Sequel: Love in Lights
Status: Active :)

Love in Music

It's A New Day

“Girl let me love you and I will love you until you learn to love yourself.” I sung softly in the air of my bedroom as I pulled some more clothes out of my suitcase and placed them on coat hangers.

“Girl let me love you I know you’re troubled, don’t be afraid, girl let me help.” A voice sang softly back from in my bedroom. I stuck my head out of my wardrobe to see Kate sitting on the edge of my bed smiling at me.

“Hey!”I said brightly, throwing the dress I had in my hand on top of my suitcase and walking out into the main bedroom.

“So we’ve been invited to do a tour of London. Since you’ve been here for four days and you haven’t seen anything yet.” Kate laughed. I smiled widely and instantly grew excited.

“That would be amazing.” I squealed and ran to grab my favourite clutch and phone before appearing in front of Kate who dangled a pair of my shoes in front of her. I grabbed them happily and followed her out into the hallway. I heard loud talking from the living room.

“Wait what do you mean ‘invited’? I asked suddenly stopping in my tracks. She smiled innocently before pulling me down the hallway and into the living room.

“Oh good! You girls ready then?” Louis asked, jumping up from the couch a little too excited. I held back the groan that was threatening to fall. Spending a whole day with Louis replying to his sarcastic remarks sounded exhausting.

“Where are the others?” I asked noticing only Lucinda and Liam with us.

“Oh Gracie is at the gym or something and Frankie disappeared and said something about a Skype date. So it’s just us girls!” Lucinda said just as excited as Louis before moving over to link our arms together. To my great disappointment Louis linked his arm with my other one and dragged Lucinda and I out of the room.

“Are you guys allowed to use public transport?” I enquired as we climbed onto the bus.

“Is it illegal or something?” Louis snorted, I rolled my eyes at him.

“We could get mobbed,” I explained. Both boys just shrugged and found seats. I sighed and sat down next to Lucinda getting comfortable watching the passing scenery. Lucinda pulled out a large camera and began taking photos of nearly everything we passed.

“I love photography.” She explained to me. “If singing didn’t work out, photography would be the next thing for me.”

“That’s awesome as.” I told her truthfully. She smiled at me.

“Smile.” She said raising the camera. I pulled a face just as Louis smooshed his cheek against mine so he was in the photo too. Lucinda laughed and took the photo before I swiftly pushed Louis face away from mine. He frowned at me as I poked my tongue at him.

The first stop we made was the London Eye, the line was so long it was slightly depressing. But the boys entertained us, while we waited, by pointing out objects and people to us and telling us stories about them.

“Uh yes, so to the left we have the common stereotypical Londoner, always in a rush, never stopping for no man, woman or child.” I giggled at the deep voice Louis was putting on for his story.

“Notice the way he never quite looks anyone in the eye? Or that he neurotically checks his watch every couple of seconds.” Liam cut in giving his own voice a twist. I watched amused as the man did exactly what Liam said.

“I think you both do this entirely too much.” Lucinda shook her head at them both. I glanced forward as my excitement grew to see we were not far from the front now.

“Oh finally!” Kate said once we reached the front and climbed on. Instantly I had my face practically pushed against the glass as I looked around the amazing city of London. Kate sat by my side pointing out areas and attractions for me.

“I think my house is somewhere in that direction.” Kate pointed to the right.

We spent the rest of the day travelling to the major London tourist attractions, from the London eye we had headed straight to Big Ben, Lucinda constantly taking pictures of us all day. We visited Trafalgar Square where we were slightly ambushed by a few screaming girls but both boys gracefully signed and took photos before escaping with us not far behind.

“I thought they were going to murder us.” Lucinda whispered down to me, wide eyed as we hurried along after Liam and Louis.

“Don’t speak to soon I think they’re still following.” I muttered under my breath and glanced behind me to see a few girls were indeed still trying to follow us.

We stopped by Buckingham Palace where the Liam and Louis entertained us, and the people around them, as they tried to get the guards to move. Kate and I joined in as Lucinda continued to take photo after photo.

“You get in one!” I yelled at her taking her professional looking camera off her and pushing her towards a guard for a photo. I giggled as she pulled silly poses with Kate as I snapped a few pictures.

“Let’s go get something to eat!” Liam called out to us dragging us away from the guards. Lucinda took her camera back as we followed the boys to a hot dog cart. The boys brought the food and we got comfortable watching other people try to scare the guards.

“I think I’m in love with this place,” I admitted to everyone taking a bite of the vegetarian hot dog and watched the people pass us.

“It’s pretty great,” Kate sighed from next to me smiling at everything. I laughed and wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

“Look here!” Lucinda called aiming her camera at Kate and I. We obeyed. “Cute!

“So what do you think of London?” Louis asked from his seat next to me as we headed back to the hotel.

“It’s absolutely amazing,” I turned to him.

“Australia’s pretty great too though,” Louis stated. I shrugged.

“Sure and I definitely miss it sometimes but this place is just, I don’t know, mesmerizing I guess,” I chuckled at myself. Louis smiled genuinely it was a nice smile.

