Sequel: Love in Lights
Status: Active :)

Love in Music

Everybody Knows I’m Hung Up On You

Everybody Knows I’m Hung Up On You – Hung Up Hot Chelle Rae

“Missed you guys!” I sighed falling down onto the couch next to Gracie and let my head fall onto her shoulder. “I can’t believe Kate ditched me to hang with Liam though.”

“She did say she would try to make it back in time.” Gracie tried to comfort me as I smiled up at her softly before a yawn escaped my mouth. I was jet lagged. Again. I felt like I had just gotten used to the Australian time zone before I was thrown back into London’s.

“I’m glad that they’re together though, on a date.” Luce said handing us both a cup of coffee while Frankie walked out with theirs.

“But is it actually a date? Those two a weird, they hang out but I don’t think anything is actually happening.” Frankie commented as I sipped my coffee and felt the warm liquid flush through my body.

“You going to go on that date with Louis?” My head shot up as I stared at them both.

“Your phone was open on the message before when you went to the toilet.” Lucinda said sheepishly. I glared at them both before sighing and resting my head back on Gracie; I was too desperate for advice to bother getting angry at either of them. Louis had texted me this morning when I had arrived back asking me to go to dinner with him. He hadn’t specifically said that it was a date and I was too confused about what I wanted it to be.

“I haven’t replied to him yet.” I told them quietly.

“Annabelle!” Gracie scolded me. I sat up properly and cradled my mug in my hand.

“I don’t know what to do! Do you think it’s actually a date?”

“Of course it is! He’s asking you to dinner. Just you two and you said that you both have been texting each other the whole two weeks you were gone. What do you think he was leading too?” Frankie said loudly and quickly, exasperation lacing her voice.

“A close friendship.” I replied weakly while all three glared at me.

“Do you want to go?” Luce asked me gently as I stared at my phone sitting lifelessly on the table.

“Yes, I guess so. I mean I have fun with him.”

“Then why don’t you just go and see what happens. If you don’t want it to be a date then just don’t kiss the boy at the end of the night.” Frankie shrugged and leant back on the couch. I bit my lip and traded my coffee mug for my phone, illuminating it straight to Louis message.

I’d like that I sent quickly before placing the phone in my lap. Almost too quickly it buzzed in reply.

Great, I’ll pick you up at 7.

“He’s coming at seven.” I told them, staring at my phone as a sick feeling entered my stomach.

“Great that gives us five hours to get your ready for your date.” I glanced up at Frankie sharply. “Right sorry, not a date. Whatever let’s just get you ready.”

-

“Hey! You look great.” Warm arms wrapped around my waist pulling me forward. My eyes widened as I slightly leant into Louis embrace before pulling back. He looked amazing, like usual.

“Are you ready to go?” He asked smiling at me, eyes practically sparkling.

“Yeah, I’ll just grab my coat.” I said quickly before moving back towards the living room and grabbing my coat and wallet. Gracie waved goodbye while Kate blew me a kiss. I smiled weakly before nervously walking to the door where Louis waited patiently, smiling widely. He held his arm out to me when I reached him. A laugh fell from my lips as I stared at him incredulously. He rolled his eyes.

“Just take it.” He waved his arm for emphasis, I laughed more but complied with him.

“You got tanner.” He noted when we walked into the elevator. I glanced down at my arms and shrugged.

“I guess, I spent the last two weeks on the beach.”

“What was it like being home?” He asked me while gliding me through the lobby and towards the car park.

“Amazing. I absolutely loved it. I don’t think I realised how much I actually missed home until I left again.” I smiled happily at Louis as he held his car door open for me. I sat down onto the cold leather suits and pulled my coat tighter around myself. Louis quickly climbed into the drivers seat and turned the heater up high.

“Nice car.” I commented to Louis looking around his posh car. I was surprised to see the flush in his cheeks as he shrugged and reversed back.

“Perks of the job.” He grinned before pulling straight out into the London traffic.

“What about you? What was it like going back home for Christmas?” I asked him conversationally as he easily maneuvered through the busy streets like he had been doing it his whole life.

“It was good. I don’t get to see my sisters as often I would like so I tend to spoil them a lot.” I grinned at his words.

“I can only imagine how many presents you bough them all. You have four right?” Louis glanced to me nodding happily before focusing back on the road.

“Yeah. They’re all just amazing. And I think they deserved to be spoilt you know.”

“I think you’re a tad biased Louis. But I’m sure they are amazing girls.”

“You could meet them you know.” I looked over quickly as Louis glanced from the road to me a couple of times. “If you wanted to.”

I was surprised to hear the nervousness in Louis voice. It was something I had never heard from him. I watched amazing as his jaw muscle tightened as his fingers moved constantly on the steering wheel. He was twitchy.

“I would like that.” I smiled softly. I watched fascinated as his body relaxed slightly. “Where are you taking me?”

“What you afraid I’m going to get lost?” He smirked at me before turning into a street that was emptier then the last.

“That was one time! Honestly, you have to let me live that down.” I glared at him as his laughter filled the car before he slowed down and pulled into the nearest car park. He winked at me before turning off the engine and climbed out.

I glanced around at the dark street for a moment before sighing and getting out of the car too. I shut the door as Louis made it halfway around the car to me. He stopped in his tracks before sighing as I walked towards him.

“Come on, I swear I’m not going to murder you.” He grinned at me before crossing the road. I stuck behind him glancing around the street not sure where Louis was taking me. He turned left and slowed his steps to match mine before we came upon a small restaurant. Italian by the looks of it. I glanced at Louis surprised while he grinned and pushed the door open for me.

“I sort of planned it so it was a place out of the way of everyone. So you know we didn’t get flooded by paps.” Louis said as I walked in the door. “Not that I’m embarrassed of you or anything I just thought that tonight would be—.”

“It’s okay Louis.” I cut off his rambling quickly. “I would rather not have paparazzi either.” I smiled comfortingly as he frowned slightly before nodding and walking up and told the waiter we had a reservation. I glanced around while we walked towards our table and noticed that the only other people in the restaurant were couples. My cheeks heated up the moment Louis and I were being seated at our table. There were candles and flowers sitting on the table as well.

I hesitantly took my seat and accepted the menu off the waiter.

“I’ve never eaten here before so I’m not really sure what’s good.” Louis commented lightly while opening the menu. His eyes scanned down the page. I nodded before scanning over my own page as butterflies entered my stomach.

“Are you okay?” Louis asked suddenly interrupting my blank stare at the menu. I glanced up quickly as my eyes found his. They showed only concern. I sighed slightly and forced myself to relax in the chair. I was being silly. This was just Louis and me. I needed to think of it like that.

“Fine, just tired I suppose.” I laced a small smile with my words and Louis smiled back, happy to accept that.

“Of course. I suppose you were probably to busy over your weeks away to get proper rest.”

“Yeah well I caught up with family and some friends and let’s not forget the late night phone calls from a certain someone.” I teased him lightly before we both ordered our meals once the waiter returned.

“Sorry about the phone calls. I didn’t mean to keep you from sleep or doing anything.” Louis said suddenly, his cheeks reddening. I watched in surprise at how nervous Louis seemed tonight, I wish I had a camera to take a photo.

“It’s fine. Really I didn’t mind. I like talking to you.” I said softly my own cheeks heating up at my last words. When did I decide complimenting Louis was okay? He smirked back at me instantly.

“Good.” He grinned and winked at me. “Are you girls ready to perform your song for us.” I frowned slightly at him.

“I don’t know. I mean I guess so. We’ve been practicing a lot. But I’m still really nervous about it.”

“I can understand. Singing your first song in front of me and the rest of One Direction must be pretty scary.” Louis face conveyed all seriousness but I could see the laughter in his eyes. I rolled my own before replying.

“Please, you all are the least of my worries. I’m more worried about Simon then anything else.” I told him earning a glare in response before our meals arrived.

-

Louis and I walked in silence before we stopped in front of the door to the hotel suite.

“Thanks for paying tonight by the way.” I said softly as Louis smiled happily. “And thanks for taking me out. It was nice.”

“Just nice?” He enquired suddenly, raising an eyebrow and stepping forward. My heartbeat quickened as my mouth turned dry by his sudden movement. I eyed the door quickly before looking back at him.

