Salem Falls

Zayn & Maggie

Zayn knew that being with Maggie was risky. He knew that walking with her alone through the woods was one of the most dangerous things he could do. He knew that no matter how strong he could get, he would never be strong enough to protect her from the Sixth Circle. He knew a thousand different things, but after he kissed her the night before, he just knew. He knew that no matter what he did, he’d never be able to stay away from her.

Just the sound of her voice echoing through his ears as they walked was enough to make him happy. He kept his hand wrapped around hers, which made the mark on his skin burn. It was one of the most intense pains Zayn had ever felt, but he would endure it for Maggie.

She didn’t have the slightest clue how badly it was hurting him because he masked it so well, aside from the occasional wince when she would make his heart flutter. It was so strange to be feeling two opposite things at once, but it was worth it.

Zayn was just happy to finally be alone with Maggie, even though he wasn’t sure how long it would be.

“You know,” Maggie said, her sweet voice gracing his ears. “My parents would love it if you came over for dinner again.”

He chuckled. “I would love to see them again, but are you sure your father would approve?”

“He doesn’t have to know why you’re there,” she responded, fluttering her eyes at him. “My mother could’ve just invited you for dinner.”

“And he won’t wonder why I’m suddenly spending so much time with his little girl?”

This time it was Maggie’s turn to chuckle, as she punched Zayn’s arm with her free one. He pulled away from her in fake pain, but she wasn’t fooled and simply rolled her eyes at him.

He chuckled and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him. Her head lay comfortably against his chest as they walked over the fallen brush, and Zayn closed his eyes so he could hold onto the moment forever.

He refused to reopen them until Maggie suddenly stopped walking, causing them to pop back open.

“Everything alright?” he questioned, as he looked down at her. Her jaw was slack, while her eyes were wide. She simply shook her head, while she raised her arm up and pointed in front of them.

Zayn followed her arm and looked out into the forest. Almost immediately, the redness hit his eyes and his vision was flooded with the unmistakable sight of blood.

In front of them lay the body of a young girl, whose clothes were ripped and skin was torn. Giant gashes covered her flesh and the moment Zayn laid eyes on her, he reached his hand up to cover Maggie’s face. He titled her head in the opposite direction, forcing her to face away from the dead girl.

“Don’t look, Maggie,” he whispered, as he pulled her head into his chest. “Just keep your eyes closed.”

Zayn kept running his fingers through Maggie’s hair, as he looked out at the body. He knew immediately that she was killed at the hands of dark magic, but to anyone else it may just look like a satanic murder. Not only did he know how she died, he knew who did it. It was someone in the Sixth Circle.

If he were his father, he would have found a way to cover it up. Killing humans was always frowned upon in the Sixth Circle, even as much as they were hated, but that didn’t mean it wouldn’t happen. Every time it did, Zayn’s father always made it disappear, but Zayn didn’t do that.

Aside from not knowing how to keep it a secret, Maggie had seen everything, and there was no way he could ask her not to say anything. She would insist on getting her father, as any normal person would, and he couldn’t stop her.

Investigations would probably lead to the coven unless Zayn could find some way to stop it, but there was nothing he could think of to do. This was the second body that had been found in the woods in the past week. First there was the one Siren had found and now this.

There was something terrible going on, and Zayn had no clue what it was.

“I’m going to call my father,” Maggie said, as she pulled her phone from her pocket. Her hands were shaking like crazy, her lips were quivering, and Zayn could feel her pulse racing through her head on his chest.

He didn’t even try to stop her from making the call, because deep down he knew it was for the best.

Her voice cracked as she spoke, while tears began to fall from her cheeks. Her father’s worried voice could be heard on the other end, and Zayn knew the officer would be there in moments.

“Should I leave?” Zayn asked, as Maggie hung up the phone. “So your father doesn’t know we were alone together.”

Maggie shook her head quickly, before tucking it back into his chest. Her arms wrapped around his waist, while tears streamed down her cheeks. She was so scared, and all Zayn wanted was to make things better for her.

“Please don’t,” Maggie whispered. “Please don’t leave.”

Zayn pressed his chin on the top of her head, holding her as tightly as he could. All he could think about was whoever had murdered the girl hurting Maggie, and he knew that the sooner her father got there the sooner she would be protected. At the end of the day, he cared more about making sure she was safe than making sure the coven’s secrets stayed hidden.

“I won’t, Maggie. I promise I’ll never leave you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, Zayn and Maggie.
I hope everyone is enjoying this story!
We would love to know your thoughts(: