Sequel: Love in Lights
Status: Active :)

Love in Music

You Will Only Change Your Mind

“You should buy these ones.” Lucinda held up a nice pair of heels.

“I told you Luce. I can’t walk in heels.” I complained to her, frowning at the beautiful shoes.

“I know hun, that’s why I will teach you. After you buy these.” She thrust them into my hand and directed me towards the counter before I could protest. Sighing I gave the girl behind the counter the shoes and dished out the money.

“I really hope this isn’t a waste of money.” I grumbled to Luce.

“It won’t be. By the time I’m done with you, you will be able to dance in killer heels.” She said confidently, smiling at the cashier as we left the store with my new pair of heels.

“I don’t think you realize how hopeless and clumsy I am.” I told her as she laughed and wrapped an arm around my waist before directing me towards the girls who were in the shop across the street.

“We really have to get to the studio.” Gracie told us as we arrived.

“I don’t know why you are in such a rush Tony isn’t going to be working with us today.” Frankie teased her as Kate looked through a few books sitting out front of the bookstore behind them. I took pity on Gracie as she flushed darkly but she glared at Frankie enough to make Frankie apologise, I was impressed deeply by her glaring abilities.

“Come on Kate! Otherwise Gracie might just kill us.” Frankie called out walking over to rush Kate away from the store. She looked confused at us all.

“Show us your shoes.” Kate said peering into my bag as we headed back towards the hotel.

“You mean the shoes that will probably cause my death?” I asked her as I pulled one shoe out.

“They are very pretty death shoes.” She complimented. I smiled at her in thanks as we arrived at the hotel. The shops that we had been visiting had only been around the corner from the place we were staying. It was a cute little street that had small shops and cafe’s placed throughout.

“There you are! You have a car waiting!” One of the valet’s out front of the hotel motioned us forward quickly before practically shoving us all into the car. Taking our bags in the process and promising to have them sent to our rooms.

“Pushy people.” Frankie grumbled as she fell into a seat easily next to me.

Before long we were outside the studio and Gracie led the way straight to Jen’s office. Gracie knocked on the door as Jen called us in.

“Honestly girls, you are all late.” She reprimanded us straight away.

“We’re really sorry, we got held up.” Kate said sincerely to her.

“What held you girls up?” I jumped on the spot as a voice sounded from behind us. We all turned around to see Simon casually leaning in the doorframe.

“Shoes.” Lucinda blurted out as we all stared at her incredulously.

“Shoes?” Simon questioned, scrunching his eyebrows together.

“Not just any shoes though, Simon, Mr. Cowell, Dad?” Lucinda fumbled for a moment as Frankie and I giggled at her. “What I’m trying to say is that they were very very nice heels and Annabelle doesn’t own any heels but she would suit these so much. So we took longer because I had to convince her to buy them which took longer then was really necessary.” Lucinda stopped the moment Simon held up his hand.

“You know what, it doesn’t matter. Let’s just go.” He motioned behind him as we all quickly filed out of the room, Simon and Jen walking behind us.

“Yes Frankie?” Simon asked after Frankie looked back at them for the fifth time. She quickly turned around and kept her head forward as we neared the elevators.

“What are you doing?” I asked her confused.

“Checking to see if they were holding hands. Don’t you think it would just work if they were holding hands?” I turned around at Frankie’s words only to be glared at by Jen and to see a confused Simon.

Us girls entered the elevator first. Before Jen and Simon could join us, Frankie pressed the button to close the doors.

“Sorry, this ones full.” She smiled gleefully as the doors shut.

“Jen is going to kill you.” I told her, crossing my arms over my chest and leant back against the wall.

“It will be worth it, now they can have a romantic elevator ride together.” Frankie shrugged at me.

“Romantic?” Kate asked confused. “How is an elevator romantic?”

“When two people love each other, anything is romantic.” Frankie sighed, happy with her work. I hid my laughter and widened my eyes at Gracie mouthing the word ‘crazy’ at her. She bit her lip to hold back her laughter as the doors opened. We stepped out and waited a moment before the elevator to the left opened and a still confused Simon stepped out with a fuming Jen following behind him.

I was surprised Frankie was able to stand against the glare Jen was throwing her way. I was scared and it wasn’t even directed at me.

“I think you are in trouble.” Lucinda whispered to Frankie, eyeing Jen just as scared as I was.

“She will thank me for this one day.” Frankie shrugged, seeming uncaring about the glare. Before I could respond a body suddenly hit me, the breath left my lungs as I began to feel myself fall over.

Before I could, arms wrapped their way around my waist and steadied me. I glanced up to meet Louis blue eyes.

“Sorry love.” He winked at me, patting my head lightly before practically throwing me into Frankie’s arms as he ran straight past Simon and Jen and around a corner.

