Sequel: Love in Lights
Status: Active :)

Love in Music

The Air Tastes Different

“Hi I’m Frankie.”

“I’m Lucinda”

“Annabelle.”

“Hey! I’m Kate.”

“And I’m Gracie.”

“And together we’re Purity.” I watched Jen’s TV nervously, with Luce and Kate squished on either side of me. All five of us had squeezed onto her three-seated couch. The video flipped through different scenes that the boys and other people had been filming these last three months. Some I had known were being filmed; others were more of a surprise.

“Oh god.” Frankie mumbled and placed a hand over her eyes as the video started to play her singing on her YouTube channel. Simon had insisted that the songs that we sung on our channels that first caught his attention appear in the video. Cutting over Frankie’s voice singing Lazy Love by Neyo was Frankie saying where she was from. “I’m 19 and I’m from California.” A few clips of Frankie fooling around with us before Lucinda’s video came up.

“I’m 19 and I grew up in Murcia, Spain.” Lucinda’s voice carried over her video where she sang Sing For Me by Christina Aguilera

“18 years old from London.” Kate’s voice swept over the video of her singing The Power of Love by Gabrielle Aplin.

My own video came up next as I sung my version of Brother by Matt Corby. “I’m from Sydney, Australia and I’m 18 years old.”

Lastly Gracie’s video of her singing Breaking the Law by Emeli Sande. “I was raised in New York and I’m 19 years old.”

The were more clips of us dancing with Jacque, sitting in Jen’s office and the board room, also of us with Simon where it cut to Simon saying. “Something, new and fresh. To rival One Direction.”

The next few clips had the boys in it, lounging in the recording room with us, throwing food around. Our first meeting with them had been recorded without us knowing; a few shots of us staring at them stark struck popped up. I burst out laughing with the girls. Our faces were priceless. The last short video of Frankie jumping on Harry and ruffling his hair cut to pictures of the boys twitter feeds. Flipping through as we were announced before finally cutting to a video of the amount of people out front of our hotel, the cameras flashing.

Lastly it cut to the last scene we had shot just the day before. Of us singing a part of our first song. I could feel the nerves in my stomach start up as I watched myself look close to puking on the screen. Frankie’s hand reached out and squeezed mine on the screen as Kate began to sing.

]“I was caught in a place far away
From the light
What I saw
I couldn’t face
So I closed my eyes”


We had agreed that the first part would be shown on the video and nothing more. Kate sang the first part before the screen cut off.

“Can we scream? Is screaming aloud? I want to scream?” Lucinda voiced after a short silence. I burst out laughing and rested my head on her shoulder. The nerves that had kept me wound up tight were disappearing and I was exhausted.

“Simon wants this aired at midnight tonight. He’s already announced the announcement.” Jen told us what we already knew. We had all watched the announcement a hundred times since Simon did it yesterday. The boys had taken to Twitter to make sure everyone knew to be ready to watch. They didn’t specify what the announcement was but with all the hype behind us it was assumed that everyone would know.

“You girls don’t look the best. Maybe you should all go home and have a rest.” Jen frowned at us and grabbed bottles of water from her mini fridge behind her desk. I accepted it and allowed the cool liquid to slide down my dry throat.

“Yeah sleep sounds good.” Kate mumbled, she had been complaining of a headache all morning.

“Try to relax girls. This next parts all on us.” Jen called out after the door shut behind her.

“Yeah but it’s our lives.” Frankie muttered as we moved together towards the elevator. Gracie wrapped her arm around my waist. We rode the elevator down to the bottom level; Geoffrey and Nate were already waiting for us.

“The car’s ready girls.” Geoffrey told us as Nate stared at us concerned, he never said much.

We followed behind Geoffrey towards the back door that he now insisted we take.

“Belle!” I spun around at Louis voice, Harry waved from down the corridor as Louis jogged towards us. “How did you like the video?”

“It was good.” I supplied as he pulled me into a hug.

“You get much sleep?” He asked peering at my eyes. I shook my head at him, knowing that looking like a zombie should have been explanation enough for him.

“I have some things to do but I was going to come over later, but if you want to sleep…” Louis trailed off and waited for me to reply. I shook my head.

“No you can come over. I’d like that.” I smiled at him. He smile warmly back and leant forward to press a warm kiss to my forehead. He pulled back and winked before waving at the other girls and starting back to Harry.

“We will totally be talking about you two after I’ve had the recommended eight hours of sleep.” Frankie said the moment I turned around before continuing to follow Geoffrey at the door. I blushed and took after Frankie, ignoring the other girl’s looks.

It had only been a day since Louis and I had talked, we hadn’t had a chance to be alone yet and I didn’t fully know where we stood with each other, but at least we had admitted to liking each other. That was a start.

My phone buzzed as Lucinda smiled at me. “I’m not too tired to talk to you about it.”

“Phone call.” I smiled sweetly at her before pulling out my phone. My sisters name flashed across the screen. I pressed accept and stepped out into the sun. I blinked and moved towards the car.

