Sequel: Love in Lights
Status: Active :)

Love in Music

As Long As We're Together

My hands shook and sweated around the microphone as Lucinda grabbed my other hand, digging her nails in tightly. I glanced towards Kate as the music started.

“I was caught in a place far away
From the light
What I saw
I couldn’t face
So I closed my eyes.”

“Wish I could turn back the page,” Lucinda’s voice moved freely over Kate’s.

“Re-write my point of view.” Gracie joined in easily, her eyes staying forward on our audience of family members.

“Save all the time you waste. Don’t let it escalade.” Lucinda squeezed my hand one last time before letting go to switch hand of her microphone. I shifted in my heels slightly and found Annalisa in the crowd. She waved at me excitedly and I smiled back.

“Don’t fight its just no use.” Frankie sung this time her voice clear and strong.

“There’s nothing left to say.” It cut back to Lucinda who shot a glance at me, I smiled back comfortingly before taking a deep breath, counting the beats in the song and waiting for Frankie to sing again.

“Got to get gone, gone, gone.”

“Forever is over.” I let the words fall from mouth before taking a deep breath. My heart pounded in time with the music as we continued the chorus, each of us took our turns and slowly relaxed more. My grip on the microphone loosened and my limbs didn’t feel as awkward. I still felt light but the nerves weren’t as bad as I began to enjoy the song more, singing along with more feeling, more movement. I switched places with Lucinda and Frankie, putting myself in the middle. Frankie’s hand stayed on my waist for a moment as she looked at me to sing before turning back to our audience.

Even though I was singing I felt like I could suddenly breathe better, that I was less likely to puke. I was finally performing with these four girls in front of the people we loved. It was actually happening.

“I’m getting closer to the place I belong.” Gracie sang beside me before dropping her hand that held the microphone and I sung the last line.

“Forever is over.” The music stopped and was replaced by screams, claps and whistling. Grinning I mockingly curtsied before jumping on Kate who was the closest to me. Someone jumped on my back and wrapped their legs around my waist, judging by the converse shoes it was Frankie. I jostled her to get comfortable but held her up while placing a kiss on Gracie’s cheek and practically falling on Lucinda with Frankie screaming in my ear.

When I looked up I realised how many people had swarmed around us. I dropped Frankie to her feet and maneuvered out of the girls right into my parents’ arms. Squealing I pulled them both into a hug before grabbing Annalisa and burying my head in her hair. My heart was still beating erratically, my hands were shaking and I was probably very pale. But I didn’t care; we had done it. We’d performed in front of the people who mattered the most to us and it went well. Hell, it felt great.

Annalisa and my parents were talking but I could barely hear them over the buzzing in my head and the loudness of the people around us but it didn’t matter. The way they smiled and the fact that my parents looked so proud was enough for now. Still gasping for air I pulled all three of them tight against me again. I was so glad to finally have them here.

Simon came up to us not long later when the screams had considerably died. I found myself back at the girls’ sides squished between Kate and Gracie.

“Well done girls, your singing was excellent. We will just have to work on your actual performance and attitude--”

“And what he means is you guys were amazing and we’re going to let you scream and bask in the glow of your amazing performance before critiquing it.” Jen cut in over Simon’s words. He frowned before rolling his eyes at her and nodding. Laughing all five of us lurched forward to pull them both into a hug.

“Thank you so much.” I squeezed them tighter before stepping back. Simon flustered for a moment before smiling at us all.

“I’ve got to go back to the office but well done girls.” Grinning we waved as he and Jen both left the room.

“We should probably introduce each other to our families, since our families actually know each other and we don’t.” Gracie observed watching everyone mingle easily with each other.

Before we could move, thought, more loud bodies attacked us. “You girls were fucking awesome.” Niall was immediately hushed as a few parents glanced over. He smiled guiltily before pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back with one arm, the other holding on tightly to Louis’ hand.

“None of you even looked nervous.” Liam commented.

“You didn’t see us puking before the show.” Frankie snorted at him.

“Really?”

“Yeah, we were communally puking in the toilets. It was horrible yet a great bonding experience.” I laughed at Luce as Harry scrunched his nose up slightly at us.

“Don’t worry we brushed our teeth.” I grinned before turning to Louis and immediately pressing my lips to his. He smiled into the kiss and laughed before pressing back, the grin still wide on his face making it slightly awkward. I didn’t mind though.

“You boys coming over tonight to celebrate?” Frankie distracted us, pulling us both back into the conversation.

“You girls don’t mind?” Zayn asked, frowning slightly.

“Course not!” The boys watched in amusement as I practically jumped up and down. I couldn’t stop moving, still vibrating with energy. “You guys have been here with us for like three whole months now. You’re family.”

