Status: I will be constantly changing and revising so hang in there.

Merry Go 'Round

Spring Comes Early

The day's passed quickly in the few weeks leading up to the Spring Ball. Every day that went by I saw Tyler and we ended out on the court during the second part of lunch. We didn't always play basketball, most the time sat just sat up against one of the school's outer walls and talked about nothing in particular.

One day about a week after we started hanging out it was pouring rain and I had been down because I didn't thing we would be able to hang out like usual. I am not really sure why that got me so upset, I mean I am technically an engaged woman, so I shouldn't be off pining over some boy that wasn't my fiance, but I was. I walked into the multi-purpose room where lunch was served and went to fill my tray with food. After turning away from the try I noticed Tyler sitting at an empty table in the corner of the room all by himself. He had waved me over and we spent the whole period laughing and joking, rushing to class when the warning bell rang.

After that day the rumors had started and I figured what was the point in hiding it anymore. So we ate lunch together every day in the same spot. I once heard some guy in the hallway talking to Kale asking him what he was going to do about it. He had told the guy that we weren't exclusive and I didn't owe him anything until the wedding. He also admitted that he would like it if it could be him I was so enthralled by, but I could only give so much. I guess he wasn't that bad of a guy, but my heart ached whenever I thought about the wedding, so I just didn't think about it unless I had to.

One day I had come home after school and my mamma had cornered me, apparently I looked happier then usual, and she wanted to know if I had slept with someone. I guess if the answer had been yes she would have knocked me senseless then found some way to cover it up because the wedding would be off if Kale's parents found out. Instead the answer was no. Then she gave me this huge lecture about how hard her and my father had worked to set up this marriage. When the lecture was almost over she brought up Tyler.

"So what is this I hear in town about you having a boyfriend? The new boy at school Kevin or something." I looked up from my hands half expecting her to be tapping her foot like some cliche mother from a movie.

"You mean Tyler?" I fought to keep the blush down and I was pretty sure I succeeded, "He is just a friend of mine, girls can have guy friends it's the twenty-first century mom." I had stood up from the couch.

"Yeah and did Tyler tell you this?" She asked crossing her arms and staring me down.

"No mamma, it is just how things are now. Trust me Tyler is just a friend." I fought down the defensive urge because I knew if she got mad I would be forbidden to talk to Tyler.

"Well fine, but remember this conversation when you are talking to Tyler and remember how hard your father and I have worked for you." She exclaimed, turning and walking back into the kitchen.

After that day my mamma had left me alone about Tyler, probably suspecting that she had scared all the fight right out of me.

I was eating lunch with Tyler one day, it was unseasonably warm outside so we were shoveling our food down to head out to the blacktop when he looked at me with those eyes and asked,

"How would you like it if we went out sometime. Maybe I could take you to an actual town." I nearly choked on my sandwich. I swallowed carefully and then contemplated this idea. There was nothing I would like more then to go out with him. I knew I would have to come up with some sort of lie.

"That sounds awesome." I gave him one of my quick smiles, before taking another bite. He smiled back, his sweet genuine smile and butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

I had yet to tell Tyler about Kale, so I would have to soon, but that could wait. I still had another two months of school and another three months until I turned eighteen. I looked at Tyler again, he was looking away from me so I savored a few moments of just staring at him.

"So when?" I asked setting the crust of my sandwich down on the plate.

"Tomorrow night? It is Friday so we wont have to worry about coming back in time for school and I can take you to the closest city possible." He told me before shoving the rest of his food into his mouth.

"Sounds perfect to me." I told him.

We both stood up in sync before walking over to dump our plaits.

"Wait for me outside." I told him before hurrying off to the table of girls. I needed to talk to one named Jessica. Jessie and I had been as close as I would ever get to a best friend since as long as I could remember. It wasn't that I didn't like her, it was just that I wasn't into all the hugely girly stuff and she was. I did just enough to get by.

The table went quiet when I walked up. The girls rarely talked to me anymore, but I knew Jessie would still help me out. She was always reliable and trustworthy.

"Hey Jess, can I talk to you?" I asked, "Privately." I added as an afterthought. She nodded hastily putting down her food and hurrying off to the hall way with me. It was completely deserted. I spun around to face her.

"I need to ask a huge favor of you." I told her.

"Spill." She said leaning back against a locker.

"So Tyler wants to take me out on a date and my parent's will never approve. Can you pretend like I am staying at your place? Pretty please Jess?" I plead. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Fine but please be careful." She told me, reaching out and giving me a big hug.

"I promise." I say hugging her back, I wanted to shout with joy on the inside.

Jessica hurried back over to the table and I hurried out the doors to the blacktop. I heard her give some bogus story about needing a tampon and secretly smiled to myself. Tomorrow was going to be awesome.
♠ ♠ ♠
Coment|Reccomend|Subscribe