Status: Active

Stranded... With a Twilight Star

Departure

It was just a normal day in Los Angeles. The typical hot temperatures you would expect in the summertime. Since I had nothing to do, I made a beach day out of the hot and humid day. It was about noontime when I checked my phone for emails. See about a month ago, I entered a contest where I would win a spot on a Twilight Cruise. Yes, a Twilight Cruise. See the cruise was being sponsored by Summit Entertainment and it would have the main cast members on the boat as well. Basically just something for the fans to enjoy. Because you know how bands will have summer cruises and they'll perform and everything? Well it's kind of like that. But it'll just be a time to get to know the cast members and such. Those who would be on the cruise from the cast were Kristen, Robert, Nikki, Ashley, Kellan, Jackson, Peter, Elizabeth, and of course Taylor. Now I had to sign up when I heard Taylor was going to be on it. What I would give to meet him, let alone spend time with him, get to know him on a more personal level. Of course I may have to fight through all the fan girls, but that's alright. So anyways, there I am checking my emails. Something just told me to check them. And I'm glad I did, because there was the email I was waiting for with the subject line Winner.

I had to fight the urge to scream, because then people would be looking at me like I was a freak. I read over the email about a few times or so, making sure it said what I thought it said.

Dear Ms. Sparks,

You have been chosen as one of the many winners in our Twilight Cruise contest. Congratulations. You will accompany many other fans on this once in a lifetime cruise. The whole cast of the Twilight Saga will be there to greet you all as you board the boat. Please be at the harbor at 3pm sharp as the boat will be leaving at 4pm sharp. Hope you enjoy your time and again, congratulations.

Summit Entertainment

I can't believe it, I got a spot on the cruise. Crap, what time is it? I look at the time on my phone and see that it's already 1.

"Already one and I haven't packed!" I exclaim, gathering my things and heading back up to my house quickly.

I only had two hours to pack and I had to pack enough clothes and such for three weeks. I went frantic searching for clothes. I also had to take a shower and change. So I stopped the packing for bit and grabbed some clothes and headed into the shower. After showering, I got dressed and that's all I did before resuming packing. After almost two hours I was packed. Now all I had to do was finish getting ready to go. So I headed into the bathroom to do the finishing touches, makeup, hair, etc.

"There perfect for Taylor." I smile in the mirror.

I put everything away and back into my suitcase and then made sure I had everything to go. Keys for my house for when I get back from the cruise in three weeks, all my stuff, etc. Once I was all set with everything, I headed out of my bedroom, taking one last look at the Taylor posters.

"Meeting you in person finally." I say to myself before exiting my room.

I smile to myself as I head out to my car after locking the house. I put everything into the trunk and then get into the car, starting it.

"Taylor here I come." I say to myself before pulling out of my driveway and making my way to the harbor where the boat was being docked.

It was only about a 10 minute drive and when I got there, I couldn't believe the people.

"Wow. Who knew all these people entered." I say to myself.

After a bit, I shut the car off and then proceed to get out and get my things from the trunk of the car. Once I'm all set, I shut the trunk and lock the car, double checking before making my way over to the boardwalk. I was right on time seeing as people were already starting to board. I merged with the crowd and we all started the long walk to get onto the boat. As we inched closer we heard screams and cries and I knew we were getting closer to the cast. I have to say that the thought of seeing Taylor in person made my heart beat fast. We got close enough to where I could see him in the distance, flashing that smile of his. If I could, I would melt into a puddle right where I was. Compose yourself Pearl, compose yourself. Do not faint in front of him, do not faint. We inch closer and closer, and the closer I get to the Taylor the more my heart beats like crazy. After a while of boarding, I was just a few people away from him. He was going to be the first person I meet, getting on the boat, before meeting everyone else. Finally I walked forward and he was right there.

"Hey, enjoy the cruise. Can't wait to get to know you." He flashes me that smile of his.

"Likewise." I smile back, before moving along, being greeted by the rest of the cast.

And then I was led to where my room would be. I thank the attendant and head in. A room to myself, great. I decided to stay in the room and unpack while waiting for the boat to fill up. An hour later, it was time for departure.

"This is your captain speaking. And welcome to the Twilight Cruise. We'd like to first of all thank the cast for being here and we'd like to thank all the fans of course. Dinner will be in one hour, followed by a welcome party. No formal wear needed. That is all."

