So Long, Soldier

Don't Forget

I walked back to the park and started watching the skate boarders again. I was supposed to go home after work but I wasn’t in the mood. I pulled my Wendy and Peter Pan backpack off and started digging through it when something slammed into my foot causing me to scream as pain shot throughout my body.

“Mother bloody cow sucker!” I shouted as my backpack flew somewhere as I jumped up, hoping on my foot as I held the other foot in my hand. I heard a group of people panicking as I hopped up and felt myself being lifted off the ground. I felt like I was flying until I was sitting on something hard and cold.

I was being tapped on the shoulder as people were talking amongst themselves until I was being… hugged? Where I was brought into reality. I opened my eyes and looked around to see a skunk haired guy that I saw from earlier squatting down, smiling and looking behind him talking to three other guys that I also earlier with Riley.

“Um.. What are yeh doing?” I asked. “I was umm.. Hugging you since you spaced out. You.. I mean we accidentally rammed your foot with the skateboard” said the curly hair muscled guy. “We’re really sorry” said the skunk haired guy as the shaggy haired guy spoke up. “I’m Rian, that’s Zack, Jack and Alex” said Rian as I looked at the four guys and smiled.

“Do you forgive us?” Jack asked as I frowned, “I will if I can get a milshake to make it better” I laughed. “Then let’s goo!” Jack shouted as he grabbed my hand and took off running with the other three guys running behind me.

---At Max’s Diner

Alex, Jack, Zack, Rian and I walked into Max’s diner and sat down in a booth in the corner of the room when I started to speak up. I was scared that Max might come out and yell at me or kick me out so I had to tell the guys.

“Umm.. You guys” I said as they looked at me as Max walked over. “Katelyn! I thought I fucking told you to get out!” Max yelled as Alex stood up. “Listen asshole! I’m a paying customer and she’s my girlfriend. I won’t allow you to treat her like shit or I’m taking my service elsewhere!” Alex shouted as Max walked away.
“What was that about?” Alex asked as the guys looked at me. “I was gonna say something before he walked over here but I was two minutes late and the asshole fired meh. When I walked out, I did that” I pointed at the entrance door. “You broke the door?” Jack laughed.

“How?” he asked. “I slammed the door shut hard enough that the glass fell out” I said as Riley walked over shyly. “Hey Katelyn, are you alright?” she asked as I nodded. “Hi, I’m Alex, this is Jack , Rian and Zack” said Alex as everyone said hi except Zack. I looked at Zack and he had his face hidden in the menu.

“So what can I get you guys?” Riley asked. “Five burger meals, and 5 chocolate milkshakes” said Alex as Riley wrote it down before walking off. “Looks like Zachary has a crush” Jack sang as I laughed. “Shut up, Barakat” said Zack as he put down his menu as his cheeks were flushed with pink. “So are you from England” Alex asked. “Yeh, I’m from London, England. We moved here about a little over a year ago” I said as Alex smiled.

“That’s awesome, I’m from Essex, we lived on the outside of town. What was your favorite thing about London” Alex asked. “Well besides my favorite story, I loved Big Ben. It’s amazing” I said as Riley came back over and sat down five ice waters. “What’s your favorite story?” Jack asked. “Peter Pan” said Riley as she laughed and walked away. “You two?” Alex laughed as I blushed. “ I loved that movie from when I was a kid” “Same here” I said as the guys continued to ask me questions.

After about an hour and a half later, we left the restaurant and headed back to my mum’s place and hung out in my room until they had to go home for the night but promised to be back tomorrow.

“So where’s Riley?” My mum asked as she walked into my room. “She was working when I left” I said as she walked over to me. “Why weren’t yeh at work?” she asked. “I was but I was two minutes late and he fired me” I said as she let out a sigh. “So yeh ditched yeh best friend for a bunch of guys” she said. “Mum, they’re not a bunch of guys, they’re meh friends” I said as she sighed.

“I get it but just because yeh have four new friends don’t forget the friend whose always been there for yeh” she said as she walked out letting’ me work on my writing.