Status: The first chapter will be posted shortly.

Happy Endings Are for Optimists

I realized what exactly needed to happen

The final straw for me came unexpectedly one day.

Oli had been home all day, and I had been trying my best to stay out of his way. And so far, I was doing well. He was too preoccupied with whatever he was doing to really give a shit about me.

That is, until he needed something.

“’Ey, Kyle” He called. I walked to the doorway, staying as far away as I could, “I realleh need some money.”

“Okay. What do you need me for?” I asked quietly.

“Isn’t it obvious? Go out there an’ make meh some. Yeh might can get some with tha’ body” He told me with a laugh. I was appalled. I couldn’t believe he just suggested that.

I didn’t make any sort of reply, I just tried to flee. And I almost made it, until I felt his hand grab a fist-full of my hair and pull me back.

“’Ey, I know yeh heard me. Do et” He hissed, holding me there. “No” I yelped, trying to pull myself away but only causing myself more pain.

His grip slacked for a moment before tightening. I ground my teeth as me pulled me to face him. “Wha’ was that?”

“No” I said, a little quieter, my voice strained as I tried to not cry.

The sound echoed around the room, his palm hitting my face. I tried to raise my hand and cradle it, but couldn’t as he grabbed me by the front of my shirt.

“Don’t yeh dare disobey me” He spat in my face, close enough where I could smell the liquor on his breath.

“But-” Everything shook as he slammed my body into the wall. I could practically feel the bruises forming under my skin. “What was that?” He barked.

Then I had a revelation. An epiphany of sorts. I realized exactly what needed to happen.

“Nothing! Nothing. I’ll do it..” I murmured. A Cheshire grin spread across his face, happy with my submission.

“Tha’s what I thought”

Then he dropped me and I scurried up to the room to get dressed. Once safe, I went to my stash and grabbed all the money I had managed to hide. I grabbed any other valuable item I owned that I could take, and put them in my pockets. I grabbed some heels and a purse, and used the purse to hide some other things.

Then I went to where he kept his valuables. Drugs, expensive jewelry that he wasted money on, anything he had. I was going to need it. I grabbed my phone and it’s charger and, finally, I grabbed Cameron’s most recent letter.

Opening my phone, I went to a picture. It was of the two of us when we were actually happy. It hurt. I still loved him, but I didn’t love who he was now.

Putting the last two things in my purse, I brushed out my hair and headed downstairs.

“’Ave fun” He called, laughing to himself as if he made a great joke.

I closed the door normally and hurried to my car. I tore out of our driveway, driving as far from the house as I could. I was heading to the highway. Then I pulled out my phone and dialed his number.

Ring. Ring. Ri- He picked up.

Wha’ the hell? Didn’ yeh just leave?

“I just thought I should let you know, I’m leaving you. Don’t bother looking for me. All of you valuables are gone, I’ll be selling them. I loved you, but you obviously didn’t love me. Enjoy this phone call, it will be the last time you hear my voice” I said in a clear monotone voice, refusing to let myself cry.

Wha-” I hanged up the phone before he could say anything more.

I pulled over on the side of the road and pulled out a note pad from the glove box. I searched Cameron’s address and found directions and quickly jotted them down. He hadn’t actually moved too far away.

I held the pad in my lap as I drove off again. On a whim, I rolled down the window and dropped my phone outside it. I couldn’t have him find a way to follow me.

I followed the directions easily, only having to turn around once.

When I finally reached the right address, I pulled my car into his driveway and got out, taking my purse with me.

I ran to his doorstep and rang the doorbell and banged on the door before, finally, I heard the lock click.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally writing hell for me is over. Seriously, I hated writing all of that. It makes me sad.

Anyway, I hope this was interesting enough for you. Please enjoy.

By the way, I started a new story out of pure boredom and an idea. If anyone likes All Time Low, please go check out If I Just Save You. I have a shitty layout because I've gotten bored with my layouts, but maybe you'll enjoy the plot? Who knows.

Anyway, until next time c: Please comment, by the way.