“You know you girls are pretty cool.” He said softly.

“You were expecting something different?” I asked him curiously as he shrugged.

“I don’t know. I guess I just didn’t expect someone to constantly answer me back.” He joked. I laughed with him. “I kind of expected a bit of fan girling to be honest.”

“You didn’t see the behind the scenes.” He looked at me curiously as I just smiled at him.

There was a flash and we both glanced over to see Lucinda’s camera faced towards us. We both quickly made a silly face as the flash went off again.

“We’re here,” Liam announced from behind me making me jump. We quickly jumped off the bus and made our way up the road towards the hotel. It was getting dark and colder now and I shivered slightly pulling my coat tighter around myself. We headed up the driveway as I successfully manoeuvred through the snow without slipping over.

“Thanks for today.” I said to both Liam and Louis before we said goodbye and us girls headed up the elevator. We walked into out room to see Frankie positioned on top of Gracie, on the floor.

“What the hell are you two doing?” I asked as Lucinda ignored them and sat down on the couch, flipping through pictures on her camera.

“Our Gracie here has Toby’s number and won’t share her messages.” Frankie huffed, crossing her arms over her chest as Gracie made a whining noise.

“You have his number?” Kate asked incredulous and sat next to Gracie’s head on the floor. She nodded as best she could before pushing against Frankie’s bum trying to get her off.

“Well did he ask you on a date?” Lucinda asked, placing her camera to the side. It amazed me how easily she took on everything. She was barely surprised or shocked by anything.

“Frankie get off and I’ll explain.” Gracie whined. I laughed and helped Frankie off of Gracie before we both fell down on the couch opposite Lucinda. Gracie huffed and sat up, straightening her top.

“You know she chased me around the whole suite and then tackled me to the floor.” Gracie glared at Frankie who shrugged innocently. “I’m never being alone with her again.”

I laughed as Lucinda began to badger her with questions about Toby causing Gracie to blush.

“Look it’s nothing okay. He just gave me his number and said in case any of us needed him. It’s for all of you as well.” She tried to protest.

“Then why didn’t he give it to us as well?” Kate enquired causing Gracie to shrug. A smirked slid across my face as Frankie and I exchanged a look.

“Oh sweet innocent Gracie.” I teased sliding forward in my seat.

“Hey! I’m older than you!” She pouted at me.

“Apparently less experienced with boys though.” Frankie commented, making Gracie blush.

“Have you ever had a boyfriend?” Lucinda asked her.

“Yes!” she snapped still blushing.

“Oh I love where this conversation is going. I think it’s time we get to know each other girls. Properly.” Frankie fell down on the floor, her back to the couch, with an excited gleam in her eyes. The rest of us girls exchanged looks before shrugging. Why not?

“So how many boyfriends have you had?” Kate asked Gracie.

“Why me first?” She pouted.

“Because we were discussing your love life first.” I responded instantly. She glared at me, the blush on her cheeks keeping her features innocent.

“I’ve had one.” She eventually said. “We broke up about a year ago. He told me I couldn’t sing and said it was stupid to post up youtube videos. I thought I loved him until that point.”

“Lucky you kicked him to the curb then!” Frankie said happily, clapping in the process. I laughed at her.

“I’ve had 5.” Kate said confidently. “Although two were before the age of twelve and well I don’t think they really count.”

“I’ve had 10.” Lucinda stated after a moments hesitation. We all looked at her surprised, she just shrugged at us. “Well my boyfriend now is the tenth. This is Aaron.”

I looked at the photo she showed us on her phone. Aaron was hot. He had a good amount of muscles and was just as tan as Lucinda.

“Do we include hook ups in our list?” Frankie asked suddenly. I shook my head at her she looked relieved. “Okay well then I’ve probably had about 3 serious boyfriends. Noah would be my fourth.”

“Are you two actually together though?” Kate asked confused.

“I think last night we said we were…” Frankie trailed off shrugging. We all laughed at her before everyone turned to me.

“I’ve uh had two.” I told them softly, not particularly having anything to talk about. I had always been too busy for boys, my parents made sure of that.

“And?” Frankie pestered me.

“And nothing.” I said shrugging. “My luck with guys have been pretty crap. Nothing quite lasts.”

“We will just have to change that while we are here then.” Frankie exclaimed, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

“What about virginity?” Lucinda asked suddenly. Gracie and I instantly blushed.

“And now we know who the virgins are.” Frankie commented. I exchanged a look with Gracie before we all burst out laughing.

“I am so happy that this isn’t awkward.” Kate said through her laughs.

“I HAVE AN IDEA!” Frankie suddenly yelled jumping up on her feet. “Kate you live here! You HAVE to know some good clubs!”

I glanced between Kate and Frankie as Kate nodded. A smile lit up Lucinda’s face.

“That’s a great idea. Then we can get Gracie and Annabelle laid!” My eyes widened at Lucinda’s words before her and Frankie ran down the hallway. I looked at Gracie wide-eyed.

“They’re just joking.” I tried to assure her as much as myself before we headed down the hallway with Kate.
♠ ♠ ♠
The title is from New Day by Alicia Keys :)