Sequel: Love in Lights
Status: Active :)

Love in Music

Doubled Down on a Sinking Ship

Groaning I tried to blink my eyes open only to be met with a harsh light. The battering beat against my brain intensified and I tried to force away the feeling of needing to puke.

I could feel the buzzing that had woken me up was somewhere near my head, probably under my pillow so I moved my arm around groggily, refusing to move my head or open my eyes. My hand hit a warm body and Frankie’s grumbled protests followed before she rolled away. My hand finally connected with the buzzing and I pulled my phone to sit in front of my face and regretfully opened my eyes.

It took one too many times to actually swipe across the screen before I could answer the call.

“Bella?” Louis’ voice came through the phone, loud and needy and I groaned in response not really wanting to open my mouth and try to use my vocal chords. Everything seemed to be aching. “Are you okay? Are you sick?” Louis voice got even louder and I winced, closing my eyes and humming to Louis.

“Bella talk to me? Do you need me to come over? Are the other girls with you?” I pulled the phone away from my ear for a moment having a slight rest before pulling back to Louis repeating my name constantly.

“Please be quiet.” I croaked out, my voice was scratchy and still slurred from the last drinks I had consumed. “My head is pounding.”

“Are you- are you hungover?” Louis sounded incredulous like the idea of us going out drinking was ludicrous. I furrowed my eyebrows before trying to mumble a reply. “I cannot believe this. I’ve been trying to contact you all night and morning. I thought something was wrong Bella!” I opened my mouth to reply but the rising bile in my throat made me throw the phone on the bed and bolt to the bathroom. I only just made it to the toilet before I retched into the white porcelain bowl.

It burned and I slumped on the ground trying to get my breathing back before leaning over to retch again, and again, and again. Until my stomach had tied itself up in a knot with nothing left inside. Sighing I fell back down and leant against the wall closing my eyes briefly before reaching forward to grab some toilet paper, wiping the tears off my cheek before wiping my mouth.

“Are you okay Bell?” Frankie’s head popped around the corner of the bathroom and I turned to retch more into the toilet. A hand was instantly pulling my hair back and I could hear her murmuring something but the words were unclear over the sounds of my retching.

I had a slight break again and fell back down next to the toilet while Frankie wet a washer and handed it to me. I wrinkled my nose at the smell of vomit and shuffled over to flush the toilet.

“How are you feeling?” I shot Frankie a scathing look, I think I probably still looked better then how I felt and I’m pretty sure there were chunks of vomit in my hair. Frankie grimaced and sat down opposite me. “You did drink a lot.” She offered like it was an excuse.

“I never want to drink again.” I rasped out over my headache and Frankie smirked, shaking her head and standing back up.

“That’s what everyone says. I’ll go get you some water.” She left the room and I groaned and leant my head back against the wall, closing my eyes and relishing the feeling of an empty and settled stomach. My head was still spinning and the headache constant but at least the gurgling in my stomach had stopped.

“Drink this.” I looked up and took the water from Frankie gratefully before she shoved two small white pills in my face. I forced them both down before sculling the water, enjoying the clean fresh feeling. “Shower and I’ll make breakfast, you stink.”

I could barely react to Frankie and instead stripped out of my clothes and stumbled into the shower letting the warm water wash over my body and wash away the smell of last night and this morning. I scrubbed until I felt fresh and new and the headache had subsided before finally pulling myself out of the shower and into a large white towel that felt like fluff and heaven on my skin. It wasn’t until then that I remembered Louis.

I rushed back out into the bedroom and grabbed my phone to see that he had hung up and hadn’t tried to call back. Groaning I quick redialed and waited patiently for the rings. It rung out. Sighing I rang again only to have the call cut short, he obviously hit ignore. I hit my phone against my head before wincing and frowning down at it instead. Louis was angry with me and I had no idea how to apologise.

-

“If you do not stay still I’m going to burn you.” Mia hissed at me while pulling my head back up straight and away from glancing at my phone. I smiled at her apologetically in the mirror as she ran a curling wand through my hair. I pulled my phone up further in front of my face while trying to call Louis again. “Honey this is like the fourth time you’ve called him since I’ve been here, he might be busy.” She reasoned with me. I sighed and dropped my phone on the table in front of me. I could see Grace glancing at me from her seat next to me.

