So Long, Soldier

American Soldier

Katelyn's Pov.

I turned around to go talk to Tom when I decided against it and headed into the kitchen. sat at the kitchen island as I looked over at Alex. I grabbed some put food on my plate and headed back out the kitchen as I felt the guys eyes burn into my back. I headed upstairs and walked down the hallway; walking past Tom's room I noticed him motioning for me to come into his room.

"Did yeh need something?" I asked. "I've been meaning to ask you something, well for the past year" said Tom as he closed his bedroom. I sat down on the bed and ate some of my food. " Do you remember when we had that one class we had together last year. I had to retake English and we were paired up to act out Romeo and Juliet in class" said Tom as I smiled.

"Yeah that was actually alot of fun. I was glad that we had that class together. Yeh actually made meh day especially when yeh took meh out to eat and bought meh flowers" I said as I finished my food and headed downstairs with Tom.

Alex's Pov.

"Sounds like your bro is putting moves on your girl" said Jack as we headed out the front door after we finished eating and finished dishes. I was about to take another step when I remembered the phone call. " Wait up guys" I said as I walked to the front door and opened it. I headed to the living room when I saw Katelyn curled up with her head laying on Tom's shoulder watching TV. I cleared my throat as they looked at me and jumped apart.

"Sorry to bother you two but I just wanted to let Katelyn know that her mom and dad are waiting for her at her mom's house. It sounded urgent so I think you should head over there as soon as possible" I said as I looked back up at them as the were standing awkwardly away from each other.

"Thanks Alex, I'll head over there now" she said as she looked down and bit her lip before I spun on my heel, walked out of the living room, out of the house and out of her life. I was just glad that I didn't get attached to her, not like I liked her anyways I thought.

"Was he putting moves on your girl?" Jack asked. "She's not my girl" I said as we walked down the street. "We shouldn't be talking about her or her love life at all. We only met her not that long ago and we don't really know who she likes, or anything else" said Rian as Jack cut in.

"Peter Pan, Graphic Arts, writing, reading, comics, photography and Batman" said Jack as we got to Rian's house and headed down to the basement. "How do you know all of that stuff, its like you just filled in most of the blanks" said Rian as we looked at Jack. "I've been talking to Riley" said Jack as we picked up our instruments. "Whatever let's play" I said as we started band practice.

Katelyn's Pov.

Tom and I were heading to my house, talking about my freshman year, my first year in Baltimore, what I thought about it and his junior year. He didn't say much about it but I could tell that he was hurting. He didn't seem to want to talk about it so I wasn't gonna push it but I was worried about him. "Tom, what were yeh gonna say back in yeh room?" I asked as we now stood on the wrap around porch next to the front door.

"I was just going too ask you to be my girlfriend. I-If you don't want to that's fine. I mean I see why you wouldn't I'm not that funny or good looking like my" Tom trailed off as I put my hand over his mouth. "I would love to" I said as we headed inside. We walked to the living room as we held hands and saw my parents stand up as soon as they seen us.

"Katelyn, we need to talk" my dad said as I looked at him. I watched him as he and dad looked down at me and Tom's hands before looking back up at me. "Katelyn' he said as he let out a sigh. " I'm going back to Iraq" dad said as everything went black.