Nights of London

2

You'd think rehabilitation for drugs would work. Counseling, sobriety, and people around you going through the same thing. I found it quite helpful. I no longer wanted heroin in my system after two months being off of it. However, I did enjoy other drugs, and I still do.

Tom was different.

We moved in with each other after rehab, it's been one months. We stayed sober together for about a week. Then along came Oliver, Matty, Vegan, and Lee. Jona was no problem, but he also decided to leave after an hour or two. The rest of the boys were. They came into out flat like animals, ready to feed.

Many drugs; pounds of cocaine, grams upon grams of weed, much booze, and different pills I could not name. They all came out of one bag.

I took Tom into the back room and gave him a look of disapproval. But we were both on the same boat. We wanted to get fucked up. We wanted to get out of our shit of a reality life. And that's what we did. Oliver got Tom right back on the long and lonely road of his coke habit.

I watched as Tom snorted a line off of a plastic tray. Pure disappointment. But, shit happens. I took a shot of whiskey, shaking my head as it burnt the pit of my throat. Little did I know, the person making my shots put one little pill in my drink. That one little pill made my perception way off.

"T..t..Tom." I slurred, seeing fours.

"Yes?"

You see, Tom wasn't on my level. Cocaine didn't make him see things, or trip out. It makes him coherent. Alert. Paranoid. He just...talks a lot. About nothing, but what he talks about makes some sort of sense to him.

"I don't...know what I'm on."

"You took some pills that Oli gave you."

"No." I looked around at the swaying room. "I didn't."

Tom rolled his eyes and laid down, crossing his legs. I could hear people around me but nobody was there. Nobody except for Tom.

It got quite, I couldn't hear anything except for myself breathing. I was loud. Out of nowhere, faces popped in front of me. Tom, Lee, Vegan. I looked behind me, Oli, Matty, looking at me like I was stupid. I looked back.

"Tom, help me."

And then the noise came back in. Everybody yelling at me. "What's wrong?" I look up. "Are you okay?"

"I can't handle this. I'm going to sleep." I close my eyes and lay on the hard wood floor, feeling cold all of the sudden.

"She can't go to sleep, we should take her somewhere." I hear Tom's voice.

I keep my eyes closed.

"No, we can't take her somewhere."

"We're all fucked up. We'll all-"

"Go to jail, you bloody fucking stupid Tom. She'll be alright."

"You don't understand." Tom muttered.

"What?"

Voices faded. Everybody got quiet. didn't bother to open my eyes back up, I just laid in silence. Everyone around me partied harder while I slept. The music blared, Matty throwing up, Oli laughing and dancing, Tom jotting down poetry that wouldn't matter tomorrow.