Salem Falls

Liam & Lucie

“Liam are you sure about this?” Lucie whispered as they walked out of Niall’s house.

“I’m sure.” He then reached over, about to give her a kiss, but a loud cough broke them apart.

“If you two could cut the PDA I would really appreciate it.” Siren said, her voice dripping with sarcasm as she gave Liam a hard glare. He simply waved it off however, giving Lucie a kiss on the temple instead. Before Siren could throw a fireball at him however, Niall walked out.

“Are you sure you don’t want us to go with you? These are dangerous times to be walking around the woods with the enemy.” He then smiled at Lucie. “No offense.”

“None taken.” She promised. “And no, I think it’d be best if Zayn is just faced with one of us leaving for Lunar Circle at a time.” She smiled weakly at Siren, who smirked.

“Well I’m not his fiancée.” She noted.

“Want to take my place? I can just imagine your guy’s fights.” Lucie chuckled. Siren seethed, but Lucie could see the small smile flash on her face when Niall took her hand. “You guys be careful alright? Hopefully we’ll be back with Zayn before dark.”

“If anyone needs to be careful it’s you.” Siren said, and for one of the first times in their friendship, there wasn’t a hint of sarcasm or anger, just worry. Both girls knew what they were doing was treason, and even though Lucie suspected that Siren was being consumed by the same fear for Niall’s life that had become so common in Lucie for Liam, she was still surprised. She walked over, gripping her friend tightly.

Siren was caught way off guard, but finally cracked, giving Lucie a small hug in return before pulling back. “Now will you two get the hell out of here?” She said quickly. Lucie chuckled, knowing Siren was trying to keep her game face on as her and Liam walked off, making their way into the woods.

Lucie was terrified of coming this way, knowing how much blood had been spilt and the sick, dark things that had been happening, but she knew she and Liam had to stay hidden. The Sixth Circle was becoming bold and stupid in their attacks, and she didn’t want to risk a coven member seeing them and possibly killing them in the street. Besides, Lucie and Liam’s magic grew when they were surrounded by nature, and with their fingers intertwined, Lucie knew everything would be okay.

Or at least she thought it would.

The pair had only gone ten minutes into the thick brush when they heard a rustling noise. Lucie gripped Liam’s hand for dear life, trying to hide how badly she was shaking before they saw the raven hair. Lucie let out a sigh of relief as Zayn stepped out from behind a tree, but when she saw the fear in his eyes her smile fell.

“Lucie?” He asked, cocking his head to one side. “What are you doing out here? You’re parents said you ran away.”

“We did.” Liam said. Zayn looked to him, as if just realizing he was there. “They found us.”

“Zayn.” Lucie whispered, letting go of Liam and walking towards her arranged fiancée. “We need your help. I know we’ve never exactly seen eye to eye, but please.” Zayn sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“I was just about to ask you two for the same thing.” He said after a long silence.

“What are you-” But Lucie had no time to finish before she flew backwards, roots quickly wrapping her against a tree until it felt like all the air was being pushed from her lungs. She looked up to see Zayn in a similar position as Liam ran to her, trying to pull the roots away. As a high pitched cackle rung through the trees Lucie’s blood went cold, her eyes shooting to Liam. “Liam run!”

“I’m not leaving you-”

“No it’s a trap!”

“Well well well, look what we have here.” Lucie felt her hands shake as se watched a single, hooded figure walk out from behind the trees, but the hood over her face couldn’t hide the identity of Annabelle. “The little love birds decided to fly back home.” She then turned to Zayn and Lucie knew she was smirking. “And look what else I caught in my trap? Your uncle will be so pleased.”

“Let them go Annabelle, I’m the one you want.” Lucie pleaded.

“Well you see Lucie, that’s not quite true. I need you yes, but I need you married to Zayn to get me into the ruling family, and I need this murderer wiped off the face of the Earth!” Liam looked at Annabelle as she slowly slid off her hood, showing that the once hauntingly beautiful features were now burned and disfigured beyond any sort of magical or surgical repair. “He killed your father.”