I moved to step out of Frankie’s arms before she pulled me back into her as two boys suddenly flew down the hallway. I think it was Harry and Zayn.

“What just happened?” I asked confused and slightly dizzy from how hard Louis had hit me.

“Children.” Simon shook his head before moving past us and heading to one of the rooms in the hallway.

“You okay?” Frankie questioned me. I nodded at her.

“I just need to catch my breath.” I told her as I began walking forward after everyone else.

We entered a room that was full of mirrors with a complicated speaker in one corner. It looked like a very expensive dance room.

“Here you are girls. Hello Simon.” Jacque greeted us all with a large smile. Liam and Niall waved at us from where they were sitting on the ground, leaning against the mirror.

“Boys can you go get the others?” Simon asked them politely. Liam began to stand up just as the door behind us opened.

“Don’t worry we are here.” Louis puffed out before leaning over and putting his hand on his knees breathing deeply. Zayn and Harry puffed from behind him.

“What on Earth were you all doing?” Jen asked the boys annoyed.

“The girls were late. We got bored.” Harry shrugged at her.

“So what you went for a run?” Kate asked them confused.

“Don’t question them it gets you nowhere.” Liam came up beside Kate making her jump; he smiled apologetically at her as she blushed lightly.

“Hey no flirting you two.” Louis teased as he came up and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

“Good rule.” Frankie stated before pulling me harshly out of Louis arms and made me stand between her and Luce. Louis frowned at Frankie, as I stood there confused. What was wrong with her? An awkward silence fell over everyone as Louis and Frankie has a small stare off.

“Right well girls, shall we get started?” Jacque called our attention away as we separated from everyone else and followed her to the middle of the room.

“There’s more comfortable clothes over there if you wanted to get changed.” She motioned to a cabinet on the other side of the room. Gracie and Lucinda rushed over there since they were both in dresses. We had planned to get changed but couldn’t after we were rushed into the car.

I glanced over to the boys as Simon took Louis to the side and was whispering something to him. Louis eyes met mine as his lips moved, replying to whatever Simon had said. Simon followed Louis gaze and my eyes met his.

“Come on Belle.” Frankie interrupted, purposefully stepping into my view and pushing me towards the cabinet. I opened my mouth to say something before she shot me a look. I closed it instantly and allowed her to push me over towards the cabinet. Later I would make sure she told me what her problem was though.

“Now I’ll go through some basic stretches with you five that you should do before every performance am I clear?” We all nodded at Jacque and made a circle with her, copying her every move.

The hour was spent performing everything Jacque showed us. She said the point of today was just to figure out where we all were with being able to dance. We were all decent enough that she could teach us to go further and better. Simon even stated he was quite happy with our ability, which Jen said was the best compliment he’s ever given. I couldn’t help the goofy smile that slid across my face as Simon turned to stare at Jen, amused by her teasing.

“Mum and Dad are having a moment.” Frankie whispered to me, making me laugh.

“There not better then us though right?” Harry asked Jacque, walking over to wrap an arm around her shoulder. She rolled her eyes at him and pinched his cheek.

“Everyone I know can dance better then you lot.” She responded easily as he pouted down at her. She ignored his pout easily, which gave her a lot of credit. That pout was almost irresistible. I glanced over to see the rest of the boys leaning against the mirrors talking amongst themselves quietly. It was the calmest I had seen them all and it slightly worried me. They weren’t forming some evil plan were they?

Louis met my eyes and raised his eyebrow. I glanced over at the other girls to see them taking a break since Jacque was discussing something with Simon. I glanced back to Louis as he waved me over a small smile playing across his lips. I smiled back and walked over to him. I could feel the girl’s watching me as I walked over.

Louis leant his head back against the mirror and blinked tiredly as I appeared in front of him.

“Why are you looking so tired? You’ve done nothing all day.” I accused him as he tugged on my hand to get me to sit down next to him.

“We were out late last night, I think the hangover is just hitting me.” He admitted to me.

“You went out and didn’t invite me.” I pulled a shocked face at him, mocking his reaction to me the other day. He stared at me tiredly before smirking softly.

“Sorry love, maybe next time.”

“Who said I wanted to go out with Louis Tomlinson anyway.” I shrugged at him and faced forward, I could see him looking at me out of the corner of my eye.

“Everyone would die to be sitting by me right now.” He said snottily next to me. I had to turn to see his face to make sure he was joking. A smile was spread wide across his face as he winked. I laughed loudly.

“Trust me, they can have it.” I replied easily. He scrunched his nose up at me.

“I’m not the one who is sweating right now.” I smacked his arm at his comment.

“Well I’ve actually been working today.” I whined to him, tugging at the baggy pants I was wearing. We sat in a small silence for a moment as I glanced to see Louis eyes closed.

