‹ Prequel: Best Woman
Status: hiatus. (So sorry, will find inspirtation soon!)

Best Expectation

three.

Two weeks later and it was Annabelle’s first official scan and the whole gang was coming with, minus Leo who made the excuse of needing to be in work. Annabelle sat nervously in the waiting room, Evan sitting beside her, reading a pregnancy magazine with firm intent, and Faye and Eddie sat opposite, talking quietly.

“Miss Jacobs?” a voice rang out, and Annabelle’s attention shot to door way where the doctor stood, smiling softly, she looked nice, with a short brown bob and kind blue eyes.

Annabelle stood up and at that, Evan, Faye and Eddie did too. The doctor looked surprised and grinned: “A good support group then?” she teased and Annabelle chuckled nervously and nodded.

The doctor waved her in and Annabelle followed and gave Evan a look to put the magazine down, he smirked and rolled it up, taking it with him, just to annoy her. Faye smirked at the two as Annabelle whispered to put it back.

“Okay Miss Jacobs if you just pop yourself up on the bed…” the doctor told her, and Annabelle gave Faye her bag and cardigan and did as she said. Eddie sat himself down and watched as the woman got the monitor ready.

Evan sat himself on the stool and breathed in deeply, playing with his hands awkwardly. Annabelle looked to the doctor nervously.

“First baby?” she guessed and Annabelle nodded vigorously.

“And you must be the father…” the doctor looked to Evan, who grinned in response. “You’d be right…” he replied and took Annabelle’s hand, mostly for his comfort.

“Okay, let’s get this show on the road, you’re eight week scan…Miss Jacobs…” the doctor announced, sitting on the rolling stool.

“Call me Annabelle…” Annabelle insisted and the doctor smiled.

“I’m Dr. Greene, and you’re in safe hands…” she said, as she motioned Annabelle to lift her t-shirt up. She rolled it up slowly and looked at Evan anxiously, who smiled softly.

“Relax…” he whispered and leaned in and kissed her head. Dr Greene squirted some cool gel on to Annabelle’s stomach, who shivered at the touch of it. Evan smirked and squeezed her hand lightly.

“Okay…” Dr Greene said, bringing the monitor closer as she placed the sensor on to her stomach and moved it around slowly. It took a few seconds for it to appear on screen, but there it was.
Black, white and there, a small, faint image was there – her baby.
Eddie began to tear up again, Faye grinned widely and Evan and Annabelle gawped at it in awe.

“And there is your baby…” Dr Greene confirmed and Evan looked at Annabelle who was still looking at the screen intently. He kissed her head, her cheek, and when she finally looked at him, her lips.

“I love you…” he whispered and Annabelle grinned, filled with happiness and she would have felt complete if only one more person was there.
--
Pictures were printed and Dr Greene even made copies for Eddie and Faye to keep.

“I’ll see you for your 12 week, if you have any problems, just call my office and we can get an appointment for as soon as.” Dr Greene told Annabelle and Evan, who thanked her kindly and left the building, clutching one another’s hands, and Annabelle held the pictures of their child.
Evan dropped Eddie home first. He hugged Annabelle tightly and smiled proudly.

“I’m so proud of you my girl… and your mother is too. I can tell.” Eddie told her lovingly. Maybe it was hormones but Annabelle’s eyes welled up.

“Thanks Daddy, I’ll call you later this week, okay?” she murmured and Eddie nodded, and they parted with kisses on the cheek. As she jumped back in the car, Evan pulled away slowly.

“Why is Leo being a jerk?” Annabelle blurted out, and Faye looked up, caught in the headlights on her face. She shrugged awkwardly and smiled nervously.

“I tried talking to him but he completely shut me out… he ended up going to the bar and didn’t come back to late. I’m sorry, sweetie.” Faye explained and Annabelle immediately felt bad for causing problems between them. Evan noticed the guilty look on Annabelle’s face and leaned over and grabbed her hand, squeezing it once.

“He’ll come around, don’t you worry.” Evan murmured. Annabelle sighed, hoping Evan was right. Evan finally dropped Faye home and then drove themselves home.

“I still can’t believe it…” Evan said as he pulled down into their street. Annabelle looked to him.

“About the baby?” she guessed and Evan nodded: “Yeah, I mean – think about it Annie, two years ago, did you think we’d be here?” Evan asked curiously.

Annabelle thought about it, remembering the time of when Evan was engaged to Ellie Moore and she was on the verge of losing him forever. Two years later, they were together, living in their apartment together and had a baby on the way. It was insane how much life had changed.

“I dreamt about it many times…” Annabelle admitted, and Evan grinned and looked to her.

“I’m glad your dreams came true then.” He said seriously and Annabelle blushed, looking out the window once more, then down to her lap, where the blurry black and white image of their baby lay.

“Are you sure you’re okay about this? You seem…so….” Annabelle asked suddenly, looking to him, as they pulled into their apartment’s parking zone.

“What?” Evan asked confused.

“Supportive.” Annabelle finished and Evan looked at her perplexed: “Would you rather I wasn’t?” he joked, and Annabelle giggled and shook her head.

“Of course not, silly…just…I feel like I’m in a dream sometimes. I have you and we’re having a baby Evan and I feel so unreal. How did I get all of this?” Annabelle asked softly, in awe almost.

Evan smiled warmly, loving how sweet and big-hearted she was. He always adored that about her, even when just best friends. Annabelle Jacobs had the biggest heart known to man, she believed good things happen to good people yet when they happened to her, she questioned why she got them – as if she wasn’t one of those “good people.”

“Sweetie, you deserve this more than anyone and I’m so lucky to have you…we’re real, Annie. Me, you and… junior.” Evan told her, a teasing tone at the end, he had called their baby “it” by accident once and he knew not to mention it again as Annabelle (from hormone imbalance most likely) burst into hysteria.

Annabelle rolled her eyes but smiled to herself. She felt she was the lucky one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Been super busy, sorry guys!
Also, really wanted to do some writing tonight but I've got horrendous back pain!:(

Hopefully I'll write more over the weekend... <3