Salem Falls

Liam & Lucie

Liam was a nervous wreck as he sat in his car, bags packed and ready to go as he waited for the all clear from Lucie. He couldn’t help but smile, picturing the two of them running away together, being able to see each other somewhere that wasn’t the woods.

He looked at the clock and figured he had at least another hour or two to kill, so he stepped out of his car and made his way towards the same woods that had brought him the greatest thing in his life. But as he saw the crime scene tape maybe ten feet in he stopped, pressing his plump lips together.

He was glad Lucie had been helping take his mind off the horrible, cruel deaths that had been wreaking havoc on his and Lucie’s sanctuary. He knew that it was a human sacrifice used for the darkest types of magic. He had asked Lucie briefly about it, but she said she didn’t know anyone who was willing to go down the dark road of human sacrifices. It had been outlawed and the use of such black magic would get the caster kicked out of their clan.

He took a deep breath, letting it out slowly as he set a hand on one of the trees, running his fingertips over the bark. They held so many memories of him and her. The two of them running through the woods, casting minor spells at each other as they laughed and giggled.

Everything had been so simple back then, so effortlessly perfect. There was no pressure on Lucie to marry Zayn, there were no murders, and to the two of them back then, there was no such thing as good or bad magic. It was just Liam, Lucie, and what seemed like all the time in the world.

He let his eyes slip closed again, remembering every moment of their friendship as the trees blew softly in the wind. This was the place where he belonged, among nature. He would be sad to leave his life and his friends behind, but Salem Falls was doing everything in its power to steal Lucie from him, and he refused to let that happen.

He let his eyes slip back open just in time for a small firefly to start fluttering towards him. He smiled, knowing it must be the all clear from Lucie as he extended his hand. He was near giddy, thinking of them finally being free to love each other and not care about anything else. He bit his lip, his nerves racing as the small bug finally floated down onto his finger.

Liam we’re going to have to reschedule tonight. I’m so sorry, but ever since the Malik’s came over my mother has been watching me like a hawk. There’s just no way Liam, I can’t let them catch you. I love you Li.

He fell back against the tree, closing his eyes as he bit his lip in frustration. He knew the engagement wasn’t Lucie’s fault, and neither were her smothering parents, but he was still furious. He began shaking violently, the trees around him trembling before he finally smacked the tree he’d leaned against, sending it toppling over.

He quickly tried to get his breathing under control, knowing he had to calm down. He ran his fingers through his hair, wishing they were her hands which always calmed him. He closed his eyes, picturing her perfect face as she chuckled at him, teasing him for losing his temper. As he envisioned those perfect chocolate brown eyes he felt like a wave of calm washed over him and smiled.

He reached for the bug again, sending it a message to take back to Lucie as he stood, making his way back home.

Lucie chewed her lip nervously as she looked out the window, terrified Liam would be on his way and her parents would find him. She felt a bit like a princess, locked away in a castle and kept from her prince by the fire breathing dragon that was her mother.

Just as the thought of the blonde crossed her mind Annabelle stalked into her daughter’s room like a panther, glaring at Lucie. “What are you doing?” She snapped.

Lucie jumped, turning to face her mother with wide eyes. “Christ, haven’t you ever heard of knocking?”

“My house.” She snapped. “Now, what did you and Zayn do on the gazebo?”

“Why would you even ask?” Lucie sneered. “We both know you were watching us the entire fucking time.” Annabelle glared at her, but Lucie didn’t budge.

“I went inside after you two kissed, hoping you would at least seal the deal to this engagement-”

“Annabelle, he’s sealed to me. It’s not like we can back out of it.” Lucie snapped, looking at the seal on her palm. “He’s stuck with me and I’m stuck with him.”

“Well, there’s a rumor he’s been getting cozy with the sheriff’s daughter, so you need to step up your game.”

“What do you mean?” Annabelle grinned wickedly as she walked over to Annabelle, fluffing up her hair.

“I sent him a text from you saying you wanted to meet him tonight in the woods. And do you know what you’re going to do in those woods Lucie?”

“Be murdered by a serial killer?” Lucie asked, glaring at Annabelle.

“You’re going to fuck him. And you’d better be so good he forgets all about that stupid little human or I will destroy each and every thing you care about and I will make you watch.”

“Can you start with yourself?” Lucie snapped, slapping her mother’s hand away. “I’m not sleeping with Zayn.”

“Yes you are.” Annabelle growled. Her voice had turned more into an animal noise than anything else, her eyes turning black as their glare burrowed under Lucie’s skin.

“No I’m NOT!” Lucie screamed, shoving her mother back and knocking Annabelle onto the floor. She then stood, glaring at the honey blonde before Annabelle shot up, grabbing Lucie around the throat and slamming her back against the wall before Lucie could even blink.

As Annabelle’s eyes turned black again, reminding Lucie of a shark and the room started spinning, she tried to think of anything but Liam. Lucie knew her mother would be able to see glimpses of Lucie’s thoughts as the blonde tightened her grip on her daughter’s throat.

“You will put on the slinkiest little dress you have, you will then go to the woods and you will fuck Zayn until neither of you can walk, do you understand?” Lucie didn’t say anything, trying to stay strong, but when Annabelle pulled back only to slam Lucie back into the wall she crumbled.

“Okay.” She choked out. As soon as that one word left Lucie’s lips Annabelle became herself again, dropping Lucie who crashed to the floor.

“I’m glad you can see things my way.” She hissed. “Make sure you heal yourself dearie.” With that she turned and walked out, leaving Lucie coughing and trying to get her breath back. And as she laid there in a heap, thinking of having to make love to Zayn she felt tears roll down her face. She couldn’t do it. There was no way she could do that to Liam.

She didn’t know how long she laid there before a small light caught her attention. She opened her eyes to see the small firefly glimmering in front of her. She reached out, needing to hear Liam’s voice as she closed her eyes.

Lucie, the sooner we get you out of there the better. I know that you don’t want me to get hurt, but I don’t think I can stand to know that Zayn gets to be with the woman I love for another moment. Please, let’s leave no later than tomorrow night. I love you.

She bit her lip as she pulled the bug close, tears stinging her eyes as she whispered her message.

“Alright Liam, we can leave tomorrow night. But promise me something, please don’t go into the woods tonight. And know that I love you. I love you with every fiber of my being and I won’t stop until there’s no air left in my lungs. I love you so much Liam.”

She felt her tears starting to come back as she quickly let the bug go, watching as it flittered out of the window and to Liam. With that she stood, starting to get ready to meet Zayn with tears still in her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO sorry this took so long everyone!
School has been kicking my butt

oxoxoxox
LS