“Hey Lissy.” I smiled as Kate leant over and helped me buckle up with one hand. “Is everything okay?” We had scheduled times when I called or they called me to make sure that we never missed each other. We had a scheduled call tomorrow night.

“Yeah just letting you know that we won’t be able to call tomorrow.” Annalisa’s voice came through the phone. She sounded excited.

“Oh, what are you guys doing?” I asked curiously.

“Some dinner thing Mum and Dad said they would attend.” She brushed my question off quickly before moving on. “So what have you been up to?”

“Uh well we just finished the video. That’s going to be released tonight.” I told her, nervously glancing at the other girls. They were all silent, stuck in their own worlds, playing on phones or watching the world pass the windows.

“You sound nervous.” She teased me through the phone.

“Of course I’m bloody nervous.” I teasingly snapped back at her. I continued the talk with her all the way from the car and into the elevator. By the time I reached our room door she had to leave to get ready for school.

“Ah bed.” Frankie said the moment we got through the door and disappeared down the hall.

“I’m taking her idea.” I told the others, moving to follow her. Kate groaned.

“I’ll just watch TV and wish that I was capable of sleeping through the day.” I ruffled her hair as I walked past. Gracie followed behind me but Lucinda joined Kate on the couch.

“Goodnight.” I smiled at Gracie and disappeared in my room. I changed into more comfortable clothes quickly and jumped under the covers of my bed, eagerly allowing sleep to take over.

-

The bed shifted and cold air slipped under my tight hold on the covers. My body started to wake up; I eventually pushed my eyelids open. Louis’ face was openly staring down at me. I refrained from gasping in surprise.

“Seriously.” I groaned, reaching a hand out into the biting cold and pushing his face away from mine in annoyance.

“I’ll just leave you.” I stopped from rolling away and quickly grabbed his hand as he moved to climb off the bed. My head was a little dizzy from moving so fast after just waking up.

“You don’t have to.” I pouted drowsily at him. “Stay. You look warm.” I fell back onto the bed and let go of his wrist. The blurriness in my vision disappeared as I watched him take his shoes off before pulling the covers back and climbing in next to me. I waited until he was comfortable before attaching myself to his side like an octopus. His jeans were cold against my legs; I shivered slightly.

“You’re cold.” I accused, glaring into his eyes from our shared position on my pillow. He chuckled and pressed them closer against my legs. I pushed them away half heartedly before grinning at him.

“You can go back to sleep if you want.” He spoke softly as if I was still asleep. I shook my head and moved myself closer to him.

“Awake now. How was the studio?” I asked him curiously. He shrugged at me; he always did it when he thought something was unimportant to talk about.

“Usual, we have plans for our next album that we’re mostly discussing.”

“Like what?” I asked him curiously. He smirked at me.

“Do I get anything for telling you?” I hissed as his cold hand rested on my bed-warmed hip.

“I never said I wanted to know that badly.” I scoffed back at him, he pouted in return. Smirking I pushed myself forward and pressed my lips gently against his. It was barely a kiss. Before he could move forward, I pulled away and out of his grip. He scowled and rolled over, I made a move but he yanked me back onto the bed and hovered above me.

I looked up at him and he seemed shy for a moment. His eyes searching for something before he gently moved down and brushed his lips against mine.

“This okay?” He questioned softly.

“Louis, what are we?” I questioned back. If he wasn’t sure that kissing me was okay, I wasn’t sure what we were.

“You’re my girlfriend, right?” He asked me tentatively, pulling away slightly. I grinned up at him and nodded.

“Then yeah it is okay.” He leant down and pressed his cool lips against mine. I couldn’t help but smile into the kiss, making our lips slightly disjointed. He smiled as well which sent us both into laughter. He fell down to lie beside me and pulled me into his arms again, pressing a kiss to my hair.

“You look so cute all ruffled and soft.” He poked my stomach and I slapped his hands away under the cover.

“Piss off.” I grumbled.

“And then you start using that language and I can’t help but be disgusted in my attraction to you.” I rolled my eyes as over dramatic as I could and flicked him on the nose.

“I wouldn’t start that.” He warned, glaring down at me. I looked innocently back.

“I would.” I flicked his chin this time. He smirked and his eyes practically lit up before he was hovering over me again.

“You’re ticklish right?” He questioned innocently; my heart skipped a beat.

-

“Give it back.” I glared at Louis, holding out my hand.

“Or what?” He asked innocently, holding Frankie’s camera behind his back. Frankie pouted from beside me.

“Don’t give in Louis!” Harry yelled from his position under Gracie. I smirked over at her before glaring back at Louis. Once you knew Louis he could never successfully pull off looking innocent. It was impossibly for him to be innocent.

“Sorry love, but they’re my boys.” He grinned wickedly.

“As your girlfriend I should be given more of an opportunity to state my case!” I stomped my foot childishly.

“As his what?” I spun so quickly that I fell into Frankie’s side. She steadied me as I looked at the door.

“Mum? Dad?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Song title: Ride This Feeling - Kate Miller-Heidke

A bit of fluff for you all! How do you think her parents are going to react?

xx