present tossing it to each of us if it wasn’t her own. I shook my head at her eagerness before contenting myself to the pile in front of me constantly thanking my parents and Lisa for each present I got.

Almost as soon as the presents were done Lisa and I were instructed by Mum to hurry up and get ready before the rest of the family came over. It was a normal family tradition. Every year my parents had both of their families come over. Every Aunt, Uncle, Cousin, Second Cousin, Grandparents and even my Uncle Craig’s dog Bruce was allowed over. That was the way my Christmas had gone my whole life. It was a tradition that I never wanted to change.

Merry Christmas! I texted Louis quickly before jumping in the shower and getting ready for the day ahead.

By the time I was done my family had already begun to arrive and I happily greeted them all. I allowed the doting and constant question about my time overseas. Even letting my smaller cousins look at photos of the boys and ask me constant questions.

“Are they that hot in real life?” One of my younger cousins Taylor asked me grinning widely. She was ten and obviously just discovering that boys no longer had cooties.

“Even hotter.” I indulged her as a large smile slipped across her face; she leant closer at my phone to get a better look. She squealed suddenly when my phone vibrated and Louis’ name flashed across the screen. I pulled the phone away from her fingers before she could grab it. I poked my tongue at her pout before quickly leaving to another empty room in my now loud and full house.

“Hello?” I said softly through the phone.

“Merry Christmas Belle.” Louis said softly through the phone. I didn’t stop the smile that lifted my cheeks.

“You’ve already said that.” I reminded him.

“No, I texted you that, that was the first time I said it.” He pointed out annoyingly. I noted the uncommon softness of his voice; normally he was just loud and uncaring about who heard. I realised that it would only be roughly 3 am for him.

“What time is it there? You should be sleeping Lou?” The nickname slipped off my tongue before I could stop it and I was glad he couldn’t see the blush that lit my cheeks. I was also glad when he decided not to point out the nickname.

“I’m fine, I just wanted to call you before I went to bed.” He responded easily his voice rising a bit higher and I assumed he was a safe distance away from waking anyone up. “What are you doing?”

“Just finished lunch with my whole family and everyone’s just kind of talking now. Probably go down to the beach soon, it’s really hot today.” I told him falling down onto the closest couch to me while eyeing the door to make sure no one was coming in.

“Did you want me to go so you can be with your family?” Louis asked quickly as I made a noise of protest. I could practically hear the smile in his voice when he continued. “Okay, well it’s bloody freezing here. Although I am standing outside without shoes on.”

“Louis!” I scolded instantly. “Don’t be daft and put some shoes on!”

“Daft hey? I don’t think that’s Australian slang.”

“Oh shush you and go get shoes before you catch a cold.” I reprimanded him as a pout settled on my lips. Not that he could see.

“All right, all right. Honestly I don’t know why I like you, you’re worse then my mother.” I stayed quiet as my cheeks burned at his words. Obviously he meant ‘like’ as a friend and not what I was thinking.

“Belle? Belle you there?” Louis asked suddenly as I nodded before realizing he couldn’t see and instead voiced my confirmation. I glanced up at a noise at the door to see one of my older cousin Benjamin making surfing motions with his hand. I tried not to laugh too loud at the silly moves he was doing while I nodded and waved him away with my hand.

“Louis I have to go. My cousins are bugging me to go surfing.” I told him, smiling as my cousin stayed standing at the door, waving his hand around while pretending to balance on a board. I threw the closest cushion I could find at him.

“Wait you can surf?” Louis voice suddenly came through the phone, surprised. I laughed at him easily.

“Even though I hate playing up to Australian stereotypes, yeah I can surf. I have been able to since I could swim basically.” I enlightened him as my eyes narrowed in on my cousin pursing his lips together and blowing me kisses before pointing at my phone. I flipped him off.

“That is just well unexpected and amazing.” I furrowed my eyebrows at Louis’ comment. “I cannot believe you surf. We have to go surfing together.”

“Sure Louis.” I said slowly not understanding what he was so happy about. “But I really have to go.”

“Right yeah sorry. Bye Belle, I’ll talk to you soon yeah?” I faltered as I heard the doubt in his voice towards the end.

“Of course.” I said as happily as I could. “Bye Louis. Have a good Christmas.”