The boat then departed the dock and we were off for our 3 week cruise. After being situated in my new room, I left and went up to the deck. Fans were everywhere. Now to just find Taylor. I know the rest of the cast is on the boat, but I only care about Taylor. It wasn't really hard to find him...surrounded by all the fan girls, wanting pictures and autographs. I laugh to myself and walk past him and them, to watch the horizon as we went along. The sun should be setting soon, and dinner would be ready and then it would be the welcoming party. More mingling. I'll get to Taylor eventually, just don't know when that will be.

"Alright, alright. I'll be available for autographs and pictures later ladies. Right now I'd like to go mingle with everyone. Is that alright?" I hear him ask the group of girls around him, and then I hear a chorus of 'yes' and 'of course'.

I pay close attention to how close he is and who he talks with. I was too mesmerized by the setting sun to see that he was right next to me.

"Beautiful isn't it?" His voice stops all my thoughts, and I turn to see him watching the sunset.

"Yeah. Especially on the ocean. I'm Pearl by the way. And yes I know who you are." I smile.

"I kind of figured."

"You know I'm honored to be on this cruise with you and the entire cast."

"Oh why thank you. We're just happy to be able to do this kind of thing for our fans. What's better than 3 weeks with us?"

"Nothing." I laugh, which causes him to laugh too. "I think this is going to be the best part of my summer."

"Well I'm glad. Everyone should have some kind of adventure during their summers. I'm just glad I got three weeks off. You know he busy life as an actor."

"Right." I nod. "But I bet it's the best job in the world. I wanna get into acting one day. Hopefully act alongside you someday. That's one of my dreams."

"Well it would be an honor to work alongside you someday. I hope you achieve your dream of an actress."

"Thanks. Maybe you can put in a good word for me? Well I would have to show you my skills first, but yeah."

"Of course." He nods.

"Well I'm sure you wanna go mingle with other girls on the boat. So...see you at the welcome party?"

"Oh yeah. It great talking to you Pearl."

"You too."

With that he walks away and I sigh happily and mentally melt into a puddle. This is going to be a fun 3 weeks. So I went venturing about, trying to find the rest of the cast. I managed to meet most of them, a lot of them were unreachable due to the crowds, but three weeks is enough to meet them all. Don't have to meet everyone in one night. The hour passed and the sun was still going down, but it was dinner time. We all head into the dining area where we all were seated at tables with groups. And what a coincidence, the girls at my table were fans of Taylor so we of course all got along great and gushed about how perfect he was.

Most of these girls were younger than he and I. And I say he and I because funny thing about it, we're both the same age. The reason why I say that, we both were born in 92, and not even that, we were born a month apart. I was born in March and he was born in February. It can't get any better than that really. During dinner, one by one, each cast member was coming around to the tables, sitting and talking with us for a while before heading to the table that was set up for them. Dinner lasted for a long time before we all filed out onto the deck and around the boat for the welcoming party. Of course they dismissed us by table because of the amount of people. The table I was at, was one of the many called first. When we got out on the deck, they had music going, everything.

"Wow." I remark.

"Great isn't it?" That all too familiar voice asks me.

"Taylor. You seem to always be finding me. That's just weird. How are you like not surrounded by all the girls?"

"You know, I really don't know. But I did say I'd see you at this welcoming party."

"True."

"Taylor!" He gets called and we see Kristen waving to him.

"Well looks like I'm needed for the moment."

"Oh yeah sure." I nod. "Cast business."

"Right." He nods, starting to walk away. "Oh, why don't you save a dance for me." He grins before walking away.

"Will do." I say quietly while smiling to myself.

I stand there, staring off in the direction that Taylor went. The ringing of a phone is what breaks the trance. I realize it's mine, so I take it out of my pocket and find that my best friend in the world is calling.

"Hey Ruby, what's up?"

"Nothing. Is that music in the background?"

"Oh...yeah. I'm kind of on a cruise."

"A cruise and you didn't invite me?"

"It's not that kind of cruise Rubes."

"How can it....ohhhh wait, I'm dumb. You're on that Twilight Cruise aren't you? Wait, you won?!"

"I did."

"No flipping way! Did you see Taylor? Was he hotter in person?"

"Oh hush. Yes he is. I uh..have something to tell you about Taylor as a matter of fact."

"He asked you to be his girlfriend didn't he? I knew it. You'll be Mrs. Taylor Lautner before you know it."

"Calm down, he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend. But he did talk to me....on two occasions."

"Ohhh you must be dying inside."

"Trust me I am, and it gets even better. There's this welcoming party right now and Taylor said to save him a dance."