“What’s with you and Frankie?” I finally breathed out to him. His eyes snapped open instantly and he turned to look at me.

“You noticed something too hey?” I nodded at him. “I don’t actually know. I mean I’ve never talked to the girl that much. You’re the one I talk to the most. So I don’t think I’ve offended her but Simon told me I had to fix it. I don’t even know what to fix.” He threw his hands up and sighed resting his head back and staring forward.

“I’m sure it’s nothing. Probably just reading it wrong.” I tried to comfort him. He continued to stare forward as he raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah? Why is she glaring over here right now though.” I glanced over towards the girls to see Frankie was glaring at us both. When my eyes met hers she instantly motioned me over with her hand.

“Maybe she’s trying to protect you. From me.” I looked at Louis like he was ridiculous.

“What on Earth are you going to do to hurt me Mr. Tomlinson?” I teased him, pulling myself to my feet. His head traveled up so his eyes were connected with mine the whole time.

“Well maybe she thinks that I’ll play you. You know just using you for some fun and then leaving you.” Louis suggested to me, his face completely serious. I stared at him for a moment wondering what he was suggesting.

“But that’s where you’re wrong. Nothing is happening between us so therefore there is nothing to protect me from.” I responded shaking my head at the confusion he had spread through my mind.

“Nothing hey?”

“Nothing what so ever.” I laughed at his joke, winking at him before heading over to the other girls.

“Simon said we could go home.” Frankie said as soon as I reached them, she gave me my clothes and pushed me behind the screens so I could change. I did quickly before going back to stand with the girls.

“Well let’s go.” Frankie smiled, wrapped her arm around mine and hurriedly dragged me out the door. I had no idea why she was in such a hurry, I didn’t even have time to say goodbye to anyone as we left.

By the time we got home I had decided to confront Frankie.

“Do you not like Louis?” I asked her the moment we stepped into the living room. She froze slightly with her back to me before turning around to meet my eyes. I couldn’t read any emotion on her face.

“What makes you say that?” She asked shrugging.

“Because you’re pretty hostile to him and you barely let me talk to him.” I said slowly, not wanting to start an argument, I just wanted to know what her problem was. I could see the other girls standing around cautiously as if they weren’t sure whether to leave or to stay. “If you like him I’m not going for him or anything. Like I won’t be in your way.” I added quickly wondering if that was what the problem was. Her face softened as she shook her head at me.

“Oh darling, he is so not my type.” She responded, a small mile gracing her features. I relaxed slightly at the smile.

“Then what is it? Simon even noticed how hostile you were.” I said softly taking a seat on the couch with her, the other girls sat around us obviously deciding on staying. She took a deep breath before sighing, her eyes not straying from mine.

“I’m just worried about you that’s all. I mean he’s rich and famous and four years older then you. More experienced in pretty much everything. I didn’t want him to take advantage of you.”

“Take advantage of me?” I asked confused. “It’s not like he’s going to make me be his slave or something!”

“No I mean as in - Wait you really don’t see it?” Frankie asked me, changing her sentence halfway. I shook my head at her as her eyes widened.

“Belle!” Lucinda remarked indignantly.

“I mean take advantage as in get with you, sexually.” I blushed darkly at Frankie’s words. She was crazy. “He talks to you way more than the rest of us and the eyes he gives you are not PG.”

“Louis and I are friends Frankie.” I shook my head at her needing her to understand that.

“Now yeah, but later on he’s going to want more. It’s a simple fact. He’s a guy, he only wants one thing.” She responded shrugging.

“You actually believe that?” I asked her shocked. She smiled at me sadly.

“I’ve been with enough guys to know that.” I eyed her for a moment realizing that there was probably more to Frankie’s past then just serial dating, or one-night stands. “You’re young and young in experience too. I’m not going to stop you from talking to him. Just be careful of him okay. And I swear if he hurts one piece of hair on you, I’ll kill him.”

I laughed at her and shook my head but I couldn’t help the warm feeling spreading through my chest at her caring, but brutal, words. It was nice to have someone watching out for me.

“Thanks Frankie. But you have to understand, all of you should. When I said the other day that boys and me don’t work, I was being serious. We literally just don’t work. Louis doesn’t like me in that way, he probably only talks to him because I amuse him that’s all. I don’t do relationships; I’m not very good at them. Boys just don’t work with me.” Frankie eyed me for a moment as I smiled at her. It was a simple fact that I had accepted. I didn’t think there was anyone out there for me or anything romantic like that. Maybe for others just not for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for late post! If you read my other stories I let you all know the other day that because I was really late updating one story it kind of pushed back all my other stories and I became very late! Sorry!! But I should be posting this more often then once ever two weeks now :D

Song Title - Lonely Hearts Club by Marina and The Diamonds