Salem Falls

Harry & Alexa

After talking to Zayn about Maggie and Alexa, Harry knew that he had to warn her about everything. She didn’t know much about the coven or how things worked, but he had to tell her so he could protect her. The more she knew the safer she was.

With his hands tucked into his pockets, Harry walked quickly through the forest to the place where he and Alexa always met. She was already waiting for him, sitting against a log with her legs folded in front of her.

“Harry,” she said, standing up with her arms folded across her chest. “You’re late.”

Harry ignored her, taking a few steps forward until he was standing right in front of her. He needed to get straight to the point because they didn’t have any more time to waste.

“Lex, we need to talk.”

Her eyebrows furrowed immediately and she pursed her lips in confusion, while her hands dropped to her sides. “About what?”

He should have known that Alexa wouldn’t let him beat around the bush, because she was never the type to do it herself.

Taking a deep breath, he took another step closer to her, reaching down to take ahold of her hands. He felt her fingers twitch beneath him and pulled her another step closer to him. They were so close that their chests were almost touching, and his eyes looked right into hers.

“There’s something going on, Lex. Something bad.”

From there, Harry told her everything and he could tell by the look in her eyes that she believed him; she had reason not to, and he was thankful for that. It made the whole thing much easier, and when he finished, she blinked her eyes at him for a few seconds before speaking herself.

“You have to teach me,” she said, her voice sounding sure and confident.

“What?”

“You have to teach me how to defend myself,” she said again, looking up at him with her deep eyes. “I need to be able to protect myself in case I come across something when you’re not around.”

Harry shook his head, dropping her hands as he took a step back. “No way,” he said quickly. “Magic like that is too powerful and you won’t be able to handle it.”

Harry couldn’t believe it, but Alexa rolled her eyes at him, tossing her hands to her sides. Of course, she would still keep up her attitude at a time like this.

“Come on, Harry,” she said, her head titled to one side. “If there was ever a time for you to teach me, this is it.”

He couldn’t argue with that logic, but that didn’t make it anymore simple. He wasn’t lying when he said that the magic would be tough, and he still wasn’t sure that she’d be able to handle it. She’d only just barely mastered the simple stuff.

“Please, Harry,” she said again, batting her eyelashes at him. “We have all night. I know we can do it.”

Harry sighed because every word she said made it more difficult for him to say no. He wasn’t sure that she’d even be able to learn the most simple defense spell, but she was right that they needed to try. As much as he hated to admit it, Alexa would be better off if she could cast at least a few spells if she were able to come across any danger.

He couldn’t believe that he was about to agree with Alexa, but with a small groan he nodded his head.

“Fine,” he said, pursing his lips at her. “But you’re not allowed to do any complaining.”

A bright smile fell to Alexa’s face, and he could see her body relax. She was more excited about learning than he had ever been, and he had to admit that was one of the best things about her.