“More than nice.” I said slowly before taking a step towards the door.

“No goodnight kiss?” I froze with my back to Louis as my key card slid through the door. I took a deep breath as my stomach flipped; with the pasta I had for dinner beginning to work its way back up.

I turned to him surprised to see no laughter on his face as he watched me seriously. I stepped forward and pressed a quick kiss to his cheek before wrapping my arms around his neck. His own instantly hugged my waist.

“Goodnight Louis. Safe drive home.” I whispered softly before stepping back. Louis’ expression was odd as he stared at me before I moved towards the door and stepped inside.

“Sweet dreams Belle.” He said quickly, I smiled and shut the door.

A breath of air fell from my lips as my shoulders slumped forward and my head leant against the door. I controlled my breathing and tried to regain my heartbeat under control. My stomach was still nervously fluttering but at least I didn’t feel like I was going to vomit.

“How did it go?” I glanced up surprised at a worried Frankie standing behind me. I opened my mouth but shut it again not sure what to say. “Did he hurt you? Coz I will fucking kill him if he did.

“No, no he didn’t do anything.” I said quickly as Frankie moved closer to me. “I just, fuck! Frankie.” I whined as she stared at me bemused.

“You’re going to have to finish your sentences love.” She said softly, rubbing my back.

“I’m so screwed. Like literally screwed.” I moaned to her and let her lead me to a couch. “I like him okay. I really like him. And I wanted to kiss him just then but I don’t know. This is a bad thing. This isn’t right. I mean I don’t know. I’m sure he doesn’t like me like that. But what if he does? What do I freaking do?”

Frankie stared at me wide eyed for a moment as I tried to catch my breath from all the words spilling out of my mouth.

“Okay first you need to breathe and calm down.” I took a deep breath and nodded at her to continue. “Now we are going to forget every little notion going through your head before you complicate this too much. You like him. That’s great, I think. Now I’m positive he likes you back. So how about we just sleep on that okay.” I nodded slowly at her words as she pressed a kiss to my head. My phone buzzed, distracting me.

I had a great night love.

I smile slipped across my face as I read it.

“I’m assuming that’s Louis from your smile.” I blushed lightly at Frankie’s words. She cooed and pinched my cheek.

“Come on, let’s get you to bed before you start having a panic attack by reading too much into that message. I moved to protest as Frankie stole my phone but knew there would be no point. She was right. I was over thinking this too much.

I liked Louis.

There was a pretty good chance that he liked me.

For now that would do.

-

“This is crazy I can literally see your twitter followers grow before my very eyes.” I stared down at Kate’s phone as we climbed out of the van. Kate paled slightly as she looked over my shoulder; the boys had announced her as part of our group this morning.

“What if they expect too much of me, like they think I’m really cool or something.” I laughed at her and handed her phone back.

“Kate, you are really cool.” I teased before my left leg slipped and my body moved backwards slightly. My heart dropped to my stomach before Kate reached forward to grab my hands and steady me.

“You girls okay?” Gracie asked appearing beside us as I took a deep breath from the shock that went through my system. Frankie cackled from the doorway at us.

“I really hate snow.” I growled before carefully stomping my way towards Frankie.

“We know.” She giggled. Annoyed I pushed past her into the lobby. Waving towards the receptionist, we headed straight for the elevators; Luce pressed the floor to Tony’s studio.

I was excited to continue practicing our new song together. We would have to perform it to Simon in a week so we were all working hard to make it absolutely perfect. The pressure was there but with the four other girls with me the pressure was easier to handle.

“Tony!” Frankie sang as we walked into the studio and glanced around for the young vocal trainer.

“Here.”

“Holy shit.” Gracie screeched as we all turned to see Tony and the One Direction boys standing close behind her. Tony smiled goofily at Gracie who smiled back, a blush lining her cheeks. My eyes met Frankie’s as we smirked. They were the only two who didn’t know they liked each other.

“What are you smirking about?” Louis enquired making me glance away from Frankie to Louis who had appeared in front of me. I blinked up at him for a moment before smiling widely somewhat enjoying the feeling of my heart thumping in my throat.

