Salem Falls

Liam & Lucie

Lucie’s head fell back against the pillows she and Liam had laid out as his lips ghosted over her neck. His fingers were interweaved tightly with hers pressed above both their heads. Every time Liam kissed her she felt as though her hand was one fire, just as much as when she and Zayn had just been sealed, and she knew exactly why.

When two magical being were sealed, it not only caused them excruciating pain at the sealing ceremony, any time a magical being was intimate with another, who they were not sealed to, their seal would start to burn. Lucie assumed Liam must not have known this, and his lips felt so good, and she just wanted to be close to him so desperately that she simply bit her lip and dealt with it. She knew that if Liam was aware she was in pain he would stop, and she couldn’t have that. If she was going to be miserable with Zayn the rest of her life, she was going to enjoy whatever time with Liam she had left.

As he slowly kept moving above her she bit her lip harshly, the pain in her hand becoming excruciating. She couldn’t help but wince, and buried her face in Liam’s neck so he wouldn’t see how much agony she was in as he gently made love to her. She pulled her hands away, the contact of his palms pressing against her burn becoming too much for her to handle, but as her fingers slipped from his he froze.

He immediately pulled away, tenderly taking her hand as he looked at her. “Luce.” He whispered. She couldn’t meet his eyes, pulling her hand away and snapping on her bra, her panties soon following as he tugged on his boxers. She slipped her dress on over her head, the pain ebbing away now that she wasn’t touching Liam. Once the two of them were dressed she turned to leave, but he grabbed her waist, causing her to hiss in pain as he turned her to face him. He let go, taking a step away. “Am I doing this to you?” He whispered.

“Liam… I…” She stopped, pressing her lips together as she looked into his perfect brown eyes. “I should go. Zayn will be looking for me.”

“Lucie, talk to me.” He pleaded. “Am I the one who’s hurting you?” Her eyes fell to the ground again only for her chin to be tilted up softly.

“Yes.” She whispered. “The more intimate we are the more it hurts.”

“So when we were…” She nodded and saw the concern for her in his warm eyes. “Lucie why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I knew you would feel bad.” She whispered, looking up at him. “I love you, and if this is our last night together I want us to be as close as possible.”

“Lucie.” He whispered softly. He reached up, cradling her face in his hand. She pressed her cheek into his palm, breathing in his scent as she covered his finger with her own. “I love you so much, but I don’t want to hurt you.”

“I can deal with it Liam-”

“So that’s why you were going to run away? Because you could deal with it?” He asked simply. She sighed, running a hand through her hair. “If it hurts you we won’t do anything.” He pulled her into his arms, nuzzling his face in her soft curls. “I’m fine with just holding you in my arms.” He felt something warm and wet on his shoulder and pulled back to see that Lucie was crying. He was a bit taken aback, knowing that she almost never cried, especially not in front of others. As he set her down on the blanket, lying on his back and cuddling with her, letting her cry, he thought back to the first time he’d those perfect brown eyes. It had been ten years ago, when he’d been practicing magic in these same woods.

Liam followed the sound of tears coming through the trees, his small feet padding against the grass as he finally saw her in the clearing. He felt his heart speed up as he saw the beautiful girl, crying as she sat on a stump. The trees were crying with her, their leaves falling and twirling around the small figure. He carefully approached, afraid he might startle her.

“Are you okay?” He asked. Her head snapped up and Liam was awestruck by her massive hazel eyes. He thought that no prettier girl existed on the planet in that one moment as she just looked at him. He smiled softly at her before closing his eyes, muttering something under his breath. When he opened his eyes he saw the girl with a look of awe on her face, and grinned as he saw the fireflies he’d conjured dancing for her.

He moved slowly over to her, sitting by her side as she looked at the fireflies. He watched in awe as she closed her eyes, muttering the same spell he had, her fingers dancing through the air like a puppet master. He smiled until he saw that the fireflies above them had burst into flames. She opened her eyes, and seeing what she had done, the girl simply cried even harder. Liam sighed, reaching over and pulling her into his arms, hugging her until she got a hold of herself.

“Who are you?” She whispered finally. “You’re not from Sixth Circle.”