“I wish it had been you.” Lucie spat. Before she could blink Anabelle was in front of her, smirking as a branch wrapped around Lucie’s mouth, gagging her.

“Now I don’t need sass from you, not on your wedding day.” Annabelle cooed.

“Wedding day my ass-” Liam started, but he shot forward, his body smacking against a tree before he collapsed with a loud thud. Lucie screamed, tears streaming down her face as he struggled to get up.

“Annabelle stop this!” Zayn started, but he was quickly gagged as well, both of them helpless as they watched Annabelle stalk over to Liam.

“You bitch.” He choked out. She giggled darkly, flipping him over with her foot and exposing the blood running down from the gash on his forehead.

“Now don’t be like that. You get to be a witness to my daughter becoming Zayn’s wife. Then she can pop out his baby and get me into the head family.

“Over my dead body.” Annabelle simply smiled again before a root shot through Liam’s shoulder, causing him to let out a scream that sent the bird flying. Annabelle simply leaned down, smiling as with a movement of her fingers the root twisted like a hook before wrapping itself back around the tree.

“Don’t tempt me flower fucker.” She hissed. Liam let out another cry of pain and Lucie screamed, trying desperately to free herself and save the man she loved, but the harder she fought, the tighter the roots became. She slumped back against the tree in defeat as Annabelle walked over, smiling.

“Now, I think I remember the spell to make your seals bind you forever and ever, but let me double check. Don’t want to mess this up.” She was smiling like she’d won the lottery as she pulled out a scroll, opening it and smirking. “Alright, bride and groom, check. Minister, check. Witness,” She glanced over at Liam, who was trying to hide how much pain he was in so Lucie wouldn’t have to see. “Check.” With that she looked back to the ancient text. “Oh, a sacrifice…” She then turned back to Liam, smirking wickedly. “I guess we’ll just have to do without a witness then.”

As Annabelle made her way back to Liam something inside Lucie snapped. She felt her hands shake uncontrollably, her entire body trembling so much the tree she was pinned to began to sway. She felt all her rage at her mother, the misery of her arranged marriage, but most of all her fear for Liam boil over, causing magic to course through the small girl like wildfire. Finally one by one the roots began to snap, freeing Lucie piece by piece.

Annabelle turned around, a look of shock on her face, before Lucie opened her eyes, a dark glare aimed at her mother before the ends of the roots went flying, each one shooting through the once beautiful blonde and sticking her to one of the trees until Lucie’s mother let out a shallow breath, never taking another one in.

As the last of the roots on her, and all of Zayn’s fell to the ground without magic to support them, Lucie landed on her feet, running to Liam without even a second glance at the carnage she had caused. She watched as the root retracted itself from his shoulder and he collapsed into her arms, his face pale and his body cold. “Liam.” She whispered. “Don’t you dare think you can fucking die on me right now.” She grabbed his shoulder, trying to say one of her healing spells, but her voice was so choked with sobs, and he body so drained of magic, that nothing was happening.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up, seeing Zayn’s honey brown eyes. He gently took Lim from her, moving his gaze to Liam’s shoulder before he quickly began healing it. Lucie just watched in awe as Liam’s skin stitched itself back together, time seeming to turn back as the color returned to his face. Finally he opened his eyes, the dark brown meeting her own and she lunged, gripping him with everything she had.

She then turned to Zayn, tears in her eyes before she hugged him tightly. “I will never be able to thank you for this.” She choked out. Zayn sighed, gripping the small girl back before quickly pulling away, looking at her and Liam.

“Actually, you can.” He said simply.

“Anything.” Lucie swore. Zayn looked between the two of them, biting his lip before he spoke.

“I need you to fight with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww Liam and Lucie are okay
And that ho Annabelle is dead!
But what will happen now?

oxoxoxoxox
LS