Salem Falls

Liam & Lucie

Lucie’s heart was racing as she sat on her bed. Her hands were shaking as she looked at her suitcase, hidden in the corner. She knew the instant she saw Liam they were going to have to run as fast as they could. She was terrified that her parents would wake up and that she and Liam would be found. She knew if her parents found out about the two of them he’d be killed in the most brutal and agonizing way Lucie’s mother would be able to think of. The thought of Liam in any sort of pain just terrified her even more, so much so that the water in the vase next to her began boiling, killing the flowers inside.

She had been so excited at the idea of running away with Liam, of both of them being free to finally love each other, but now that the day was here she was a complete wreck. She knew she had to calm down or she was going to get both of them caught, but it was like her stomach was just sitting in a massive knot. Finally a small, flickering light caught her eye and she shot up to see the firefly sitting on her windowsill. She looked out and saw Liam standing just below her window, smiling at her.

She hadn’t seen Liam since Zayn had caught them, and she had to admit she had nearly forgotten how handsome he really was. She grabbed her bag, tossing it out the window and into his arms before he quickly threw it into the car. He then walked back, opening his arms out for her. She smiled, sitting on her windowsill before pushing herself off. She floated through the air before landing perfectly in Liam’s arms. He set her down only to crash his lips to hers, gripping her to him tightly. When they finally pulled away he smiled.

“God I missed doing that.” He whispered against her lips. She giggled against his lips before giving him another passionate kiss.

“I forgot how good you are at it.” She whispered. She then snapped to her senses, turning around and looking at her house. “Come on, we’d better move.”

“Right.” He whispered. He slipped his arm around her waist, leading her quickly to the car before she heard a loud crack, followed by Liam grunting in pain. She whipped her head over to see him gripping his shoulder before she heard the voice that sent shivers through her.

“Lucie, would you care to explain to me why this tree hugging hippie is standing on our lawn?” Annabelle growled. Lucie bit her lip before glaring at Annabelle, standing between her mother and Liam.

“Let us go Annabelle.” She whispered.

“You see, I can’t do that.” The honey blonde said simply. “Because you are going to get me into the head family whether you want to or not, and running away with a Lunar Circle boy isn’t going to do that.” Lucie felt her hands shaking as Annabelle glared at her. She knew her mother was much more powerful than she was. But she also knew that she was never stronger than when Liam was beside her.

“This is your last warning Annabelle.” Lucie said simply. “I don’t want to have to kill you.” Annabelle threw her head back at that, laughing as she stepped closer to the two. Lucie stepped back, trying to protect Liam as he muttered a healing spell as fast as he could.

“Lucie, Lucie, Lucie. Why do you always do nothing but disappoint me? First you aren’t powerful enough to even be considered a member of Sixth Circle, let alone this family, and now of all the boys you could be fucking, you choose this little fairy boy?”

“I love him.” She whispered. “And nothing you do will ever change that.”

“Right, and did you still love him while Zayn was fucking your brains out in the woods last night?”

“What?” Liam murmured. Lucie turned back and saw the hurt in his eyes before turning back to Annabelle.

“I didn’t sleep with him.”

“Because he rejected you.” Annabelle smirked. “Had he come over there and started taking off clothes you would have gone along with it and we both know it. You’re nothing more than a little slut.”

“Lucie…” Liam whispered. “Why?”

“I had to protect you.” She said, biting her lower lip. “I had to keep everyone in the dark until tonight.”

“So you were going to fuck him?!” Liam roared. The trees around the Delacroix house began twisting, cracking under the pressure caused by Liam’s rage. “I would never do that to you!”

“I had to keep you safe Liam. They couldn’t know-”

“She kissed him too.” Annabelle chimed in, smiling wickedly. “It was obvious Zayn didn’t want to, but Lucie couldn’t be stopped-”

“SHUT UP!” Lucie screamed. A tree went flying at Annabelle, knocking the roof off the Delacroix house in the process. Annabelle stood, her eyes wide as Lucie stood there, shaking as tears filled her eyes. “I don’t have to listen to you anymore, and I won’t let you keep ruining my life!” The tree came back and smacked Annabelle in the back of the head, taking the honey blonde to the ground. Lucie’s hands shook as the tree went into the air, just above Annabelle. Tears ran down Lucie’s cheeks as she raised her hands up, the tree following like a puppet on a string before she threw it to the ground.

But just before it crushed Lucie’s mother the tree exploded into flower petals, sending a wave of them over the wreckage of Lucie’s home. She spun back to see Liam, still holding his shoulder as he finished reciting his spell. “Why did you do that?” She whispered.

“Because you’re not a murderer Lucie.” He said, cradling her cheek with his free hand. “Now come on, before they wake up.” He turned to get in the car, but she grabbed him, pressing her lips to his.

“I love you.” She whispered. “But if I didn’t sleep with Zayn I was terrified my mother would somehow find out about you and…” She felt tears sting her eyes before Liam wrapped her in a tight hug. She buried her face in his chest, crying as her home sat in ruins around them. “I love you so much Liam.”

“I love you too Lucie.” He promised, pulling back and looking into her eyes. “And I forgive you. Now let’s get the hell out of here.” She nodded before the pair quickly got into the car, speeding away from the Delacroix house as fast as they could. As the pavement flew beneath them Liam reached over, taking Lucie’s hand in his and smiling at her. She couldn’t help but grin too as she looked at him, because she was finally free.

Annabelle coughed, her eyes dark as she slowly got up and wiped the blood off her face. Edgar quickly pulled himself out of the debris, wiping off the front of his shirt. “Annabelle, do you mind telling me what the Hell just happened?” She turned to him, calming down her hair as she let out a low, animalistic growl, her eyes turning black.

“She ran off with some Lunar Circle boy. Apparently they’re in love.”

“What about Zayn?” Edgar growled. “Annabelle that marriage is our only shot at getting into power.”

“Do you think I don’t know that?” She snapped. “I’ve spent too many years grooming that little brat into being the next leader of the Sixth Circle and this is how she repays me.” Edgar slithered up to Annabelle, setting his hands on her shoulders and calming her.

You know, I think Lucie and her little Lunar Circle lover deserve a Romeo and Juliette type ending, don’t you?” Annabelle turned to her husband, grinning wickedly.

“I couldn’t agree more.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry this took so long everyone!
But here you go, Liam and Lucie finally escaped!

oxoxox