Sequel: Love in Lights
Status: Active :)

Love in Music

Don't Get Too Close

“Put that away!” I laughed as Kate stampeded into her living room and pulled the photo album her mum had produced out of her hand. “None of that please Mum.”

Frankie and I laughed loudly as Kate took the book away and disappeared.

“I’ll email some of them to you.” Kate’s mum winked at us.

“Thanks for having us today Mrs. Hernham.” Gracie said reappearing in the lounge room with Luce.

“Oh my pleasure sweetie and please call me Linda, now that you girls are going to be spending so much time together you’re going to be family. And I know you all must miss home cooked meals.” Grace nodded eagerly as I shrugged. Neither of my parents were very good cooks, they either ordered or took us out to a restaurant I didn’t actually remember the last time I had a home cooked meal.

“She’s just too cute.” Fankie leaned into me to whisper, referring to Kate’s mum. I nodded in agreement; she really was like one of those sweet all round happy mums from the movies.

“Eh my brothers are here.” Kate sighed and fell down on the seat next to us.

“Don’t be mean to your brothers!” Linda scolded instantly as two boys walked into the room. I could instantly see the similarities to between the siblings. Both boys had short brown curly hair just like Kate’s. I’d assumed it was a trait that they picked up from their father since Linda was a natural blonde.

“Girls this is my two annoying brothers.” Kate groaned and waved her hand at the boys. They smiled and rushed over picking her up between them. I smiled at the laughs that fell from her mouth as she tried to pretend she hated it.

“Girls this is Leo and Jayden. My baby brothers!”

“I’m 16!” Leo complained instantly.

“17!” Jayden shouted down to his younger brother who frowned and punched his arm. Kate ignored them and quickly introduced us all.

-

“You’re family is great Kate really!” Gracie said wrapping an arm around Kate who smiled happily at us all.

“I’m glad you like them.” She replied instantly.

“Yes some liked us more then others.” Frankie said nudging Lucinda who glared. Leo had taken to following Luce around the house and hung from her every word; he definitely had a crush.

“Don’t worry I’ll let him know you have a boyfriend.” Kate added in smiling at Luce.

“You’re quiet Belle.” I glanced towards Gracie who looked at me curiously.

“Just kind of miss my family I guess.” I replied shrugging. Despite my home life not being exactly as warm as Kate’s I still missed them all.

“Why don’t you call them when we get upstairs.” Frankie suggested immediately, wrapping me up in her arms as the elevator took us to our floor. I smiled and snuggled into her. These girls were amazing and I was glad I was here with them and no one else. Despite missing my family I felt like I had them to lean on, they understood what I was going through, they understood me despite not knowing each other for long.

“Is there talking coming from our room?” Kate frowned as she pushed her key in confused; we wandered in to find five boys lounging across our couches.

“What the actual fuck?” Frankie exclaimed, glaring at them all.

“We wanted to hang but you guys weren’t here.” Liam said actually looking guilty and standing up to frown at us.

“What did you guy’s break in?” Frankie continued on angrily.

“No!” Harry said instantly, shaking his head. “Liam got the key from reception, he can use those puppy eyes well!”

I glanced at Liam who pouted at us, I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him, it wasn’t working for all of us but I could practically see Kate buckle at the knees. I smirked at her while she purposefully ignored me.

“You know you guys can’t just do that.” Frankie frowned before giving in and falling onto the couch next to Zayn taking the remote from him and changing the TV channel. He just frowned at her before focusing back on the TV.

I excused myself and headed into my room, I wanted to call my family before I got sucked into their antics.

“Lissy!” I cooed into the phone the moment my sister answered.

“Belly!” she laughed instantly. “I’ve been waiting for you to call!” I smiled and instantly launched into conversation with her, wanting to hear all about her school.

“Your friends have been asking me to get you to Skype with them. Apparently you haven’t been on Facebook much.” She enlightened. I sighed and fell back onto the bed, I knew I had been neglecting my old friends from home but I had been busy and it was extremely hard to find time to talk with them all.

“I know I miss them heaps. I’ll message them the moment I’m done here.” I let her know. “How’s Mum and Dad?”

“Oh you know, same old. I’ll let them know you called, but there at a function now.” I frowned. I had kind of wanted to speak to my parents too.

“Are you okay being home alone?” I knew she never really liked it.

“Yeah, I mean I have to get used to it now right?” I went silent for a moment feeling a few tears in my eyes. “Oh shit Belly I didn’t mean it like that! I don’t want you to feel guilty. I’m glad you’re happy and over there singing and hanging out with One Direction. I just miss you, heaps.”

“I miss you too!” I said quietly, wiping away a stray tear.

“It’s weird huh? Before you went away I’m pretty sure we were fighting constantly and now we barely fight.” She mused at me as I laughed.

“True, shall I stay away more often then? So we never fight?” I teased her in response.

“No! Definitely not, you need to come home as soon as possible. I mean it, I would rather fight with you.” I smiled into the phone, happy to hear that.

“I’m going to be home for Christmas, promise.” She squealed happily and clapped as I laughed at her.

“I’ll probably call tomorrow to talk to Mum and Dad so we can chat more then yeah?”

“Yeah of course! Bye, love ya.” I replied and hung up the phone smiling up at the ceiling above my bed. It felt good to talk to her. I wasn’t used to being away from her or my parents for so long. I hadn’t realised it would be this hard, this far away.