“He’s not busy, he’s pissed off and not answering my calls.” I told her, slumping down in the seat and watching Mia work the wand through the rest of my light brown hair so they fell ringed around my shoulders.

“I’m sure you will be fine, just need to talk it out.” Mia patted my cheek and smiled at me. I smiled back, not really meaning it.

“Yeah if he would actually talk to me.” I mumbled.

“Cheer up honeybuns.” I turned my head to see Frankie walk into the room after changing into her outfit for tonight. Johnson stepped forward from Grace’s hair and fixed up the blue crop top and long white see through maxi skirt. Her blonde hair had been straightened out so the bright pink tips reach the beginning curve of her bottom. “I’m not so sure about this.” She touched the gold head chain that looped around her head, a blue stone situated in the middle of her forehead hanging from the middle part in her hair.

“Looks hot.” Lucinda commented, walking in with her bathrobe still on and hot pink heel on her feet. Her hair had been teased until it was a large fiery red afro on top of her hair with the longer, bottom layer messily plaited to the left side.

“I need you to keep your head straight Annabelle.” Mia tugged harshly on a curl and I quickly moved my head forward towards the mirror, eyeing the annoyed expression on Mia’s face. I reached for my phone only to have Mia reach over and slap it out of my hand. I looked at her shocked before leaning back in the chair not wanting to argue with her when she was holding scissors and hot hair tools so close to my head.

-

My Raphael Young heels tapped across the ground as I stepped out of the car and onto the footpath, my hand instinctively grabbing onto Lucinda to ground me better in the thin royal blue heels. The heel part however was an amazing black and white mosaic that continued underneath the shoe, hidden when my feet were flat to the ground. They were amazing and eye catching but still a bitch to walk in. I patted down the black petticoat that flared out around my hips, it was short but the outer transparent black layer reached my knees. It sat out wider then outfits I was used to and I couldn’t help when my hands played with it.

By the time we were all out of the car we were escorted into the building. There were a few white bursts from cameras around but mostly it stayed a classy event. We entered inside the flash hotel and were immediately greeted with glasses of champagne and Jen. Beautiful Jen looked like a thousand dollars in a gold pantsuit with a white frilled blouse underneath.

“Okay girls are you ready for tonight?” She barely waited a pause, her eyes dancing around the room like she was paranoid someone was watching us, which wasn’t exactly wrong with the amount of people that had turned to watch us walk in. Thankfully there were more people filing through the door after us and it wasn’t too much of an awkward stare. “You all are really going to have to talk to as many people tonight as possible so I seriously hope that you girls did read all the files. Stick together if you must and the 1D boys are around here too, they’re ready to help you out whenever you need. And for God’s sake Frankie please don’t get drunk.” I watched amused as Frankie downed her champagne glass and switched it for another as a waiter walked past. She grinned sheepishly at Jen who rolled her eyes.

“Be good, socialize and then perform and then you can be free to do whatever you want. Just be good.”

“Gee did someone overdose on their coffee intake or what?” I stepped in front of Frankie as Jen turned murderous eyes to her.

“Be good and loveable, got it. We’ll control Frankie.” I appeased Jen, she paused before sighing and nodding, her shoulder relaxing slightly as Simon walked up to us.

“Good to see you girls,” he grinned, standing next to Jen and staring at the obvious worry in her face, amused. “Just relax and drink and enjoy the night.” He told us, pointedly handing Jen a glass of champagne, her glare only last a second before she took the glass and quite a large sip.

“Come on I’ll slowly introduce you girls around.” Simon gestured and all five of us followed as we slowly moved around the room meeting people that I recognised from the files and others that I didn’t remember. Simon eventually left us and we made our own way around, occasionally splitting up but always keeping at least one person from the group with us. Jen had already disappeared and I hoped she was at least enjoying the night.

We ran into Harry and Zayn but I couldn’t find the other boys yet.

