Nights of London

1

He was so secretive this who time. I thought he didn't have a problem, just like me. But he decided to open up to the group of us, after two who months.

"..and my brother, Oliver, got away with it bloody Scott free. While I am here admitting to my problem of cocaine, he is probably out there snorting a line. Because my mother cherishes him. But I do have a problem, and I'm slowly but surely dreading it."

Everybody clapped and cheered for him. I grimaced but clapped. He sounded proper spoiled, but addicted.

"Thank you, Thomas. Thank you for finally speaking to us about your addiction. I knew you'd come through." Gina, our councilor smiled. "It's break though, so everybody can run along. Thanks again guys."

I stood up, along with everybody else, and headed outside for a cigarette. Four of us out of the ten took a cigarette break. Me and Tom always sat by the water fountain. To think that we've never spoken a word.

Tom nodded toward me and put his hand out to lite my cigarette, noticing me patting about for a lighter that wasn't there. I moved in and cupped my hand around the fire, lighting the tip of my Marlboro.

"How is your day going?" He asked with his lovely English accent.

"Pretty fine, looking forward to getting out in a few days." I sighed.

"Me, too."

We sat in silence, taking long drags off of our cigarettes and walking in to the rehabilitation center together.