“Well if you kiss all your family members like you do Louis, I’m in.” Laughing I smacked Niall’s chest as Louis pulled him into a headlock.

“You should go talk to my parents while I go meet everyone else’s family.” I nudged Louis towards my parents. He looked at them before turning back to me, grimacing. Glaring I poked his stomach with our joined hands. “Don’t be a woose. Take Harry with you for support.” I grabbed Harry and nudged them both towards my family. Louis muttered something under his breath that caused Harry to laugh but otherwise they moved over towards my family. I smiled and watched as both my family and Louis cautiously greeted each other, Harry’s hand rested on Louis’ shoulder for support. Annalisa was vibrating next to them and seemed to be doing most of the talking already.

“Come on Annabelle. I’ll introduce you to my family.” Lucinda grabbed onto my hand and tugged me towards two girls who looked a lot like her. One was her older sister Laura and her younger sister Lidia. They both told me that all their sisters’ names started with the letter ‘l’.

“There’s me, Laura, Lucinda, Lisa, Luisa, Leila and Lola. Lisa’s the youngest though.” Lidia told me importantly after listing the names onto her finger. I laughed and nodded with her. I could definitely see why Annalisa was already getting a long with Lidia.

Lucinda then introduced me to her parents who insisted we call them Nadia and Jacob and only Nadia’s accent was thick enough that it sometimes became hard to understand. She often changed between speaking English and Spanish. It was fun listening to her though.

We then moved on to Kate’s family who we had already met. Her mum Linda gushed over us as both Jayden and Leo ogled Lucinda and her sisters. I laughed ruffing up both their hair and walked over to where Frankie was holding onto a baby.

“This is my baby bro Ethan.” She told me holding him out. I laughed and made faces at him, he made grabbing motions with his hands and Frankie practically dumped him in my arms. Surprised I grabbed on as he instantly wrapped his hands in my hair.

“Be careful he pulls, hard.” A lady stepped up who didn’t look like Frankie but definitely looked like the boy in my arms. “I’m Frankie’s step-mom but just call me Zoe sweetheart.” I smiled and nodded as Frankies’ father who definitely looked like both his daughter and son introduced himself as Thomas.

I pulled the girls over to my family next, still holding little Ethan in my arms.

“Look I have a baby.” I exclaimed to my parents. Holding up the adorable black haired boy.

“You better not anytime soon.” My Father responded coolly, shooting a look at Louis who took a step back. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Wow, thanks for ruining the mood.” I glared at him before smiling when Mum took Ethan out of my arms, cooing at him.

“We made friends yesterday didn’t we, yes we did.” I was surprised at my Mum’s baby voice as she stuffed her face near Ethan’s. Louis stepped forward again obviously comforted by my Mum and the baby together. I quickly introduced the girls to my family and patted Louis cheek before we moved on to Gracie’s family.

Gracie’s Mum’s name was Rachel and her ten-year-old brother was Ryan but her Grandma was amazing.

“You girls can all just call me Grammy.” She said to us instantly as Gracie hesitated on what to introduce her as. “No last name business or ma’am. Grammy will do just fine.” We grinned and gratefully accepted the hug she pulled us into, even though we got lipstick on our cheeks from her kisses.

“I’m cooking for y’all tonight.” She insisted instantly and we all agreed, no one even thinking about protesting or mentioning how many people that would mean in one suite back at the hotel.

“The boys are coming tonight too if that’s okay to cook for them.” Gracie let her Grammy know.

“Those boy band boys?” She asked looking around for them. We nodded.

“So who’s dating who?” She asked instantly. I laughed in shock at her bluntness.

“Annabelle’s the only one dating any of them.” Frankie piped up instantly. I glared at her as she pointed out Louis to Grammy. Grammy instantly nodded letting me know she approved.

“Very handsome that one; has a nice bum.”

“Grammy!” Gracie blushed as Rachel shook her head, Ryan snuck off to go talk with Leo and Jayden obviously not wanting to be in the conversation.

I smiled happily and wrapped my arms around Grammy’s waist, agreeing wholeheartedly with her opinion on Louis’ bum. It was going to be amazing having a family this big.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Title: Home by Gabrielle Aplin
Song by Purity: Forever Is Over by The Saturdays

Okay so this chapter isn't as long as normal but with sorting out parts of the song for each girl and then figuring out and introducing all the family members I am just too exhausted! So I hope you all have enjoyed this chapter.
Also I mentioned at the start and I'll mention again the songs I use for Purity are all from The Saturdays because I am unfortunately incapable of writing a half decent song! :( So please go listen to the songs by The Saturdays and get a feel as to what I imagine the girls voices to sound like :D

xx