“Do you know where Louis is?” I asked Harry, glancing around the packed function room that had been booked for us. Harry stayed silent and I looked back at him to see a conflicted look on his face. “What?” I asked.

“Louis is really angry.”

“I know.” I sighed, turning to face Harry, giving up on spotting Louis, he was doing an exceptional job at avoiding me. “I want to apologise and talk with him but he wouldn’t answer any of my calls today.” I whined at Harry, frowning and glancing down at our shoes. Harry sighed and shifted.

“He’s over there.” I looked up eagerly to see Harry gesture to a corner on the fartherest part of the room. I hadn’t made it that far yet and I could only just make out Louis’ hair amongst a group of people. I made to walk over there but Harry grabbed my arm. “Maybe this isn’t the time to do it.” I looked up at him in confusion.

“Do what? I just want to apologise so he will start talking to me again.” I told him, shrugging out of his grip.

“I think it’s going to take more then an apology.” Harry shrugged and stuffed his hands into his pant pockets. I eyed him before glancing back to Louis; he was still in a conversation and seemed to be making some joke with the small smirk on his face and the crazy waving of his hands. Everyone around him was hooked into his charisma. I opened my mouth ready to ask Harry what he was implying when my eyes caught a familiar figure to the side: Lisa Amberson, the first lady who we had read amongst the files. She had done a large amount of charity work and I had been looking forward to talking to her all day. I glanced from Louis, who was still in deep conversation before making my mind up to go talk to her. I waved at Harry and made my way towards her.

She was standing with one other lady, someone much younger than her and they were talking quietly between each other, enough that I almost felt too shy to approach them. But just before I panicked and made a motion to turn she looked up at me and smiled charmingly. I smiled back, relieved, and walked the rest of the way, as steadily as possible, to her.

“Uh, Hi Mrs. Amberson?” I greeted her politely and her smile merely grew.

“You can call me Lisa, honey. And it’s Annabelle right?” I looked at her surprised before nodding, most of the people here knew who we were just not separately. Lisa laughed at my expression and leaned forward slightly. “I’m very interested in you and your friends Annabelle, I’ve made it my job to properly get to know everything about you.” I widened my eyes and blushed slightly at her teasing tone. “This is my assistant, Holly.” She introduced me to the younger lady next to her, though she still would have been in her thirties.

“Well I’ll admit I’ve read some research about you two.” I told her after greeting her assistant. Her eyes shone in amusement as she gestured for me to go on. “I’m actually more interested in your charity work.” I told her and her smile grew larger like I had just jumped over a hurdle I wasn’t aware was there, with great elegance.

“How about we sit and talk.” She gestures to some tables and chairs that were situated around and guided me over there. I smiled happily and followed already forming question after question that I wanted to ask her.

Throughout the time I spent talking to Lisa we were approached by many people including some of my own band members, Grace had stayed, interested in the charities that Lisa and her company had been building. She was passionate as she talked and often had a smart remark for anyone who dared tease what she was building. It was a tad too enjoyable to see her shoot down anyone that made to remark on the financial loss on charities or the emotions of female businesswomen. She was definitely a sight to behold and a woman not to be reckoned with.

Soon enough Jen was coming over to pull both Grace and I away to get ready to perform, I hadn’t even seen the hour pass.

“Call me sometime Annabelle, if you really want to be a part of us I’m sure we can find some room for you.” Lisa smiled at me and her assistant Holly handed over a business card. I took it in thanks before rushing after Jen and tucking the card into my clutch.
We rounded the corner back stage and I almost toppled into a warm body, I skidded on my heels slightly but straightened up by leaning against the wall. Familiar hands appeared in my vision to touch my waist and center me further. I smiled up at Louis, happy to finally be near him for the first time tonight. In fact this was probably the closest we had been together in days.

“Hey.” I said shyly, dropping the smile when I noticed the carefully blank expression on Louis’ face. “I’ve been trying to talk to you all day.” I said carefully and Louis looked around, not meeting my eyes but I took comfort from his hand that still rested on my waist.

“You could have found me tonight.” His voice sounded almost cold and I frowned, moving closer to him.

