Status: The road to stardom is paved with a thousand classes.

Adlewood Academy

Jocelyn Turner

Jocelyn feared that it would be awkward when she met with Liam the next evening but it was completely comfortable. He had music playing already, like he did the night before, and this time it wasn’t a song she could dance ballet to but something she might listen to on the radio. Confused, she dropped her bag and walked further in, grabbing his attention. He had been looking through his CDs when he heard her and smiled upon seeing her looking so shy and beautiful. She had her hair down that night instead of up as usual and he thought she was radiant.

“You were wonderful in class today.” He commented, walking over to her and touching his fingers to her soft, reddish-brown hair.

She flushed. She had felt it today, all throughout her classes, that she had gotten better though only slightly. The confidence that he had given her in one night of dancing together (and maybe the making out didn’t hurt, either) had made her movements more fluid and chipped away a very small part of stage fright. She wasn’t up to the standards she should be yet, but she was getting there and it was all thanks to the man in front of her. She bit her lip trying not to grin but it didn’t work. “Thank you.”

“You’re most welcome.”

“What are we dancing today?”

“No ballet today, Jocelyn. Tonight we are just going to have some fun.” He walked away from her to go and shut the door and she felt her heartbeat spike. Sure, they had been alone but they had never quite been this alone.

It didn’t just make her heart race but it made all the desire she had for him when she got back to her room last night explode. So, she did exactly what she told Lana she wanted to do – she made out with her instructor again. This time they knew they were alone and that no one would casually stroll by and see them in their passionate embrace which turned the heat up exponentially. Hands were roaming everywhere, lips moving incessantly, tongues meeting, teeth nibbling until they were out of breath and needed to break away.

“I did plan on dancing tonight.” He teased right before going back in for another kiss.

◊◊◊


Practices were spent mostly making out but also dancing. Liam had told her a duet would be her safest bet at winning the showcase, what with her stage fright, but she wanted to do it on her own. She argued that, at the rate they were going, she would be completely cured by then anyway. All the work they were doing together had alleviated so much of her anxiety that it was mind-blowing. Of course, she knew that Liam was a very large part of that. Without him, both in coaching her dancing and in sweeping her off her feet, she would never have gotten as far as she was. Her instructors all asked her what she was doing different – it was so noticeable that she was getting better by leaps and bounds. It made some of the other dancers a bit nervous. She had never been a threat before but now she was. Along with the emotionally way she danced she was now gaining technical merit and performing in front of others. Now she was an actual candidate for the showcase.

Luckily Lana, her only friend, wasn’t competitive. In fact, it was Lana that encouraged Jocelyn to continue her relationship with Liam. She had seen what a difference it made and how great she was dancing in front of others that she said that it couldn’t be all wrong since it was doing something right. Jocelyn agreed. Any fear she had about being expelled was washed away. She never really thought about it around him, anyway. Around him she felt brave and talented and sexy.

To show her appreciation to Liam, she had decided to choreograph her dance for the showcase completely on her own and surprise him with it on their last day of private rehearsals. It was a mixture of what he was teaching her and things she had picked up in all of her classes. Her final dance would be a perfect combination of ballet, modern, jazz and even a bit of swing and gymnastics (which she had to relearn from her childhood). It was going to be unlike anything the other dancers were doing and she felt so amazingly confident in it that it shocked her. She had never in all her years felt like this about her dancing.

“Tonight, we are going to salsa.” Liam said, making her chuckle. Her nervousness around the beautiful instructor had vanished after a few of their practices together. She joined in laughing with him, finally understanding why there was a beautiful Spanish song playing that night when she walked in. “Have you ever taken salsa?”

“No, actually. I took swing instead.” She dropped her stuff and walked over to him, tiptoeing up to peck him on the lips. “I’m sure you can teach me.” She teased, dropping her voice down low and sexy.

“I’m always happy to teach you something new, love.” He wrapped his arm around her and smoothly dipped her low to the ground pecking her lips like she did to him before bring her back up on her feet.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm swooning over here. Salsa dancing with Liam? Yes, please!
Yay for Jocelyn getting confident! Hopefully Lana can keep their secret until graduation!

I wonder who will win the showcase? Any guesses?

Thanks for reading!
xoxo, Erin