‹ Prequel: Best Woman
Status: hiatus. (So sorry, will find inspirtation soon!)

Best Expectation

five.

Annabelle was cooking dinner, dancing slightly to a Ryan Adams song which she had playing out of the CD player. She remembers listening to it as her and Evan drove to her grandfather’s ranch, two years ago. They had been back since, last summer they spent a month there.

She was swaying her hips as she chopped the tomatoes for the Bolognese and sang softly along.

She didn’t hear the door open, or the footsteps come up behind her.
But she felt his hands, his big strong hands place themselves on her hips and his whole body came closer to her, he leaned his head on her shoulder and placed a soft kiss under her ear.

“Hey baby…” he purred, and Annabelle grinned, putting the knife down and turning around, looping her arms around his neck loosely and grinning up at him, going on her tiptoes slightly.

She kissed his lips firmly and he eagerly kissed back, his hands roaming over her bottom then back up to her hips, sliding underneath that t-shirt of his.

“I love it when you wear my shirts…” he murmured against her lips, and Annabelle grinned and placed a few kisses on his lips before pulling back.

“I love it when you wear nothing at all.” She teased and Evan looked at her surprised, grinning.

“Well, well… Annie, you tease.” He joked, and she smirked and leaned and kissed his jaw.

Evan groaned slightly. “Baby, you know I want to nothing but lay you on this goddamn floor and make love to you…but if you don’t stop…I will do it. I mean it.” he half joked, and pulled away slightly, and kissed her head, cheeks, than lips.

Annabelle hugged him, her head buried in his neck and lowered herself to the floor.

“Dance with me?” she begged softly, and without hesitation, Evan did. He led her to the centre of their kitchen, and placed his hands on her hips and she kept her hands at his shoulders and they swayed softly. Annabelle moved closer, and Evan took her hand and bought it close to his chest, and they danced slowly together.

She smelled of fresh linen and lavender – she smelled like home. Evan thought as he smiled against her skin, breathing her in.

Evan suddenly remembered why he was so excited, and pulled away abruptly and grinned at her, and she grinned back, seeing the glint in his eyes.

“Did something happen today?” she guessed, and Evan nodded eagerly.

“Guess who got a promotion?” he said lightly, and Annabelle’s jaw dropped and pulled away, pointing to him.

“You got a promotion!” she squealed, jumping up and down, and Evan chuckled, grabbing her hips and pulling her back.

“It’s way more money too…which means…we can buy whatever nursery you want.” Evan said, tapping her nose lightly, and Annabelle giggled and grinned.

“Baby, I’m so proud you!” she said, gripping his shoulders. Evan couldn’t describe how that felt, for the woman of his heart to tell him that.

“Thanks sweetie…” he murmured and Annabelle crushed her lips to his, kissing him passionately.

“You are amazing!” she breathed as they finally parted, and Evan suddenly picked her up, bridal style, causing her to shriek with laughter.

“Now…about those clothes…” he joked and Annabelle laughed loudly.

“The cooker!” she squeaked, and Evan moved over, carrying to the hob, and Annabelle quickly turned it off.

“To the bedroom?” he asked, and Annabelle hung around his neck and kissed him once more.

“I’m all yours!” she drawled and Evan was quick to get her upstairs, and even quicker getting her clothes off as he kissed her all over furiously. Evan had never thought he could love someone as much as he loved Annabelle.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like such a flop lately.

Hungover and feeling meh about this - I've got some ideas...hopefully I can salavage it.

What you guys been up too?