“I tried to but I got stuck talking to everyone. I met this really great lady and I didn’t realise how long we had been talking until Jen was calling me over and then I’ve finally run into you and you won’t even look at me.” I pouted up at Louis when he finally turned to meet my eyes. He sighed and his breath fanned over my face before his hand slipped from my waist and he took a step back. “Look I’m sorry Lou okay? I’m really sorry for not answering your calls last night, it’s just we were out and I barely heard it and then when I did read everything it was seriously early in the morning and I didn’t want to-.” Louis cut me off with an annoyed look and I bit my lip.

“It’s not the fact that you didn’t reply or that you went out that I’m pissed off about Annabelle.” Louis snapped and I took a step back, staring at him dumbly. Louis had never actually snapped at me, never been truly angry. “Am I your boyfriend or not?” I stared at him perplexed.

“Of course you are.” I took a hesitant step forward. Louis opened his mouth to say something but paused when people walked past us. Louis nodded at a few people and I smiled weakly until they were far enough away from us.

“If I’m your boyfriend Annabelle if you actually wanted me to be your boyfriend you would tell me you were going out or invite me or send me message at two fucking a.m. in the morning. I’m your boyfriend you’re supposed to want to drunk message me.” He hissed stepping forward so he didn’t have to raise his voice. I stared at him in utter confusion; I had no idea what he was getting at.

“So you wanted me to wake you early in the morning with messages that probably couldn’t be read?” I questioned him and he groaned, a flicker of annoyance sweeping across his face. His eyes narrowed in on me before he spun around and paced a few steps away from me. My mouth dropped open in surprise when I thought he was going to storm away, except he turned back around, hand running through his hair angrily and marched right back up to me.

“You barely talk to me lately, I can’t remember the last time we hung out, we haven’t even had sex, you don’t ask about my sisters or the band or anything about me, you-.” I cut him off there, glaring angrily.

“Are you seriously pissed because I haven’t had sex with you yet? You doubt that I want you to be my boyfriend because we haven’t had sex? I’m a virgin Louis; excuse me for not wanting to give it up to you at the drop of a hat. Just because you’re famous Louis doesn’t mean every girl wants to sleep with you.” I hissed at him angrily, hurt stinging my eyes. Louis facial expression changed drastically, becoming softer as he raised a hand to cup around my neck.

“I didn’t mean it like that at all. I’m sorry, I’m just confused and I don’t know what you want from us. I didn’t mean that I need you to have sex with me, I just, I don’t know, I’m just lost here.” Louis hand weaved half-hearted through the air before falling limply to his side. I stood there staring at him for a moment at a loss for words. I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to say here, I thought our relationship was doing okay, a part from having trouble seeing each other I thought we were doing all right.

“Annabelle, for God’s sake, Jen is going to have a heart attack if you don’t get back here right now.” Frankie appeared at the end of the hallway waving at me frantically. I widened my eyes and stared between her and a dejected Louis.

“Just go.” He mumbled already moving past me to head towards the function room. I grabbed onto his arm, not wanting this to stop here, it felt like an awful place to finish this.

“Lou.” I began but I still didn’t know what he wanted me to stay. He pushed my hand off and nodded at me.

“Go on, I get it, you’re busy. Go have fun, you’ll be fine.” His encouraging words fell flat and in no way actually made me feel any less nervous about the performance.

“Annabelle.” Frankie hissed again and I could hear her heeled steps marching towards me. I sighed and watched Louis walk the opposite direction, not once turning back before allowing Frankie to pull on my hand to where the other girls had disappeared too. “We do not have time for a relationship crisis right now.” Frankie snapped at me and I didn’t respond, not wanting to admit that I felt like I didn’t even have time for a relationship anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
So my posting timetable got stuffed up because of Valentines Day guys! So sorry, I was supposed to post on Friday but I didn't realise what day it was so I got distracted and didn't have time after my fully planned out day! And then I haven't been in the mood to check grammar :P
But here it is not exactly romantic for writing around Valentines Day..
I hope you all enjoyed Valentines Day and told all your loved ones how much you loved them!

Song title: Do You Want Me (Dead) by All Time Low

xx