Status: The road to stardom is paved with a thousand classes.

Adlewood Academy

Jocelyn Turner

It was impossible for Jocelyn to be upset when she heard that she hadn’t won the showcase when it came out that her swing partner, Niall, had. She was so happy for him that he won because he was such a sweet guy and, before Liam, he had done his best to help her with her stage fright. Sure, it would be disappointing for a little while but after the judges came up to personally congratulate her and tell her how great she had done, it quickly dissipated. Of course she had wanted to win but overcoming her fears, and getting Liam in the process, was enough of a victory for her.

A few days after the showcase, Jocelyn was packing up to go home for a short break before she would be returning to London and then, in the fall, back to Adlewood. She had been so afraid that she would be asked not to come back at the end of the year but after her showcase it seemed all the professors saw in her what had originally gotten her there and she was given a full ride for her next term with the school. On top of that, she got an internship at a ballet company where she would get to work with professional dancers and choreographers for two months. She was also specifically asked by her technique instructor, Alessandro, to try out for the fall show and he hinted that if she had done anything like what she did in her showcase she was sure to land a lead. All in all, she would say that everything was a success.

Including her relationship with Liam, who would also be in London at his new job at the dance company choreographing dancers. In fact, Jocelyn had googled it and as it would turn out the company he was working for was only four miles away from where her internship was. Unfortunately their embrace had not gone unnoticed by the dean and he was being reprimanded though he didn’t care all that much since he had a new job that he was excited about. But, it had made it hard to talk to him in the days after the showcase.

Jocelyn sat on her bed and looked around. Lana had already gone home for the summer but next year they would be roommates again after filing a request with the administration office. She would also be in London for the summer so Jocelyn knew they’d see each other soon. The room felt empty without her in it and all of her stuff in bags to go home. She would be there for two weeks before her internship started and she couldn’t wait to see her mother. Talking on the phone just wasn’t the same as being home and able to cook and laugh and go shopping together. Plus, she would get to show her mother the video from her showcase and tell her how she had finally overcome her crippling anxiety when it came to performing.

Two knocks caused the brunette to nearly topple of the bed before she shouted at the person to come in. She was surprised to see Niall standing there, a duffel bag over his shoulder and grinning like always. “Hey, I just came to say goodbye.”

“Oh, thanks. Congratulations, by the way.” She said, standing up to go over and give him a hug. She was glad to have Niall around as a friend, knowing he was coming back again next year.

“Thank you. Also, I heard through the grapevine you’ll be taking swing again next year. I’m officially submitting my name to be your partner again.” He joked, making her laugh.

“Of course, who else would I dance with?”

“As long as your boyfriend doesn’t beat me up.” Ever since the showcase it had gotten out that she and ‘Mr. Payne’ were a couple, even if that wasn’t actually official just yet. Girls were sending glares her way while the boys (the few straight ones she had in her classes) looked at her in a new light. She hoped that it would blow over by the time school started up again, especially since Liam wouldn’t be back teaching next year.

“He’d rather it be you than someone else.” Liam’s voice startled the blond and Jocelyn smiled over his shoulder where he was walking through the open door with a bouquet of lilies. He shook Niall’s hand then walked over to kiss her cheek. He was wearing a suit from his exit meeting with the dean and she was trying to think if he looked better dressed up or dressed down and shirtless. It was a tough call.

“I’ll see you next year, Jocelyn.” Niall said, waving and heading out. A lot of students were milling about in the hallway saying their goodbyes so Jocelyn shut her door to have some privacy.

“I’ll have to watch out for that one.” Liam muttered, handing her the flowers.

“No you won’t. He has a girlfriend back in Ireland.” Jocelyn assured, getting up on her toes to kiss him.

“So now that I’m officially not your teacher anymore, I have something I need to ask you.” Liam said, sitting on her bed and patting the spot next to him.

“All right.” She said, smiling over at him nervously.

“Jocelyn Turner, will you be my girlfriend?”

“Everyone already thinks I am.” She joked, making them both chuckle. “But, of course I will officially be your girlfriend.”

“Now I know your internship is putting you up in a hotel for two months but I was thinking that perhaps you’d rather stay with me? I know that’s kind of moving fast, but I have a great place in London with plenty of room – you could even have your own bedroom if you like. But, I don’t know … after not being able to really be together all year and we’ll be working a lot before you’re back here … I thought it would be nice to be able to spend as much time together as possible.”

“I don’t think I’ve ever made you this nervous before.” Jocelyn said, smiling. Usually, she was the more nervous one of the two. But it seemed that she had conquered all of her fears. “I would love to stay with you. But there’s one thing that you have to do before I live with you for two months.”

“Anything.”

“Meet my mother.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww ... a happy ending for Jocelyn and Liam!
I'm so sad to say goodbye to these two - I loved them dearly.
Thank you so much for your support -subscribing, recommending, commenting.
Y'all are so lovely.

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for Ava's and Mia's endings!
xoxo, Erin