“Hello.” I said brightly knowing that my smile was probably too wide to be classed as normal, Louis’ smile matched my own.

“Hi.” He said simply, his smile revealing his straight teeth to me.

“Yes, now that we have the greetings out of the way.” Frankie poked my side startling me as Louis stepped back slightly. I hadn’t realised how close we had been.

“What are you boys doing here?” Luce asked, glancing away from her phone for a moment.

“We want to hear the song.” Harry smiled brightly taking a seat on the couch looking at us expectantly. I chewed my lip nervously as I stared at him. We hadn’t performed it for anyone other than Tony, Derek and Leanna. I didn’t think I was ready to perform in front of these boys yet.

“Don’t worry, we’re nice people.” Liam smiled warmly at us before taking a seat next to Harry. I exchanged a worried look with Kate.

“Unless you’re terrible, than we can be pretty mean.” Louis piped up happily. My eyes widened as I turned to slap his arm. He moved away quickly and pouted at me.

“You’re horrible!” I pouted back at him. His eyes softened and he dropped the pout before apologizing softly.

“God she’s already got him apologizing. He’s definitely gone for this one.” Zayn muttered as my cheeks turned red and Louis smacked the back of Zayn’s head.

“Shut it,” He hissed before walking over to sit on Harry’s lap, pouting as Harry’s arm wrapped around his waist comfortingly. The warmth in my cheeks wouldn’t go away as my eyes met Gracie and she shot me a sympathetic look.

“Vocal exercises first.” Tony commanded as we all instantly fell into the motions we had been taught. Kate began singing fist.

“I was caught in a place far away
From the light
What I saw
I couldn’t face
So I closed my eyes”


We all joined in with her at our appropriate parts putting in all we could. I tried to keep my eyes away from the six people staring at us intently. I just focused on how the girls around me sounded and how easy it was to be standing with them. At any time that I felt weird or unsure there would be a pressure on my shoulder or arm for comfort even quick eye contact was enough to get rid of the nerves for a little bit and just enjoy ourselves.

The boys instantly began cheering and hollering the moment we were finished. I couldn’t fight the grin that spread onto my face even as Tony told us the parts where we needed to improve. We all still listened intently but even Tony’s smile let us know that this was the best performance we had done so far.

“I can’t wait for you girls to perform this.” Jen said from the doorway, smiling at us all proudly. Luce pulled her into a hug as the boys crowded around us.

“By the way you’re up next.” Harry’s arm slung around my shoulder as I eyed him curiously.

“Up next for what?” I asked him slowly.

“To be announced as part of your group. Simon wants us to do it in two weeks.” Zayn shrugged in front of me like it was no big deal. My eyes widened as my stomach dropped, churning uncomfortably. I turned my head searching for Louis who was standing next to Gracie, smiling at me comfortingly.

“Seriously?” I asked him softly. He nodded in response moving over to knock Harry’s arm off my shoulder and pulling me against him. I went willing.

“You’ll be fine love.” He said rubbing my shoulder softly. I sighed as my brain filled with fuzziness. Being this close to Louis at least took the horror away from the world soon finding out my name.

“Did you want to grab something to eat?” Louis asked me softly, I could see everyone around us begin to disperse like they couldn’t hear what we were saying.

“I don’t now if I can eat right now.” I told him truthfully, feeling a little weak.

“That’s fine, I’m starved. You can just watch me eat.” Louis smiled brightly. I scoffed at him before being dragged out of the room. He scooped up my bag and threw it at me before we exited.

“You’re so charming.” I muttered grabbing my bag properly and slinging it over my arm. But I really wasn’t complaining about getting more time with Louis. I was actually quite happy about that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Title: Everybody Knows I’m Hung Up On You – Hung Up Hot Chelle Rae

Sorry it took such a long time for an update. I had exams and then now I'm on holidays it took a while to get back into the swing of writing in my own time and not for Uni work. But I'm back and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Also all the songs the girls will be singing are all going to be songs from The Saturdays. I will let you know what each song is. The song featured in this chapter is Forever is Over. I would love to write my own songs but unfortunately I'm just not that talented. :(

Tell me what you all think! :D