‹ Prequel: Best Woman
Status: hiatus. (So sorry, will find inspirtation soon!)

Best Expectation

six.

The following week at work, Evan was going through his files for the upcoming meeting where he would be introduced officially to the team.

“Knock, Knock” a voice came, a sultry, teasing voice. Evan looked up, startled and smiled politely as he saw her face.

Laura walked in, swaying her hips, confined in a black body con dress, with red heels, she looked, to say the least, stunning.

“Hi Laura…” he greeted, and she flashed him a bright smile: “Hey handsome…” she purred, and her eyes sparkled deviously.

Evan coughed nervously, realising she was flirting: “We should keep it professional, Laura… I’m your…” he stammered, and swallowed as she sat cautiously on his desk, crossing her legs, revealing her golden legs.

She grinned: “I know, Evan – relax…” she murmured softly, and Evan sighed, leaning back in his chair, and forced himself not to look at her legs.

Laura tilted her head slightly and furrowed her eyes slightly, she jumped up slightly, and stepped closer, leaning over him. Evan leaned back forcefully, surprised by her closeness and she tutted.

“Stop it…” she murmured, as she touched his tie, and tightened it back up, straightening it. She smoothed his shoulder jacket out, and smoothed her hands down the lapels of his jacket.

“Laura…” he began, but Jim suddenly appeared at the door way, Laura now standing straight and looked completely normal, moments ago, lustful eyes were watching him.

“Urgent meeting with Jackson…get the Memo out to everyone.” He demanded, and left without another word. Evan got up and began to make a call. He tensed as he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“If I haven’t made myself clear, you’ll understand soon enough.” She whispered in his ear, and sauntered off, causing shivers and unspeakable things to happen to Evan.

Evan wanted to think he’d been sexually harassed, but his body didn’t seem to agree as he felt his trousers tighten and shame fills his stomach.
--

Being almost twelve pregnant wasn’t a delight for Annabelle as she tried to photograph a newly engaged couple, but had to excuse herself to go be sick.

After the fourth time, the woman smiled softly: “When you due?” she asked kindly, as Annabelle refocused the camera and apologised profusely.

“February.” Annabelle replied proudly, and the guy grinned.

“Is your husband thrilled?” he asked expectantly and Annabelle’s smile faltered slightly.

“Oh, I’m not married – but I’ve been with him for two years…we’ve been friends forever too.”

The couple smiled happily: “That’s great…best wishes with it all.” The woman said and Annabelle grinned.

“Aw thanks…you know what…seeing as I pretty much screwed this up. Why don’t I rebook you for a free shoot? But the ones I did manage…free of charge? I feel awful that you’d spend money on something that wasn’t my best work.” Annabelle offered.

The man looked surprised and woman shook her head: “Oh no…we can’t…” she began but Annabelle stopped her.

“I insist…c’mon then, give me a smile!” Annabelle called, and they flashed grins spontaneously, and
Annabelle had to admit, it was the best one. Happy, glowing and in love screamed off the page, the woman thanked Annabelle repeatedly, and the man slid Annabelle a tip of 30 dollars.

“See you guys next week!” Annabelle called, as they left the apartment. Annabelle worked from home most times, with the spare room as her spacious office and studio. It worked for most clients, but if not Annabelle booked out a place to use.

She closed the door, and sighed, feeling her swollen stomach underneath her t-shirt. She went to her phone and called Evan.

“Hello, Laura speaking…” a female voice came through. Annabelle looked up in surprise, no longer gazing at the floor.

“Oh um…Hi…did I dial the right number? I’m looking for Evan?” Annabelle asked confused. The woman chuckled softly.

“Yes, this is Evan’s office….I’m Laura, his new assistant. Evan’s in a urgent meeting at the moment with Mr Peter’s…want me to leave a message for you?” Laura replied professionally.

Annabelle was no stranger to the jealous feeling in her stomach, but remained positive: “If you could, just say his girlfriend called and to call me back on my cell.” Annabelle said, putting slight emphasis on “girlfriend.”

“Will do, bye now.” Laura said and hung up abruptly. Annabelle looked at the phone in confusion and shrugged. She shook off the horrid feeling in her stomach and picked her bag, needing to go get some groceries.
--

Meanwhile, back at the office, Laura scribbled a message out for Evan and went into his office to put on his desk. On her way out, she stopped as she saw a black picture frame on top of the cabinet.

A pretty blonde girl and Evan grinning, arms around one another, Laura spun around and looked at his desk and saw there were more photos, some of Evan and others but the blonde girl was adamantly there.

A one of them holding hands, hugging like couples do, and Laura felt his rage of jealousy. She glared at the framed picture once more and scoffed.

“Typical…” she muttered. She strutted out, needing to go flirt with the apprentice or something, feeling deflated from the phone call. Laura Ellington got what she wanted, and she wanted Evan. He was hot, educated and on his way to big success.

Laura wanted him bad and what Laura wants, Laura gets.
♠ ♠ ♠
another chapter because you guys deserve it :)