Salem Falls

Liam & Lucie

As the funeral came to a close and the clan dispersed to offer their condolences to Zayn, Naveed, and Patricia, Lucie stayed put on the bench she’d claimed after the ceremony. She watched a small girl and her parents, none of which were members of the clan approach the Maliks and talk to them. She saw Zayn nod at something the young girl had said and wondered briefly what they were discussing. But her curiosity vanished as she felt her mother’s nails digging into her shoulder so harshly she had to bite back a whimper of pain. The honey blond leaned over, whispering into her daughter’s ear. “Why aren’t you talking to Zayn?” She hissed, making sure to keep a sad smile on her face as she nodded to some other members of the clan passing by.

“Because I hate him.” Lucie snapped, keeping the fake sympathetic smile her mother had taught her so well on her face. “And I have no interest in conversing with that snot nosed brat.”

“I don’t think you understand your situation Lucianne.” Her mother growled, Lucie cringed at her full name as her mother glared at her. “You will marry Zayn, you will do whatever it takes to make your future husband happy, and you will give birth the future leader of this clan, do I make myself clear?”

“If you’re that power hungry Annabelle why don’t you just fuck him yourself?” She suggested, her voice dripping with sarcasm. She was answered by her mother’s nails digging even deeper into her skin and Lucie was pretty sure she was going to draw blood.

“Get your ass over there right now or so help me I will destroy everything you love.” Lucie’s blood froze at that, wondering for the briefest moment if her mother knew about Liam, but Annabelle’s icy glare would have been ready to kill if that were the case, so Lucie dismissed it as herself becoming paranoid. She let out a small sigh, pulling her shoulder from her mother’s talons as she approached the Maliks.

Putting on a sad smile she immediately made her way to Zayn’s mother, placing her hand on the beautiful older woman’s shoulder. “Patricia, I’m so sorry.” She whispered. The raven haired woman said nothing, simply pulling Lucie into a tight hug.

“Thank you.” She whispered, pulling back and smiling softly as she took in the pretty brunette. “My goodness you’ve gotten beautiful Lucie. I could have sworn it was only yesterday when Zayn would torment the little girl with pigtails.” Both women chuckled, and as Lucie took a quick peek over at Zayn she saw his eyes were locked on the ground.

“Well, we’ve both changed a lot since then.” She lied. “I’ll let you two pay your respects.” She said quietly, giving Patricia a small nod. “I am truly sorry, he was a great man.” With that Lucie turned and started to leave, but at the sound of Zayn’s voice she stopped, fighting back a long groan and trying to remember he’d just lost his father.

“Lucie.” He said, quickly catching up just as she turned around. He shoved his hands into the pockets of his suit and started chewing on his bottom lip. “Can I talk to you?”

“We are talking.” She said simply, giving him a forced smile. “And if you’re going to turn my dress into spiders again like you did last time in front of your goonish little friend Harry-”

“I’m sorry.” He said simply, his eyes moving to meet hers. “I know I’ve been really shitty to you and all, and I shouldn’t have been.” She pressed her lips together, raising an eyebrow at him.

“Do you really think a half assed apology is going to make up for nineteen years of you tormenting me?” She asked, glaring at him. “What’s with the change of heart?”

“Well, with my dad gone… I’m going to be in charge now, and I’d like to know I’d have you to go to for advice.” She scrunched her face up in disgust at him as she looked at the spoiled tyrant of a boy before her. The thought of him ruling the clan made her fear for their survival as she watched his shoulders droop. “Lucie, maybe your parents are right. Maybe we should get married.”

“You’re kidding.” She snapped, praying that he would turn her hair into maggots or something, anything to let her know this was a joke, but he simply kept his honey eyes locked on hers. “You’re the one who said you’d rather marry a human than me.”

“That was before.” He said simply.

“Before what?” He pressed his lips together and she felt her heartstrings tug as she thought of Liam. He was the only one she ever wanted to be with, the only one who would ever understand her and love her all the same. She wanted nothing more than for the beautiful, brown eyed boy to be here right now and carry her away, but she knew it was just a dream.

“What are you two talking about?” Lucie cringed at the sound of her mother’s voice, wanting nothing more than for the blonde woman to be the one in the casket. Zayn licked his lips nervously before turning to Lucie’s parents and she knew exactly what was going to happen. She opened her mouth and was about to try and stop it, but with one small, flick of her hand Annabelle silenced her, making her daughter a mute as she turned back to Zayn.

“I’d like to ask permission to marry your daughter.” He said simply. “I think a union between us would be good for the clan.” Lucie wanted to scream, to punch Zayn in the face for even suggesting such an awful thing, but her mother still had control over her vocal chords, so Lucie stayed silent.

“Well look who’s grown up on us.” Edgar, Lucie’s father, said with a smirk. “She’s all yours.” Zayn gave them both a painful smile as he turned back to Lucie.

“So when should we have the ceremony?” He asked, causing Lucie to cringe. They all had grown up on the rumors of how painful the sealing ceremony was, especially for people who weren’t in love. Everyone knew that the more you disliked the other person, the more painful it became.

“Oh we’ll plan all that Zayn.” Annabelle cooed, taking the boy into her arms. “We’re so excited to have you join our family!” As Annabelle and Edgar began plotting, pulling Zayn’s mother into the conversation, Lucie saw a small firefly land in the window of the church. She saw her parents, Zayn, and Patricia weren’t paying attention to her anymore, so she slowly made her way outside, following the small bug into the woods.

Finally she saw the brown hair in the distance, the warm smile, and those eyes she just wanted to get lost in forever. She ran as fast as she could before leaping into Liam’s arms, burying her face in his neck as he caught her. She couldn’t help but feel tears escape her and Liam pulled away, cradling her face in his hands. “Lucie, what’s wrong?” He asked. She just wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing their lips together, knowing it could be the last time. As she pulled away Liam’s eyes were huge. “Luce, please talk to me.”

Her lower lip was trembling, and she knew how upset he was going to be. She took his hands in hers, lacing their fingers together. “Liam, I want you to know that I love you. I always have, and I will until the day I die.” She could see the concern on Liam’s face as she hugged him again.

“Lucie.” He whispered, running his fingers through her hair. “Please.” She took a deep breath as she pulled back, looking into his eyes.

“Zayn just proposed.” She choked out. “Our sealing ceremony will be soon and then I’ll have to marry him and…” She burst into tear, burying her face in the crook of Liam’s neck as he just stood, completely frozen. “Liam I love you so much. I just want us to be kids again, when we didn’t have to deal with any of this and it was just you and me.” He slowly hugged her back, burying his face in her hair.

“It still can be.” He whispered, pulling back and looking at her. “As long as no one finds out, we can still be together.” She slowly started to shake her head, but Liam silenced her objections, pressing his forehead to hers. “I will not lose you.” He said simply. “I can’t.

“Liam if they find out they’ll kill you, Zayn will kill you-”

“I don’t care.” He swore, cradling her face and wiping away her tears with his thumbs. “Because as long as I have you right here.” He took one of her hands, setting it on top of his heart. “Then I don’t care what they do to me.” She pressed her lips together before locking them with his, never wanting to let go of the only man she would ever love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Liam and Luce!
And now she's engaged to Zayn?
Poor thing
The amazing and magical Amanda is next
So get excited!

oxoxoxo