‹ Prequel: Best Woman
Status: hiatus. (So sorry, will find inspirtation soon!)

Best Expectation

two.

The reactions were different, Faye started crying, Leo didn’t speak and Eddie grinned widely and stood up and hugged them both tightly.

Evan and Annabelle glanced at each other, and shrugged: “I’m so happy!” Faye wailed, and sniffled, trying to keep it together. Leo looked around, seeing his father’s hand shake Evan’s, kissing his sister’s cheek, and his girlfriend hugging her tightly and Evan too.

Leo quietly stood up and smiled stiffly: “Congratulations.” He murmured, and with that walked out. Everyone immediately silenced and glanced at one another.

“What’s his problem?” Annabelle asked quietly, and Faye wiped her eyes and smiled sadly.

“I’ll go check on him…I’m so happy for you guys, truly!” Faye said, and scurried off. Eddie looked confused, and looked to Annabelle knowingly.

“You know Leo, takes him awhile to adjust to change…” he said, and Annabelle smiled, trying not to burst into tears at her brother’s behaviour.

“Are you really happy, Dad?” she asked quietly. Her eyes searching her father’s, with tears glistening in them as his cheeks were wide with happiness.

“I’m ecstatic baby, I knew you two were meant to be and now you’re giving me a grandchild! I’m thrilled!” Eddie enthused and Evan smiled softly.

“I truly love your daughter, Eddie…” he insisted and Eddie patted Evan’s shoulder, as Evan towered over him slightly.

“Evan, you’re the best choice for my girl and it’s an honour to have you in the family.” Eddie replied sincerely, the two men hugged in a manly way and Annabelle grinned with tears in her eyes.

“I’ll get us some drinks; you go sit outside on the porch…” Eddie insisted Evan slip his hand into
Annabelle’s and led her out the back door and they made themselves comfortable on the back porch swing.

“How’d you feel?” Evan asked softly, as he played with her hands and Annabelle looked up at him and smiled softly.

“I wish Leo would understand that I’m not a little girl anymore…” Annabelle murmured, and Evan smiled sympathetically.

“He’ll come round and he’ll be the best Uncle yet…” Evan said lightly and Annabelle smiled at the words “Uncle”, making it all the real – they were having a baby.

But to Annabelle, it wasn’t just that – it was his baby, Evan’s child and hers too, a perfect miracle that they made together.

--

The sound of vomiting startled Evan awake that Sunday morning and he cringed slightly as he heard the gut-retching sound once more. He clambered out of bed, and shuffled to their en suite and pushed the door open further and saw her crouched over the porcelain bowl.

Her blonde hair falling around her face, her body shivering from the coolness of the room and the shock to her system, minutes ago she was comfortable in bed, now she was feeling extremely nauseated and couldn’t stop being sick.

“Sweetie…” Evan murmured, and went over, and crouched beside her, his knees clicking as he did and pulled her hair away from her face and held it back, switching his hands and getting on to his knees he rubbed her back as Annabelle cried quietly. She hated being sick.

“Oh god…” she hissed, and threw up once more.

“It’s okay, you’re okay…” Evan cooed and Annabelle randomly began to sob. “This is horrible!” she cried and Evan felt his heart go out to her. She would suffer for this; she would experience the horrible side of pregnancy.

“I know sweetie, you’re doing great…” Evan said and Annabelle finally sat up, and sighed, nodding. “I’m done…” she said, and moved and sat on the floor, away from the bowl. Evan, ignoring the stench of putrid sick, flushed the toilet for her and helped her up. Annabelle rinsed out her mouth and brushed her teeth.

Evan smiled at her as she sat on the toilet, with the lid on and looked at him tiredly.

“Want to go back to bed and cuddle?” Evan offered hopefully and Annabelle got up silently and without telling him, went back to her side of the bed. Evan followed and clambered back in, bringing the covers around them, Annabelle faced him and snuggled into his chest, breathing softly.

“I love you, Evan.” She murmured, as Evan’s hands slowly rubbed her aching back. He smiled into her hair, just like he did whenever she said those words to him.

“I love you too, Annie.” He whispered back, closing his eyes and holding on to this moment for as long as he could.
♠ ♠ ♠
warning, this will be fluffy.

Whatcha guys think?
I've had a loopy day <3