"Ooooooh. You're going to dance with the man of your dreams. I don't think life can get any better for you. He'll fall in love with you. I know it."

"Yeah, that'll be the day. Need I remind you of all the girls on this boat who are in love with him and would give anything for him to love them back?"

"But you're way better than those other girls. I bet a majority of them are creepy stalkers and they freak out over him like 24-7. You're the most down to earth girl I know. And he loves that remember?"

"Yeah, I remember. He likes someone who can just be themselves. And I was nothing but calm and collected and myself while talking to him."

"See? Keep that up and it'll be no time when he falls for you."

"Oh quiet. I highly doubt that."

"I give it up to the very last day on that cruise."

"Yeah yeah. Oh he's coming. I'll talk later." I hang up, putting my phone into my pocket. "Taylor." I acknowledge.

"Pearl. Still holding that dance for me?"

"I wouldn't pass it up."

"Well then...shall we?" He asks, holding out his hand with a smile.

I smile back and take his hand and we head out into the crowd that was dancing. It's an upbeat song, one of the many artists he likes. I'm sure all of the girls who loved Taylor were jealous of me because I got to dance one on one with him. But you know I didn't care. He asked me. Of course at times, he busted out some crazy dance moves and I couldn't help but laugh. He's good for that...making me laugh. Looking around I see some girls giving me the evil eyes. I roll my own and focus on having fun with Taylor. Before the song could even end, I was bumped out of the way from a rude fan and she started dancing with him. I give her a look of disbelief and then look at Taylor. I shrug and mouth 'jealous' about the girl. He nods and points to me and mouths 'later?'. I nod with a smile and walk away, letting the rude girl have her moment with him. I then walk off, finding the group of girls that were at the same table as me at dinner. When I find them, I walk up to them.

"Heyy." I greet.

"Hey Pearl. Saw you dancing with Taylor. How was it?"

"Oh it would've been better if that girl who was just so rude, pushed me to the side."

"I know, we saw. Some girls can be so cruel, thinking you're taking away their only man."

"I know right? I do think we're gonna end up meeting up later or something."

"Oooh someone's taken a liking to youuu."

"Nah."

"Oh stop being in denial. As much as the rest of us would love to be in your shoes, you're the one he likes the most on this trip already."

"You really think so?"

"Oh yeah."

"He's not just being really nice?"

"No, not at all. We've been talking and we think you've really hit it off with him and we've only known you a few hours since dinner."

"Highly doubt he'd go for me."

"Are you kidding me? We saw the way he was looking at you. Plus he's said he'd date a fan, he said it's possible. You think just any celebrity says that?"

"Well no but-"

"No buts. It's only a matter of time."

"Yeah..." I trail off.

It was kind of hard getting to Taylor the rest of the night. All the girls were surrounding him and going up to him asking him to dance with them. My new friends had left the party, calling it an early night. Most of the people left to their rooms/cabins. But there was still a group of girls just basically lined up to dance with Taylor. I figured dancing with him again isn't gonna happen. The party's almost over, and there's quite a few girls still trying to get their dance with Taylor. I was getting bored anyway, so I left the deck area and went to the back of the boat. I was just admiring the view, the water, the moon, everything.

"Sorry about not getting another dance in." I hear Taylor behind me.

"Not your fault." I respond, not turning around.

"No, but I feel bad." He states, walking up and standing next to me.

"You shouldn't feel bad. I'm sure they'll be tons of partys these three weeks. They're all just jealous of me apparently. Don't blame yourself. I had fun with the time I had with you before I got bumped out of the way, but still...I had fun. First night on the boat and it was great."

"I'm glad everyone is heading to bed now. You're heading there soon right?"

"Yeah, most likely. It's been a long day."

"I thought so. Well I'll tell you what. Meet me for breakfast. Despite all the girls, I think we should spend the day together...even though we have three weeks. I wanna get to know you."

"So that means..."

"Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in between."

"Really?"

"Yeah sure. Plus I heard you're one of my biggest fans. I owe it to you and I would love to get to know one of my biggest fans."

"Don't hear too many celebrities say that every day."

"I'm not like every other celebrity. I'm different."

"And that's what I love about you."

After a while of standing there in silence, I break it.

"Well um...I think I'm gonna head back to my room and get some sleep. What time should I meet you for breakfast? Just so I can set my alarm."

"Oh yeah of course, and about 8. Not too early, not too late."

"Alright, sounds good." I say as I turn to face him. "Goodnight Taylor."

"Goodnight Pearl." He replies, and we hug each other before I head in the direction of where my room is.