I grabbed my laptop deciding to message the girls however my homepage was a lot different to what I was expecting. Instead of seeing my family looking back at me, it was a picture of Louis and Harry. My eyes widened the moment I saw my Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook tabs had all been open and logged in. Fuck!

I slammed the lid and headed towards the lounge room. I was literally going to kill them. Harry saw me first as he came out of the kitchen with a drink. His face paled the moment he saw my expression.

“She saw it Lou! She’s seen it!” He squawked ridiculously before flinging himself behind the couch that Louis had been splayed across. He instantly stood up and eyed me hesitantly.

“Are you fucking kidding me right now?” I growled at him, stopping a few feet away from him as Harry peered over top of the couch.

I could feel everyone eyes on us as Louis smiled slowly.

“I felt like your wallpaper just needed something extra.” My eyes narrowed in on him as he shuffled on the spot.

“You don’t have the right!” I screeched at him pointing a finger. I knew I was being over dramatic but I was embarrassed. There was stuff on there that I really didn’t want him to see like pictures of me when I was younger. Possible likes on Tumblr of him. Everything I have ever posted on Tumblr I would never want him to see.

“We barely snooped I swear! Just a small glance. That photo of you on the toilet when you were what five—.” I moved forward to punch him on the arm or wherever I could reach just wanting to shut him up. Before I could his hand wrapped around my wrist and he grabbed my waist.

I struggled against him yelling words before he easily picked me up and practically through me on the couch.

“Louis,” I huffed out annoyed, as he practically sat on me, holding my arms in his hands. He ignored me and looked back at the TV as I wriggled underneath him, he gripped my hands tighter.

“You’re squishing me!” I whined, annoyed that he could so easily restrain me when I wanted to hurt him. He frowned down at me before pushing his bum back so his legs were laying over my stomach and not his whole weight. He smiled and winked before focusing back on the TV.

“You guys suck.” I glared towards the girls who all watched amused. Gracie patted my head affectionately from the couch over before turning back to her phone. I scowled at her and groaned as Harry sat on the end of the couch lifting me feet onto his lap. I dug my heel in slightly as he yelped and glared at me.

“What was that for?” He whined, I glared at him before he shifted nervously. “Oh, right that.”

Louis smirked at him and shook his head while I tried to pull my arms out of Louis grip.

“If I promise not to physically hurt you can you let me up now?” I asked him sweetly, his eyes turned to me as I pouted and tried to use Liam’s puppy eyes technique.

“You know I have four sisters, that look doesn’t work.” Louis frowned as I continued to do it. He sighed and released my hands before standing up and allowing me to curl up on the end of the couch before sitting back down.

“Apparently it does work.” Frankie muttered but I pretended not to hear her, instead opting to watch the movie that was playing on the screen.

“What are you guys doing here anyway? Do none of you have anything better to do on your nights off?” Lucinda asked suddenly. I smirked at her bluntness as the guys just shrugged.

“You should be honored that we have graced you with our presence.” Louis mumbled shifting on the couch until I could feel his arm against mine, I ignored it and focused more on the TV, I was really confused what we were watching and what was happening.

I could feel Louis arm nudge mine again but I continued to ignore. I knew it was frustrating him as he began to nudge more often before turning to me fully and began poking my sides. He was being a child.

“Seriously.” I grumbled turning to grab onto his hands, holding them away from my body as he tried to wiggle them closer. “What do you want?”

“Your attention.” He said simply as I stared at him incredulous.

“He’s always like this. Get’s needy.” Harry said affectionately, before running his hand messily through Louis half styled hair. Louis glared at Harry before trying to blow a stray piece of hair out of his face since I was holding his hands. A smile slid across my lips at how cute he was being. Which was not the thoughts I wanted.

I pushed his hands towards him before standing up and heading into the kitchen.

“You okay?” I spun around to see Frankie follow me in.

“Fine.” I said quickly, reaching into the fridge to get a drink and offered her one.

“He’s pretty charismatic huh?” I eyed her not knowing where she was going with this.

“We’ve been through this Frank, boys and me don’t mesh well. Relationships don’t work for me.”

“What are you afraid of?” She asked me softly as I faltered about to take a sip of my water. “I mean I’m worried about how much interest Louis is showing you but anyone would be loving that attention. But you ignore it. So why are you afraid of relationships?”

“I’m not afraid.” I defended quickly, because I wasn’t. That’s not what it was like. “I just don’t need them. I’m okay without them. And I’m not looking for one.”

“Okay.” She said simply, reaching out to squeeze my arm before heading back to the other room.

I slumped onto the closest bar stool and continued to sip my water. I knew that coming here and trying to make a music career for myself would be hard. But having Louis Tomlinson around while I was trying to do that had made things significantly harder.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this story already has 94 subscribers and I love you all! Honestly! Let me know what you all think about this so far?
There's so many characters and this story is a lot different to what I usually do so I hope that everything is turning out okay. I feel like the start is a bit slow but I'm just trying to indtroduce all the characters and their relationships. I promise it will pick up soon. But thank you all for commenting, subscribing, recommending and just reading it so far! You guy's are amazing as always! xx

Title: Demons - Imagine Dragons