Salem Falls

Liam & Lucie

As Lucie sat in her room so no longer wanted to live. She hadn’t moved a centimeter in three days as she laid curled up in a ball, looking out the window. Without Liam she had no drive to do anything. He was her light, her happiness, and now she was never allowed to see him again.

A knock on her door was answered with silence as she braced herself for her mother howling at her, but she was surprised at the voice she heard. “Lucie.” Zayn whispered, standing awkwardly in the doorway. She didn’t turn to face him as she pulled the blankets further over her frame. He stepped forward and reached out to touch her shoulder when she finally spoke.

“Get the fuck away from me.” She snarled. He withdrew his hand and simply looked at his lump of a fiancée.

“Your parents wanted us to meet with the dress maker today.” He said. “They want me to know what your dress looks like so I can match it or something like that.”

“I’m not going.” She said, not caring if she sounded childish. She heard him sigh and sit down on the edge of her bed.

“Look, I know you’re mad at me, but what was I supposed to do? I can’t have my soon to be wife with another man, let alone someone from Lunar circle-”

“I should have killed you.” She hissed, turning to face him with fire in her eyes. “I should have killed you in the woods and run away with him. I should have run away with him a long fucking time ago!” She stopped as a stabbing pain shot through her hand. Zayn saw this and simply looked at her. She looked to her hand to see her seal was an angry shade of red.

“When we fight it burn us.” He said simply as she looked at the mark that matched his perfectly. “Look Lucie, I did what was best for both of us and you should be happy I let him live at all. Anyone else would have-” She sat up, not caring about the thin nightgown she was wearing as she glared at him.

“You did what was best for you you selfish bastard. No one had to know about Liam, we could have stayed together and I could have been with someone I actually love.” She saw the hurt in Zayn’s eyes and knew that might have been a bit harsh, but she didn’t care. Zayn had completely ruined her life and she no longer felt anything for him but hatred. He sighed, looking at her.

“Lucie, think about what would have happened if your parents found you two, or Harry or Siren. He would have been killed and we both know it. I know you hate me right now but you can’t deny that I saved his life.” She was silent as he stood, the bed creaking as he did so. “Come on, I don’t like it either, but we need to keep your parents off our backs. I need your help leading this clan Lucie.” He extended his hand to her, his eyes sad. “Please.” As she took his hand, getting out of bed she closed her eyes. When they opened she saw the small firefly outside the window before it took off, sending her message to Liam.

She grabbed a robe, knowing Zayn had already seen more than he probably wanted to through the thin material as he excused himself. She quickly got dressed, making herself presentable with a few Latin phrases. And just as she pulled on her shoes, making her way out to her fiancée, the firefly made its way to the only person she wanted to be with.

~ ~ ~


Liam simply sat on his couch, watching reruns of old movies from the seventies, too depressed to even change the channel. Niall and Evelyn had been by, trying desperately to cheer up their friend who had been fine only days ago, but nothing seemed to work. Niall had brought all his favorite foods, using some spells to try and force his friend to smile. Evelyn had tried to get him to talk, but whatever had happened, he wasn’t going to tell them.

He just sat, crumpled on the couch watching what he thought might be James bond, but he didn’t even pay attention enough to notice. But suddenly a small light out of the corner of his eyes caught his attention and he turned to see a small firefly sitting on the couch arm. His eyes flew open as he reached out, letting the small insect crawl up onto his finger. As soon as the small contact was made he could hear Lucie’s voice.

“Liam, I miss you so much. But we both knew that something like this was a possibility. I love you, I’ll love you until the day I die, but I want you to be happy. Please move on Liam and forget about me, I promise, I’ll be fine. I’ll never forget you Liam, and I love you.”

With that the small bug vanished, leaving Liam alone and feeling even worse than before. He couldn’t just move on, he loved her. He knew he would never care about someone the way he cared about Lucie for the rest of his life. But as he heard her words playing over and over in his head something did change. He stood up, turning off the television and dropping the blanket around his shoulders.

Life was meaningless to him without her, he didn’t care if Sixth Circle came for him, and he didn’t care if they killed him or how horrible that very real possible end might be. He needed to see Lucie, to hold her in his arms and love her with everything he had. He couldn’t let Zayn make her miserable, even if she promised she’d do it to keep him safe. He only saw one real option as he changed into her favorite flannel of his. He then pulled out the only thing he had of hers, hidden away in a small box. He pulled out the scarf she had given him when he asked to have something to remember her with when they were apart. She had one of his leather bracelets that hadn’t left her wrist since the moment he gave it to her.

He held the silky fabric loosely in his hand, remembering how it had been wrapped so gracefully around her neck. He ran his thumb over one of the doves in the pattern and closed his eyes, feeling courage rush through his veins. He knew what he had to do, all he needed was to give her a warning so she wouldn’t be frightened. Closing his eyes he repeated the same spell she had, gripping her scarf.

As the small bug flew out the open window he grabbed his suitcase, beginning to pack his things. He wouldn’t be able to stay here, the Sixth Circle would no doubt burn the place to the ground and people would simply think he was another of the people being murdered. He threw in all his clothes and several pairs of shoes, being sure to grab his father’s old spell book. He was glad his parents had passed, knowing they’d be killed when he put his plan into action. But he knew that Niall and Evelyn might be at risk. He considered telling them his plot, but knew that the less they knew the safer they were.

He threw his bags into his car, his eyes on the clock as he waited for Lucie to send him a reply. He knew this was crazy, that they might both be killed, but he had no other choice. He would have to keep up appearances until the next night, when he had told her to be ready. Because come Thursday at midnight, Liam Payne was going to kidnap Lucie Delacroix.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, Liam is just too much for me guys
Do you think his plan will work
Or will they get caught again?

oxoxoxo
LS