Status: I will be constantly changing and revising so hang in there.

Merry Go 'Round

Tyler Elisburg

Tyler Elisburg is to this day the most beautiful boy I have ever seen. He has those perfect ocean blue eyes set under a dark brow, that when positioned correctly could persuade you to do anything he could possibly want. His hair, a dark chocolate brown, was always worn longer and shaggy with the natural waves crinkling the strands into a perfect style. He always says this look comes natural to him, but I could imagine him sitting in front of a mirror for hours just to make sure it was perfect. I am not saying he is prissy, he is just a little bit of a perfectionist.

When you could get over the initial shock of the beauty of his face with the square jaw always set in a stubborn way, you could move on to his body. Some of my friends would tell me they noticed his body first then his face, but I don't tend to check boys out as they do. He had broad, sloped shoulders that gave way to long muscular arms. His arms were my favorite feature besides his eyes. They were tan from working out in the sun, muscles that had been built up over the years coiled around the bone looked large even when he wasn't flexing or showing off. His hands were large and calloused from years of working with heavy farm machinery. His chest was pretty great to, but nothing beside the beauty of his arms.

Tyler was tall, standing around six foot four. He had that bad boy look down often wearing his leather jacket anytime he went out. I was one of the few people that knew he was secretly a big softy and he often begged me not to tell his secrete, even thought we both knew he wouldn't mind if I told the whole world.

---

Tyler came to my school the middle of my senior year. His father had found ranch property for cheap near by that was twice the size of his current operation. He had sold the ranch and moved out to the middle of no where, his son and stock in tow. I remember clearly how Tyler walked into that high school class room late on his first day. He had handed the teacher his slip and I had marveled about his hands, how they looked so rough, but all I could think about was them touching my skin. So I guess I do check guys out, just not in the same way my friends do. I remember how the teacher barely acknowledged him sending him to an open seat right beside me. He'd sat down and gave me the up-down look a guy gives you when checking you out. He had smiled then, his fake smile or Cheshire Cat grin as I later called it. I had just rolled my eyes at him and pretended not to be interested.

He spent the whole class period trying to get my attention, tossing little bits of paper my way and whispering the cliche psst at me. I had ignored him with much effort, focusing on the lesson as best I could. At the end of the period I had stood fast, thinking maybe I could get out of there quickly, but as I was rushing down the isle a hand had grabbed my bare arm and sent chills through my body. I knew it had to be him because the hand felt so rough, but in a way delicate. I had whipped around quickly, pulling my arm out of his grasp. I could tell he was the bad boy type, the one that your parent's would never agree to you dating. I remember looking at him expectantly with my green eyes and he just stared back for a moment before saying.

"So your not going to say anything, jeez what did I do to you? Or are you a mute?" His voice was rough, like his hands but it was one of the most amazing voices I had ever heard. I stared at him for a moment longer before replying.

"You know if I had been mute that would have been a terribly inconsiderate thing for you to say." I tried to sound scolding, but it didn't seem to affect him, his grin just broadened.

"So you can talk! Great, what's your name, darling." I flared up at the darling comment, narrowing my eyes into little slits.

"First of all I am not 'darling' not now, not ever, second of all, why do you want to know my name?" I know I sounded bitchy, but that was just how I was when strange guys called me darling.

"Because I am the new guy here and the new guy always needs a bitchy friend, and for you to be my bitchy friend, I need to know your name." This was the first time he had used his eyes on me looking deeply into my own until I melted into putty in his hands. I gulped looking away from him and out the window.

"My name is , uh, Taylor. What's yours?" I ask taking the risk and glancing back at him. His smile had turned triumphant.

"I am Tyler." He paused before continuing, "Hmm Taylor, Tyler. It has a nice ring to it."

"Yeah well, Tyler, I have to go, because I don't plan on being late to my next class. " I turned then, walking out of the now emptied classroom and heading off to my next class. Tyler followed me all the way there not saying a word. When we reached my classroom the hall way was empty. I turned to tell him to go to class now before he got late, but I was shocked into silence because he was standing so close to me we were almost touching. He gave me a genuine smile, not one of those Cheshire Cat grins before turning around and heading back down the hall.

"Good-bye Taylor." he glanced over his shoulder as he spoke and the way he said my name was the breaking point. Maybe it was then that I fell in love with him. I denied this for a long time, knowing that as long as I wanted to be part of my family I couldn't let my feelings for him grow.