Salem Falls

Liam & Lucie

The quiet of the woods was broken by a gasp as two figures moved together; the only light upon them the moon drifting down through the leaves. Another breathless gasp rung out and was soon followed by a small whimper as the smaller figure, a girl, gripped the back of the boy above her. Finally, after loud moans were silenced by the other’s lips, the two collapsed in a heap, the boy nearly crushing the small girl as he fell to the blanket on the ground. Neither one moved for several minutes before the boy slowly reached over, taking the girl’s hand in his and lacing their fingers together. She smiled, her eyes glimmering as she moved closer, resting her head against his chest and listening to his heart race. He pulled the blankets further up over the two of them, hiding their nudity as they waited for their breathing to steady itself.

The pair was quiet for a long time before the boy finally spoke, running his thumb over her knuckles. “Lucie.” He whispered, his voice so quiet that had they not been only centimeters apart she wouldn’t have heard him. She propped her chin up on his chest, her hazel eyes meeting his.

“Yes?” He pressed his plump lips together and she immediately knew something was bothering him. She shifted so her face hovered over his, not giving him anywhere else to look but into her eyes as her long brown hair created a curtain around them. “Liam, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong.” He lied.

“Bullshit.” She called out simply. “You always press your lips together like that when you’re nervous.” He chuckled at that, his arms wrapping around her waist and pulling her on top of his strong body.

“And how would you know that?” He teased, a broad smile taking up his handsome face. She giggled, loving the way his body seemed made to fit with hers and she leaned down, giving him a small kiss on his nose.

“Because the day you said you loved me you did the same thing.” She whispered.

“So?” He asked, obviously realizing he was going to lose this battle. He could never win an argument with Lucie because he could never stand to see her upset, which she always was if he was right.

“And you also did it before you asked if you could make love to me for the first time.” She continued, starting to count the occasions on her fingers. “And before you asked if you could feel me up, and before you asked if you were allowed to see me naked, and before you asked if I was okay with you going down on-”

“Alright I get it.” He chuckled, pulling her closer until there wasn’t a breath of space between the two. “But why are all your examples sexual?”

“The first one wasn’t.” She insisted.

“But the rest were, am I just your little woodland fuck buddy now?” She giggled again, her forehead falling against his as she breathed in his scent, getting lost in his warm brown eyes.

“You know you’re so much more to me than that.” She cooed, smiling softly. He smiled, leaning up and pressing his lips softly to hers.

“And you’re the world to me Lucie.” He whispered. With that he let his hands slip from her waist, moving her so she laid beside him as the two looked into the leafy canopy blocking the night sky. He kept one arm under her head, his fingers running through her long hair as he listened to her breathing.

“Hey Liam?” She asked finally, her eyes moving to meet his. His eyes were closed as his fingers continued to play with her soft brown curls.

“Hmm?” She swallowed nervously, scooting closer to him as he wrapped his arm around her.

“Why did we have to be born such different people?” His eyes slowly opened as he shifted so he was on his side, facing her.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean why couldn’t I have been like you? Then things wouldn’t be so fucked up.” He sighed, pulling her into his arms and burying his face in her soft hair.

“Nothing about us is fucked up-”

“If anyone found out about us they would kill you Liam, you don’t think that’s fucked up?” She asked, pulling away and looking into his eyes. “I can’t lose you.” She whimpered, feeling tears sting her eyes at the thought of any harm coming to Liam. He sat up, pulling her into his lap as he just rocked her back and forth. She gripped him tightly, fighting off her tears as she nuzzled her face into his neck.

“I know you don’t want to hear this again.” He said finally once she’d gotten a hold of herself. “But maybe it’s time we leave Salem Falls.” Her head snapped up, her eyes starting to water again as she slowly shook her head.

“We can’t Liam.”

“Why?” He pressed, his gaze not leaving hers.

“Because they’ll find us. No matter where we go they’ll find us and they’ll kill you.” She said, her eyes turning darker as she looked at him. “I just wish they all would just die sometimes.” She growled. As she became more and more upset the trees around them began to twist, almost as if someone were wringing them out. Liam saw this and turned his gaze to Lucie, placing his hand on her cheek.

“Luce, calm down.”

“Why can’t they just let me be happy?” She hissed, tears spilling over onto her cheeks as her jaw clenched. A loud crack broke her from her trance as one of the trees gave way, about to crash down on them. Liam grabbed Lucie, tucking her into his chest as he closed his eyes tightly and muttering something quickly under his breath. He then felt something soft hit his skin and looked up, letting out a sigh of relief as he saw flower petals floating down from where the tree had been. He had never changed something that big and moving that quickly before, and would have felt rather impressed with himself if the girl in his arms hadn’t been so upset that she’d almost killed them.

“That was close.” He muttered, cradling the back of her head with his hand and pulling her closer with the other. “You’ve got to stay calm Lucie, like I taught you.” He felt her tears against his skin and pulled back, holding her face delicately in her hands.

“How can I stay calm when my parents might burn you at the stake tomorrow?” She whispered. “How can you not be afraid?”

“Because I would die a thousand times over if it meant spending one more night with you.” He swore, his eyes staying locked on hers. “I love you Lucie Willow Delacroix.” He promised. She leaned over, her lips meeting his before she pulled back, whispering against his skin.

“And I love you too Liam James Payne.” She promised, resting her head on his shoulder and closing her eyes. “I just wish we could be together.”

“We are together.” He assured her, rubbing her back soothingly.

“You know what I mean.” She chuckled sadly. “I just wish we were normal and could go to the movies and such. You could meet my parents without the fear of being disemboweled, and I could meet yours.”

“You know, you could meet my parents…” He said quietly, drawing small shapes on her naked back.

“They’d know who I was Liam. Everyone is your coven does because of my parents and Zayn.” She felt his body tense at the last name and watched as the flowers on the ground quickly shriveled up, dying before completely eroding into the grass.

“Don’t say that name.” He whispered, his voice shaking. She nuzzled her face into his neck, running her fingers over his short hair in an attempt to calm him down.

“Liam it’s alright, I love you-”

“But he’s the one who gets to spend the rest of his life with you.”

“Liam, I hate Zayn. He’s an immature brat and we hardly even speak to each other unless we have to.”

“But you’re going to end up with him.” Liam growled, pulling away and looking at her. “We both know it’s only a matter of time, that’s why we have to leave.”

“Leaving won’t do any good Liam.” She whispered, desperate to keep him calm as his body kept shuddering. “We both know that.” She was silent for a moment, gently running her hand up and down his arms in an attempt to calm him down. “But tonight it’s just you and me.” He pulled back as he heard her muttering something softly. Being greeted with her giving him a sad smile, he noticed the small halo of fireflies flying lazily around the two. He looked back over to see her smile widen as he finally relaxed, kissing her forehead.

“I love you so much.” He whispered, his gaze not leaving hers for a moment as he slowly laid her back down.

“And I love you more than anything else on this Earth.” She whispered. The two then crashed their lips together, no longer needing words as Liam pulled their bodies together and they began to make love in the light of the fireflies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello mibba world!
I'm Ashlee and I'm going to be writing for Liam and Lucie
The beautiful Amanda is next, so get excited!

oxoxox