Salem Falls

Liam & Lucie

Lucie let out a short breath as she lifted the blinds, looking out into the parking lot of the hotel again. She felt her hands shaking, causing the shade she was holding to clatter as she waited for Annabelle or Edgar to pop up. But as she felt a large, rough hand on hers her shaking stopped. She felt Liam press into her back, and as he did so a wave of serenity washed over her.

“They can’t hurt you Lucie.” He whispered. “Not anymore.”

“I just don’t know why we stayed here, we should have ran away as far as we could.”

“Because right under their noses is the last place they’ll look.” He promised. “We’re safe Lucie. We’re just going to wait until things cool down and then we’ll go anywhere you want, anywhere in the whole world.” There was a long silence as they both just stood there, Lucie’s eyes dark.

“They’ll find us, and when they do they’ll kill you Liam.” She murmured. “You should have just let me crush that bitch when I had that chance.” She felt his arms wrap around her as he kissed the side of her head.

“I won’t let you become a murderer Lucie.” He breathed into her ear. “Besides, now they have to live their entire lives knowing that their perfect little daughter ran away with Lunar Circle scum.” She turned around to face him as his arms still held her tight, looking into his warm brown eyes.

“You’re not scum.” She promised, setting her hand on his cheek. “You’re the greatest thing that ever happened to me.” He gave her a soft smile and she felt her heart melt. “I love you Liam Payne.”

“And I love you too Lucie Delacroix.” Her small smile fell as she looked at Liam’s chest. He reached down, slowly tilting her chin back up so she had nowhere to look but his eyes. “What’s wrong?”

“I don’t want to be a Delacroix anymore.” She whispered. “All my family is nothing more than a bunch of power hungry whores who’ll do anything to get into power.”

“And then there’s you.” She pressed her lips together as she nuzzled into Liam’s shirt, wrapping her arms around him.

“Annabelle was right Liam, if Zayn would have shown up alone I would have fucked him. I’m a complete whore, I’m just like her-” He took her face in his hands, looking into her eyes as she tried to look away.

“Lucie look at me.” He whispered. She meekly obeyed as he pressed his forehead to hers, their eyes being the only thing the other saw. “You will never be like her, do you understand me? You are beautiful and perfect and I love you with everything I am.” She smiled, running her hands up Liam’s torso until they wrapped around his neck.

“I guess I would just much rather be Lucie Willow Payne.” She murmured. “Much better ring to it.” He smiled at her, leaning down and giving her a soft, sweet kiss.

“You will be, soon. Once we get out of here and I don’t have to worry about being killed during out honeymoon.” Her eyes flew up to his as he looked at her. “That was a really bad proposal wasn’t it?” She chuckled, nodding as he smiled at her.

“Well, I still say yes.” She murmured. “And I’ll wait as long as it takes if it means you’ll be safe.” He smiled, pulling her back into her arms and giving her another small kiss. She let her hand move to his shoulder and he grimaced. She sighed, stepping out of his arms. “You should let me see that.”

“It’s nothing.”

“You’ve been healing it all night and it’s still causing you pain, I wouldn’t call that nothing Liam.” She reached for the bottom of his shirt, quickly tugging it off and biting her lip when she heard him gasp in pain. When she finally saw his shoulder her hand flew to her mouth, her eyes watering.

It looked as though a wild animal had bitten out a chunk of his shoulder. It was mangled and disfigured, a large, purple bruise forming all the way around it. She felt tears sting her eyes as she looked up at Liam. “Why didn’t you let me see it before?”

“I didn’t want you to worry.” He said simply. “It looked much worse I promise.” She just looked at him before walking him over to the bed and setting him down. She then let out a small sigh, setting her hands on his shoulder and pressing her lips together as he winced. She pressed her forehead to his, looking into his eyes as she began to whisper in Latin.

As her warm eyes met his Liam felt the pain begin to ebb away as his skin stitched itself back together. He slowly leaned up, pressing his lips to hers. He no longer cared about the pain in his arm, he just wanted to be closer to her. She was taken by surprise as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her on top of him. She pulled her lips away, looking at him. “Liam…”

“Lucie, this is the first time we’ll get to do this and wake up in each other’s arms.” He whispered. He ran his fingers over her lips, his eyes locked on hers. “Lucie, I just proposed to you.”

“You do make a valid argument.” She said, smiling wickedly at him. He returned her smirk, running his fingers through her hair. But just as he slipped his hand under her dress he stopped.

“Is this going to hurt you?” He asked, taking her hand and running his thumb over her scar. She sighed, pressing her lips together.

“I can deal with it.” She promised. “Please Liam, just… just make love to me.” He smiled softly, bringing her hand to his lips and kissing the white mark.

“Nothing would make me happier… Mrs. Payne.” He whispered. With that he grabbed her waist, slowly rolling them over as he pressed his lips to hers. And for the very first time, they didn’t care who saw.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry this took so long
But Liam and Lucie are free
so yay!

oxoxoxox
LS