Status: Hey! Trying this out- tell me what you think! :)

Maybe Someday

Loverboy

That next Sunday, Fay decided to accompany me to help group. We took a seat in empty chairs near the door, waiting for it to begin. Austin entered the room, and it felt like all the air in the room turned to wood. I could hardly breathe, and apparently it showed, because Fay turned to me with a concerned look.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, Fay." I replied, taking a deep breath and relaxing.
Or at least I tried, when Austin sat in the empty seat next to me.
"Hey, sweetheart."
"Don't call me that."
"Hi! I'm Fay. You must be Austin. I've heard a lot about you already." Fay extended her arm, taking Austin's hand in hers and shaking firmly.
"You're a cutie." Austin responded, planting a kiss on her hand before dropping it and facing Peter's chair, where he began the group talk for the week.
"I believe we have a new member." Peter gestured to Fay. "Please introduce yourself." You could've sworn Fay was a deer caught in headlights.
"I'm Fay. I'm Aster's closest friend, as far as I know, anyway." She paused, inserting an awkward laugh before beginning again. "I don't really have any disorder or depression. I'm just here to support Aster." She smiled at me, and gave my hand a comforting pat.
"Thanks, Fay. Group, you know what we do when we have a new member." Peter waved his hands to engage the whole group. The entire room exclaimed a rather depressing collective 'welcome'.
 
The rest of help group went particularly slowly. I found myself repeatedly sneaking glances at Austin, staring as his long fingers, the way he tugged at the thick sleeves of his long sweater. I found myself breathless once again as he reached his arms up and pulled the red sweater over his head, revealing a thin, flimsy tank top with the text "Create Music." on the front. As if his perfectly toned, muscular arms weren't enough, he had beautiful tattoos all along his right arm, the one closest to me. I stared and peeked at the different pictures along his arm. A big boat, waves coating his bicep, a whirlpool circling to the point of his elbow. I was positive each one had a story, a reason for him to have these scenes permanently etched into his arm. I didn't fall back into reality until it was time to leave.
"Hey, sweetheart, gonna let me in your car this time?" I felt Austin's warm breath against my neck. He was easily six inches taller than me, so each word fell against my skin with heat.
"Why should I?"
"I need a ride."
"Where?"
"Your place." He smiled a toothy grin and attempted to pull me into a hug from behind.
"Austin, I hardly know you."
"Let's change that then." Fay gave us an awkward glance.
"Guys, I'm still here…"
"Oh. Oh! Fay! Let's go home." I stepped away from Austin, before pulling out my phone. "Look for the contact that says 'Me.' That's my phone number. Put it in your phone, call me some time." Austin smiled, grabbing his phone from his back pocket and entering my number.
~
It was the next Saturday before Austin called me, the day before help group. I was eating lunch on the sofa, with reruns of The Walking Dead playing on the television in front of me. My ringtone was the loud screaming from one of the Saw movies and it scared the hell out of me.
"Hello?"
"What's cooking, good looking?" Austin's cheerful voice greeted me on the other end.
"Hey, Austin."
"I said, what's cooking, good looking?" He persisted.
"Nothing. I'm eating macaroni and cheese and watching The Walking Dead."
"Oh."
"Yeah."
White noise coming from the phone filled the awkward silence.
"Well I'll see you tomorrow!"
"Yeah, Austin. Bye."