I moved the phone away from my ear and pressed end before turning to Ben.

“Is that your boyfriend?” He winked at me before batting his eyelashes.

“You’re a tosser you know that.” I glared at him before climbing off the couch and moving towards him. I flicked him behind the ear before grinning evilly and taking off through the living room and out the back door sprinting the few steps to the shed we had behind the house. I could hear my cousins following behind me as I grabbed my usual board, already ready for the day, as I knew we would end up surfing. We always did.

“Be careful! And don’t go near the rocks!” I could hear my Aunt’s voice call out as my Uncle’s miniature foxy Bruce came flying out of the house to join us. I laughed as he chased us out the back fence directly onto the sand. I paused for a moment enjoying the look of the clear blue sky as the sun beat down on us all.

“Mum will kill us if we don’t wear sun screen.” Lisa threw a bottle at me as I stripped my clothes off so I was just standing in my blue floral bikinis. I quickly applied the lotion before grabbing my bored and beating the others out into the water. I jumped in, body already situated on top of the board as I let the cold water slip over my head. My body froze slightly from the ice-cold pressure surrounding me before I surfaced and paddled out further.

“Missed this?” Another cousin Lina called from the left of me as Ben arrived on the right.

“Definitely!” I called back happily, allowing my fingers to skim across the water as I sat up on my board, my long hair dripping water around me.

“Perfect day I believe.” Ben said leaning backwards and facing his tanned face towards the sun. I laughed at how typically clichéd Australia it was right now. But I didn’t care. Sometimes Australia was like this, with sunny beaches and clear blue skies. Surfers populating the beaches filled with tanned people. But sometimes it wasn’t. Sometimes it was cold, and wet and you didn’t see the sun for two weeks. But I couldn’t blame people for seeing the beauty in the days like this and this being the only thing they remember when the leave. It’s too beautiful and magical to ever forget. It’s a true Australian summer and I’ve never felt better then when the sun beats down on my skin.

“I call first.” I announced suddenly as Ben groaned and Lina laughed at me as I instantly pushed forward towards the wave coming. A smile lit up my features as I ran through the motions like second nature as the exhilaration flooded through my body even the nerves that filled my stomach couldn’t hold me back, instead helped me forward, I pushed up and gained my balance using my weight to fly through the water.

I didn’t last long before I crashed and tumbled into the water. My head broke through the surface as Ben and Lina’s laughter filled my ears. I huffed at them both before climbing back onto my board.

“Hey I haven’t surfed in ages!” I whined at them both.

“It’s been a month Annabelle!” My father’s voice boomed from behind me as I turned around to see him and my Uncle Craig paddled out to us. I grinned widely at my father. It had been a long time since I had been out here with him.

“You go on then, old man.” I teased as he shot me a surprised look before paddling out towards the next wave, determination on his features.

“You’re Granddad’s watching so he’s going to show off.” My Uncle Craig commented. I glanced back to the beach where my whole family had come out, some swimming in the water the others playing on the sand. My younger cousins were grabbing a football and setting up a game of rugby.

“We missed you this last month Belle. Especially your parents.” My Uncle Craig’s voice broke through my trance. I smiled at him widely.

“I missed you all too.” I said earnestly.

“Don’t know how they are going to last with you going away again and for longer this time. You know I think it’s the main reason they both want you to go to Law school because then you will stay here and be with them.” He told me as I watched my father complete his tricks with ease before paddling over.

“They have to let me go eventually.” I said uneasily as I bit my lip tasting the salt from the ocean.

“You’re their first daughter, their baby girl. They’re never going to let you go so easily. They love you, you just have to remember that when they are being difficult.” He said to me softly then paddled away and high fiving my Dad before claiming the next wave after Ben.

“How did I do?” My Dad asked smirking in front of me. I rolled my eyes at him fishing for a compliment.

“Alright, but I know I can do better.” I teased as his eyes lit up with the challenge.

I enjoyed being back here more than anything. But I still loved singing so when the time came in a week and a half I would head back to London. But for now I would enjoy everything here as long as I could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Title - Shout It Out by Reece Mastin.

Couldn't help but put in a description of Australia in the chapter! :D

Hope you enjoyed it!