“I’m from The Lunar Circle.” He said. She cocked her head to the side, looking at him with those shimmering eyes.

“But you’re not a monster.” She said.

“And neither are you.” He said. They both looked at each other for a long time before he stuck out his arm like he’d seen his parents do a thousand times before. “I’m Liam.” She smiled, and in that one moment swore he was never going to let the small girl do anything else. She took his hand, shaking it goofily.

“I’m Lucie.” She said.

“Well Lucie.” Liam said. “I think we should be best friends.” She giggled, giving him a small nod.

“I’d like that.”


Liam let his eyes slip open, feeling that same girl lying in his arms as tears pricked his eyes. He couldn’t see her miserable with Zayn, he’d rather die. He loved her more than anything else on the Earth, he always had, and he knew he always would. He nuzzled his face into her hair. “I love you Lucie.” He whispered. She pulled away, looking into his eyes and making his heart race.

“I love you too Liam.” She then pressed her lips to his, but a loud snap broke them apart. Lucie’s eyes shot up to be met with honey brown ones as her fiancée stood before her. Lucie shook her head praying that this had to be a sick nightmare. She and Liam were always so careful, how had Zayn found them? She shot up, standing between Zayn and Liam, her arms thrown out to protect him. “Zayn...”

“Lucie, who is this?” He asked simply, looking at her. But as Liam stood, his face catching in the moonlight Zayn’s eyes grew wide. “Liam Payne?” He turned to Lucie. “You’ve been seeing someone from the Lunar Circle?”

“Zayn please.” She whimpered, feeling those damn tears stinging her eyes. “Please don’t hurt him. I love him.”

“And I love her right back.” Liam growled. “And if you touch one hair on her head I’ll-”

“Liam stop it.” She begged, turning to him. “You have to run.” She whispered, “I’ll hold him off and you get as far away from Salem Falls-”

“Not without you.” He said, his voice fierce as he looked into her eyes.

“No one has to go anywhere.” Liam and Lucie turned back to Zayn, who had his lips pressed together. His eyes met Lucie’s and she saw Zayn looking at her strangely.

“You’re not going to kill him?” She asked.

“I’d like to see him try.” Liam growled.

Ignoring his words, Zayn looked only at Lucie as he spoke, something in his eyes she had never seen before. “Lucie, you can't-” His gaze shot to the ground, before looking back up to her. “You can't do this. You must know it's not right. Do you have any idea what could happen?”

“But I-”

“Lucie, I can't let you see him anymore. You must know that. We're to be married and I-” Zayn paused, ruffling his hair between his fingers. “I forbid you from seeing him again. If you promise me that you'll stay as far away from him as possible, I'll forget this ever happened.” Lucie felt like a knife had gone through her heart as Zayn’s words sunk in. Liam could live, but she’d never get to feel the way she so perfectly fit in his arms, have his lips against hers, make love to him in the moonlight. He would vanish from her life completely, but he would be alive, and that was all she needed to hear.

“Alright.” She choked out.

“Lucie.” She turned to see the pain in Liam’s eyes. “Come on, we can take him. We can knock him out and you and me can run away and-”

“Liam.” She whispered, her voice shaking. “I have to keep you alive.”

“I don’t care if I die!”

“But I do.” Her soft words were enough to break his heart as he looked into her eyes for what they both knew would be the last time.

“So this is what you want then? To be miserable with him?” He asked, not caring that tears were slipping down his face. She reached up, bringing his forehead down to meet hers as they looked at each other.

“If it means that you stay alive and well, then yes.” He slowly pressed his lips to hers, gripping her tightly.

“I will love you until my last breath Lucie.” He whispered, running his fingers through her hair.

“And my heart will always be yours Liam.” She choked out, tears streaming down her face. “And no matter what, never forget that.” She gave him one last kiss before turning to Zayn. And as she left the only man she would ever love alone in the woods, crying his broken heart out, she knew she’d never be happy without him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ashlee again!
Poor Liam and Luce!
Big thanks to Katie for helping me with the Zayn bit
I couldn't have done it without her!

Thanks for reading
oxoxoxo
LS