So Long, Soldier

The Beach

Katelyn's Pov.
The next day, the guys came over at noon and played games on my play station for a good two hours but I eventually got tired of playing. I got out two of the three notebooks willed with my writing, consisting of my poems, songs and stories. When I got bored and needed to vent those notebooks are were I went to; to vent.

“I really like your room” said Alex as he and Jack turned odd the play station and walked over; sitting down on my bed. I looked up from what I was writing to see the guys looking around my room. Jack looked like a little kid bored out of his tree as he sat there frowning. I laughed causing his attention to direct at me.

“What’s so funny?” Jack asked. “You look like a little kid all sad cause yeh have nothing to do” I said as I laughed again. “Well is there something we can do?” he asked. “Why am I that boring?” I asked as he laughed. “Not so much but at the moment yes” he said as I scoffed. “I happen to think I’m very fun” “Then show me baby” Jack said as he wriggled his eyes brows.

“You guys can keep playing the play station, computer or get out the board games” I said ignoring Jack’s last comment. “What’s this?” Alex asked as he picked up one of the notebooks next to me and opened it. “ Stop. Please don’t look at that” I said as he put it down. “That’s private. I don’t let anyone look at those” he nodded and looked hurt as he stared out the window.

“Did you take these?” Zack asked as he pointed at the pictures on the wall. “Yeah, that was taken the day after he was called in to join a few years ago” I frowned. “Those are really good. Do you consider photography as a career?” Zack asked. “No, just a hobby” I said as he nodded and continued looking at the pictures of my dad. “Katelyn, Riley’s here” my mum called as I ran down the stairs with the guys behind me.

“Hey Katie, came to see if you wanted to hang out?” Riley asked as she looked over my shoulder. “Sure, if the guys can come” I said as she smiled. “Sure, the more the merrier” she said. “Did yeh have any plans?” I asked. “Yeah thought we could go to the beach? My mum is waiting out in the van” said Riley. “Okay, guys.. I trailed off as all four of them dashed out of the house and took off down the street.

“I’ll be right back” I said as I dashed upstairs and grabbed my bathing suit from my closet. I grabbed my beach tote, sun glasses, towel and sun screen that I needed, throwing them in the bag. I threw my two notebooks in my bag and threw some pens in but I couldn’t find the last notebook. I kept looking until I heard my name being called. I let out a sigh and headed downstairs to see all the guys dressed in their swim trunks with their towels.

“Is everything okay?” Riley asked as I shook my head. “Meh one notebook is missing. I looked everywhere for it and I couldn’t find it” I said as she gave me a hug. “I’m sure it’s up in your room somewhere. Mum is waiting, she wants to get some stuff for the cooler so we can all eat since more people are coming with us” Riley laughed as we walked out of the door. I quickly texted my mum on the way out letting her know we were all going to the beach. “Is everyone ready?” Mrs. Sanders asked once everyone was in the van. “LET”S GO!” shouted Jack as we rolled down the windows and headed to the store.

Alex’s Pov.

Once we got to the beach, I watched as Katelyn walked into on of the clothing tents to go put on her beach wear. She was still pretty upset that her notebook was gone. I wouldn’t blame her, if my favorite possession was gone, I’d feel just as bad but right now. I felt really low.

“Alex” Riley shouted as I ran over to her as they stood in the water. “Yeah?” I said as the g uys looked at me. “Are you okay?” she asked. “Because you look like your dog just got ran over” “ I’m goof “ I said as she smiled. “So what do you guys wanna do?” she asked. “Let’s play some beach volleyball” said Rian as everyone nodded and broke into groups.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is Just a filler so you all know. I'm gonna be writing more tonight. Do you guys like Alex's Point of view or should I take it out? Let meh know. Comment, Subscribe, Rate, enjoy, Love<3